Sign in to follow this  

2015 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

This season is going to suck massively.

Driver of the day was Felipe Nasr for me for greatly exceeding expectations.
Muppet of the day was Sergio Perez.

If I was Alonso, I would act like I'm still 15 and in karting after seeing McLaren's performance in today's race.

Mclaren Honda are a bit difficult to read right now. I'm reading lots of reports with lots of different theories. Some saying they were only running 30% engine output today, which I'm pretty sure is false. If that's true Mclaren are going to destroy everyone later in the season. 

But I'd hazard a guess they might've been running on pure ICE power today. If you look at the end of straight speeds they (relatively speaking) aren't too bad - Button was only 10kph off Ricciardo in their respective fastest speed trap times. If the MGU-H wasn't on there would be nothing preventing turbo lag, which would explain why he seemed to lose so much speed in acceleration zones compared to Perez when he was racing him. Plus Button complained of having to do a lot of fuel saving, suggesting the electrical systems may not have been in effect.

On a different note did anyone else notice a portion of boo's today for Hamilton on the podium? Don't condone such actions, F1 should stick to being F1 and not football. But it's a funny old world isn't it. With every moment that passes by, the admiration for Vettel from the Tifosi is growing, and Hamilton is taking up Seb's old spot of crushing everyone at every race. 

VetteIfan said:
Mclaren Honda are a bit difficult to read right now. I'm reading lots of reports with lots of different theories. Some saying they were only running 30% engine output today, which I'm pretty sure is false. If that's true Mclaren are going to destroy everyone later in the season. 

But I'd hazard a guess they might've been running on pure ICE power today. If you look at the end of straight speeds they (relatively speaking) aren't too bad - Button was only 10kph off Ricciardo in their respective fastest speed trap times. If the MGU-H wasn't on there would be nothing preventing turbo lag, which would explain why he seemed to lose so much speed in acceleration zones compared to Perez when he was racing him. Plus Button complained of having to do a lot of fuel saving, suggesting the electrical systems may not have been in effect.

On a different note did anyone else notice a portion of boo's today for Hamilton on the podium? Don't condone such actions, F1 should stick to being F1 and not football. But it's a funny old world isn't it. With every moment that passes by, the admiration for Vettel from the Tifosi is growing, and Hamilton is taking up Seb's old spot of crushing everyone at every race. 
Seb got booed too.

fIsince08 said:
VetteIfan said:

Seb got booed too.
Yes I know, but that's nothing new. First time today I've heard Lewis boo'd. 

VetteIfan said:

Suppose it would make sense, didn't they have a few electrical issues pre season? I'd be surprised if Kmag's engine can be repaired, there was a fair bit came out flying out the back of it.

I miss Vettel's domination. don't like Hamilton one bit

I hate to spoil your party Seb, but they booed for that politician who was handing out the trophy. As soon as Hamilton took that plate the crowd was cheering.

That was my observation at least.

I hate to spoil your party Seb, but they booed for that politician who was handing out the trophy. As soon as Hamilton took that plate the crowd was cheering.

Yeah this makes sense, Hamilton's been a popular champ so far. 

Yes I'm sure Aussies know Arnold for his political career and not something else... 

Haha just seen what Button said in the post race interview. "I actually had a race - some dude drove in the side of me.... yes but he was behind me that was the amazing thing, how gutted is he". :D

We Australians like to boo our politicians, which is strange considering he's very popular according to the polls. I also think a lot of the Vettel boos are going away considering the cheers that came when he missed Q3 last year.

Vettrl being booed in Australia is just a normal thing. Sad, but what can you do?

AMS97KRR said:
Vettel being booed in Australia is just a normal thing. Sad, but what can you do?
Have him lose to Ricciardo and then give him a meat pie to munch on while drinking a tinny of vb....

It's a pity about that race and the randomness of retirements.. I'm hoping some of these upgrade tokens might improve things for everyone behind mercedes..

Yes I'm sure Aussies know Arnold for his political career and not something else... 
It wasn't Arnold who handed out the plate to Lewis though. IIRC.

It wasn't Arnold who handed out the plate to Lewis though. IIRC.
I see, sorry my mistake. I thought you were referring to the Governator 

the best bit about that race was seeing blingboy with his massive gold chunky ghettoboy chain lol and that hair omg, is it just me or does he get whiter every day? and when will his voice break? pmsl I love him really tho, hope he wins all the races this year :-) peace/out

the best bit about that race was seeing blingboy with his massive gold chunky ghettoboy chain lol and that hair omg, is it just me or does he get whiter every day? and when will his voice break? pmsl I love him really tho, hope he wins all the races this year :-) peace/out

Always funny to see a hipster criticise others for their style.

@goldencolt why does it bother you so much what I think? lol I remember you slating a guy on here for supporting Vettel just because his username reflected he was a fan, and each time I see your pics, banner etc it makes me laugh because I know how low your double standards go.. have a nice day now :-) and don't forget to flag my posts,,,,good boy.

@goldencolt why does it bother you so much what I think? lol I remember you slating a guy on here for supporting Vettel just because his username reflected he was a fan, and each time I see your pics, banner etc it makes me laugh because I know how low your double standards go.. have a nice day now :-) and don't forget to flag my posts,,,,good boy.

Honestly I don't care about this crap.

But could you at least remove that massive damn video in your sig!

Tar