F1 2019 A disaster.

Can someone please link a source to Nico Rosbergs Vlog where he shared his opinion about F1 2019?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

If Nico Rosberg said the handling is unrealistic, I would take his word for it, because he is an ex F1 world champion with very technical knowledge about the physics of the sport. Also, the idea that code master vehicle handling is really based on the realistic physics of the 2019 spec car, given it is not a sim, is quite ridiculous. In my opinion, code masters handling and braking are simply made up to imitate the real thing.    

So would you take Nico's thoughts over Dani Ric's? Didn't Codies release a video of Ricci playing it and he liked it? Then again Lando laughed at it. Oh who to trust! Think this is where you say, "I'll just make my own decision as to whether I like it or not."

• Agree 1

This games great, an improvement on 2018 which I enjoyed. On the point that the f2 implementation being a gimmick, I sort of agree on the front that it's too short and quite inconsequential, however I'd recommend  (as I'm doing) a full F2 championship in free play mode, and then starting the career scenarios in your second season. This will allow you to immerse yourself in the rookie role quite nicely.

Haters' gonna hate, whatever codemasters produces.

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

This games great, an improvement on 2018 which I enjoyed. On the point that the f2 implementation being a gimmick, I sort of agree on the front that it's too short and quite inconsequential, however I'd recommend  (as I'm doing) a full F2 championship in free play mode, and then starting the career scenarios in your second season. This will allow you to immerse yourself in the rookie role quite nicely.

Haters' gonna hate, whatever codemasters produces.

I agree I was thinking of doing an F2 season before I started career mostly to get a feel for how they handle before I take on the scenario's. Not sure which F2 team I'll do yet but most likely one of the bigger ones

There's the problem, you complain about it, but still buy, reward CM for it.

Do you think they are interested in your opinion? Who are you that CM should be interested? You buy, so you are satisfied!

They see the sales figures (which contain your purchase) and are happy about the money.

If you want to set an example then don't reward CM with your money anymore, otherwise what you are doing is a waste of time.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

13 hours ago, Koekenbakker28 said:

The market for a licensed f1 sim game is simply not big enough. They need the casual audience to get the money in...

I agree with you have said, but I yet think that CodeMasters should make a game more stimulated and by consequence you can enable assists and have a casual game, arcade. Don't have secret, so could have two parallels in a same game... Because create a simulator game is the challenge, but turns this in Arcade is very, very easy, and good.

13 hours ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

In my opinion, code masters handling and braking are simply made up to imitate the real thing.    

Well yes. 

simulation | sɪmjuːˈleɪʃ(ə)n | noun [mass noun] imitation of a situation or process

• Haha 4

oh you fan boys are hilarious. Lets back track and talk about all the mumble you guys are saying.

1) Each year codes are given to certain people, youtubers ect. Its not that hard to play the game if you know one of them. 

2) Nico Rosberg has his own youtube channel.  Google it. The vlog i speak of was uploaded on Jun 22, 2019

3) I could care less what Daniel is saying about the game. He is a current formula 1 driver. Its in his contract to speak of anything Formula 1 related as if was the best thing he ever saw in his entire natural born life. 

4) Press: Garbage. They say the same fairy tales since F1 2010. Its a sales technique so the gullible fall into the hype.

5) I don't intend to buy this game full price nor have i pre-ordered it. 

6) You can't do a full Formula 2 season in F1 2019. So if you intend to. Keep dreaming. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

Well yes. 

simulation | sɪmjuːˈleɪʃ(ə)n | noun [mass noun] imitation of a situation or process

In order to simulate something. You must have accurate compelling data to actually have something to simulate on. Not based on a hunch a sim racer who has not driven a Formula car of any kind in a very long time or even been an official driver for an actual season in F1. What David Greco "thinks" is right or real does not exactly mean realism in any way shape or form. Its only what he "thinks" based on nothing more then a vague past experience he had many years ago on a car that is a very different beast to what we have now. Sorry thats not even close to realism. 

Edited by Zombie
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Zombie said:

oh you fan boys are hilarious. Lets back track and talk about all the mumble you guys are saying.

1) Each year codes are given to certain people, youtubers ect. Its not that hard to play the game if you know one of them. 

2) Nico Rosberg has his own youtube channel.  Google it. The vlog i speak of was uploaded on Jun 22, 2019

3) I could care less what Daniel is saying about the game. He is a current formula 1 driver. Its in his contract to speak of anything Formula 1 related as if was the best thing he ever saw in his entire natural born life. 

4) Press: Garbage. They say the same fairy tales since F1 2010. Its a sales technique so the gullible fall into the hype.

6) You can't do a full Formula 2 season in F1 2019. So if you intend to. Keep dreaming. 

You can compete in the F2 championship. In championship mode, no dreams necessary.

Also it's ok to like the game, it's also ok not to. But in calling it a disaster  (which it clearly isn't by any definition) you open yourself up to criticism. If by questioning your statement of 'fact' and enjoying the game makes one a fan boy, then by similar logic, are you not just a troll?

If you still looking for it 

• Thanks 1

Yes, the game could be better. F2 could have more importance in career mode. They could even add F3 like moto gp game has Moto3. But guys, we can't ignore that this game is a step in the right direction, maybe a big one because it has a lot of cool features:

1) For years we dreamed of having driver transfers and now we have them. Could the system be better? Yes, it could but at least we have them now

2) F2. To be honest I was expecting to race in F2 in career mode and that I'd really had to earn my seat in F1. We didn't get the hole cake but we get a peace and we can play the F2 season in championship mode anyway. 

3)  Multiplayer. Here's where we have a real revolution. We can make our own leagues inside the game. We have CUSTOMIZABLE LIVERIES so we can kinda represent our own teams and we can compete in multiplayer in F2. A lot of leagues have promotion and relegation so I can imagine that lower categories can use the F2 cars. 

Of course I expect a lot more of the game like career mode where some tracks can be removed or added, or even a manager mode. But we did get a lot of cool new things for this game. Thanks for coming to my TED talk (? 

8 minutes ago, Neomo said:

If you still looking for it 

Is this the same guy who said that Vettel deserved the penalty? I'm not interested in his opinion in any topics

8 hours ago, Zombie said:

3) Lando Norris is a current F1 driver too..

6) Championship mode.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:17 PM, LEWISt17KIMI said:

If Nico Rosberg said the handling is unrealistic, I would take his word for it, because he is an ex F1 world champion with very technical knowledge about the physics of the sport. Also, the idea that code master vehicle handling is really based on the realistic physics of the 2019 spec car, given it is not a sim, is quite ridiculous. In my opinion, code masters handling and braking are simply made up to imitate the real thing.    

I don't know what Nico said or didn't say, all I know is that the CM F1 games reflect a certain aspect of F1 better than others. Remember that how the game is setup, and what equipment you use to play it also make it a different experience. We know that crash physics are simplified for licensing reasons, we know that tyre modelling is not as complex as, say, Rfactor. What they try to do is capture the tactics and experience of the whole event, and make it fun. It is what it is, and I know that a lot of the younger F1 drivers love it! It is still a challenging game with all assists off, to be really good you have to put the hours in. Some of the esport winners have had a go at a genuine F1 simulator at the teams HQ, maybe contact them on youTube and ask them what that's like compared to the games. I for one prefer a good game over something so realistic that only highly trained F1 drivers can get anywhere with, because I am too old to be bothered to master an actual F1 car.

What niggles I have with CM come down to polish.... polishing netcode, and bugs. Or adding in features we kind of expect, like licensed wheels supporting all their features (still no multi-function switch support?) etc. I would love a more complex game in terms of the physicality, but making and releasing cross-platform, mass-market games, within the time frame like they do, there are always compromises.

All he said is, it’s a bit unrealistic but a lot of fun. We don’t know which point he refers to. Is it the turn in, where so many guys have complaints or the acceleration or maybe a real F1 is much more unstable....

As long as we didn’t drove a real F1 car we can’t compare. That’s why i am wondering every time people talk about realism. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

All he said is, it’s a bit unrealistic but a lot of fun. We don’t know which point he refers to. Is it the turn in, where so many guys have complaints or the acceleration or maybe a real F1 is much more unstable....

As long as we didn’t drove a real F1 car we can’t compare. That’s why i am wondering every time people talk about realism. 

One thing I think we can all agree on right now, is that the races you have in the game are more exciting than the races in real life so far this season... 😉

Edited by mumblesh
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

I think he's referring to the point that driving an f1 car in a sim is nowhere near as great as driving an f1 car in real life. 

I think it was Hamilton who said that the the official sim at the Mercedes factory was not much better than a PlayStation game, Raikonnen was not particularly impressed by AC and Nicki Thiim said that Pcars 2 was arcade. 

Edited by Schwartzwelder
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Think it's time that all the tracks were laser scanned. ( guessing it would be expensive) but it does let the f1 series down many corners haven't been updated since 2010.. the bus stop at spa, Turn 9 Canada should be no grass (just kerb and wall) inside of turn 9 Silverstone no kerb (should be) Just before old start finish straight.

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 1:12 PM, DANDREWTHOMSON said:

Think it's time that all the tracks were laser scanned. ( guessing it would be expensive) but it does let the f1 series down many corners haven't been updated since 2010.. the bus stop at spa, Turn 9 Canada should be no grass (just kerb and wall) inside of turn 9 Silverstone no kerb (should be) Just before old start finish straight.

You're right about that. We can close our eyes to a lot of things, but without laser scanning the game loses its definition of "simulator".

Especially after the games from Kunos, where laser scanning has become the norm and can't be otherwise. But people aren't happy with the lack of a career at ACC. People will always be dissatisfied with something. :classic_smile:

Edited by RNoctua

Regarding the tracks: Granted, a few are really good quality, cannot deny that. In fact, I'd say most tracks are acceptable. But I have no idea how Codemasters can be happy with the current version of Spa.

When you play a laser-scanned version and then try it in a Codies F1 game, it feels like you are learning a different track in some parts - the corner geometry some radii are quite far outside the margin of error IMO.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

If they could bring back some of the 2013 content classic tracks, 80's cars etc that are not in the current game. With a few extra classic tracks like pre 2002 Hockenheim, the drying line from 2012 after a rain shower, a reworked safety car that actually works and deploys properly, and to make an actual effort to release the game in a working state instead of waiting weeks for a patch. At that point I'd say it's the best game ever. It's getting better bit by bit Maybe in a few years what I've mentioned might happen but I don't hold out much hope.       

Edited by Chromatic

1 hour ago, ajmcspursfan said:

Personally I really enjoy the game 🙂 think it's the best yet.

Agree, I have not been happy with the prior years and only put 12 hours on the 17 and 18 versions. Now that there is full fanatec V2 formula rim functionality and I can also use simvibe I am enjoying my few hours immensely so far.