Jump to content

TYRE SIZE INCORRECT

Recommended Posts

@Faya @jennyannem 
As you can see, the tyre size is incorrect again. The best T-cam setup is used compared to real life . Can we get the original tyre size finally? They look like blocks on the car every year. 

image1846.thumb.png.63604c2fdbb96ccda24f5d5d5b305a99.png

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 8
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, TomskiPl said:

Imo the reason is different camera setting.

No - as you can see it's the same compared to real life. The tyre size is incorrect. It's a fact.

Edited by FIE
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you increase field of view, position will be the same, but tyres will be smaller.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lolly pop lights not visible during a pitstop, where races are won and lost,

Silverstone GP pole position on the grid, start lights not visible, again where races are won and lost,

However the biggest issue is the tyres look the wrong size wilst watching a replay :classic_rolleyes:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I noticed too when I saw the first gameplay with the Renault in Bahrain. The tyres are way too large at the front making them look out of place. This exact same issue was in F1 2017 as well before they fixed it for 2018 so don't expect it to be fixed through patches but a whole new game.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bigget issue as is the SHINE

Tyre in game has far to much shine on the outer top surface and its still not fixed just look compared to real life, totally matt on top surface, only the sidewalls are shiny 

(Also they didn't even get the carbon fibre effect on the Ferrari halo they just made it gloss black)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Maybe it's because of the missing "Fish Lense Effect" in TCam? (Irl that "Fish Lense Effect" distorts the outer sides of the footage making objects appear smaller in size.)

 

If this is not the case, the tyres surely are sized incorrectly and that wouldn't be the first time in CM's history.

 

 

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Maybe it's because of the missing "Fish Lense Effect" in TCam? (Irl that "Fish Lense Effect" distorts the outer sides of the footage making objects appear smaller in size.)

 

If this is not the case, the tyres surely are sized incorrectly and that wouldn't be the first time in CM's history.

 

 

"Fish eye" distortion filters do not make objects proportionally larger or smaller, They simply, as the name says, distort the image. Here is how it looks like with a small bit of "Fish eye" effect, tyre still too large though:

Unbenannt-1.thumb.jpg.4c79cf844f56c923809687a3639c0874.jpg

Edited by MrGhostO1O
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need scan cars, that tires looks ugly compared to real life. Maybe we need some outside comparsion if its really bigger or if its just fov stretched effect

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is definitely an FOV thing going on, because I am watching career mode gameplay of Aarava and the tires are not nearly that big in the video. In fact, they look just like F1 2018 tires.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AScott said:

Lolly pop lights not visible during a pitstop, where races are won and lost,

Silverstone GP pole position on the grid, start lights not visible, again where races are won and lost,

However the biggest issue is the tyres look the wrong size wilst watching a replay :classic_rolleyes:

I'm with you but...what's the point to see the lolly pop lights when it's all automatic in the pitlana? It's such an annoying thing...wish we could get rid of it!

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be one of the last things that gets fixed. There will be 200 other things more urgent to fix once the game goes live to public, like every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alastre said:

I'm with you but...what's the point to see the lolly pop lights when it's all automatic in the pitlana? It's such an annoying thing...wish we could get rid of it!

You can turn auto pit realise off,

But to be able to actually drive through like Project Cras 2, like most feature needed theirs just not enough interest on the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AScott said:

You can turn auto pit realise off,

But to be able to actually drive through like Project Cras 2, like most feature needed theirs just not enough interest on the forum.

Yup of course you can, but as you said you won't be able to drive through the pitlane...it's such a stupid thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alastre said:

Yup of course you can, but as you said you won't be able to drive through the pitlane...it's such a stupid thing.

I hear ya and feel excalty the same, start a thread to petition for manual pit entry, mybe if theirs enough interest 2020 well be lucky, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally this has never been something that has bothered me. I’ve started off F1 2019 by doing a full F2 championship before doing the career mode and thought I’d briefly jump into time trial to have a go with the 2019 cars and only now did I realise how big and blocky the tyres in the game are. I know F2 tyres are smaller and since I’ve been staring at them for most of my time on this game atm the difference is probably enhanced. This is also just a minor problem with no real reason for a fix now as there are bigger issues to fix first but hopefully next year the tyres are more realistic and less Minecraft blocky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Faya Don't forget this topic. Tyre size is incorrect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2019 at 8:45 AM, FIE said:

@Faya @jennyannem 
As you can see, the tyre size is incorrect again. The best T-cam setup is used compared to real life . Can we get the original tyre size finally? They look like blocks on the car every year. 

image1846.thumb.png.63604c2fdbb96ccda24f5d5d5b305a99.png

 

those two sides are not proportioned to each other. The tire looks bigger in the right because everything else including the car looks bigger on the right side. The left side tire looks smaller because everything including the car looks smaller in the left. Thats called being in proportion.

Edited by kevinkirk
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The visual aspect of the tires are spot on. Images that are broadcasted will look smaller that normale. FYI visual aspect in graphical rendering is done to replicate. In Turn, using the T-Cam as your main view point will make the tires look smaller.     

Edited by Striker_703

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at mirrors for example.Game is stretched because of FOV.They could add real fisheye T-CAM and it will looks correct.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Neomo said:

Look at mirrors for example.Game is stretched because of FOV.They could add real fisheye T-CAM and it will looks correct.

Hope they do add the Fish Lense Effect as a Option (on/off switch).

 

People have complained about not being able to 100% accurately replicate the real life Broadcast camera angle for years.

 

Would improve TV immersion drastically.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Faya Talk to the team please to add fish lense effects to have a real onboard camera view aspecially the right tyre size.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

The visual aspect of the tires are spot on. Images that are broadcasted will look smaller that normale. FYI visual aspect in graphical rendering is done to replicate. In Turn, using the T-Cam as your main view point will make the tires look smaller.     

Well... uhm... 

that stupid visible line in the center is still bothering me. It's way to visible where it should be almost invisble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Hope they do add the Fish Lense Effect as a Option (on/off switch).

 

People have complained about not being able to 100% accurately replicate the real life Broadcast camera angle for years.

 

Would improve TV immersion drastically.

 

 

Imho this is the problem.If someone here work with photo editor you can take a picture from game and add that fisheye effect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×