F1 2019 A disaster.

1 hour ago, F1Aussie said:

Agree, I have not been happy with the prior years and only put 12 hours on the 17 and 18 versions. Now that there is full fanatec V2 formula rim functionality and I can also use simvibe I am enjoying my few hours immensely so far.

I actually enjoyed 2017 and 2018 as well, but that's the good thing about playing games is that we are all different and enjoy different aspects 🙂

• Agree 1

On 6/24/2019 at 12:17 PM, LEWISt17KIMI said:

If Nico Rosberg said the handling is unrealistic, I would take his word for it, because he is an ex F1 world champion with very technical knowledge about the physics of the sport. Also, the idea that code master vehicle handling is really based on the realistic physics of the 2019 spec car, given it is not a sim, is quite ridiculous. In my opinion, code masters handling and braking are simply made up to imitate the real thing.    

Kimi R also mentioned it, yes, he was on the pad, but, I am sure his reaction would add some color if he was in a proper rig. 

Gents, there is a lot of money in this game. A lot. Not only from Codemasters but a lot of effort and resources to develop this game for its ecosystem. With the rise of eSports, it’s becoming even larger with providing a platform for opportunities for the very engaged people reading and expressing their concerns on this forum. 

Codemasters took the deal to be the Official eSports F1 platform, but yet, they are making decisions not to support it indirectly. Wheel nerfing,   t-cam, assets, and yadda yadda. We don’t know the terms of the deal, but it seems as though, they are trying to balance between a sim-platform and a platform to address the masses. Not everyone can afford a wheel, but it’s the eSports hopefuls and league racers are pulling our hair out and asking, why?!, really!?!, and are you kidding me!?!

i believe codemasters are at a pivotal moment to either continue to support eSports or drop out for another developer to take over. Again, and I had mentioned this before on this forum and actually corresponded with Codemasters, CEO, Frank Sagnier, because the Rise of eSports, CM’s Sole F1 License Rights, Official F1 eSports Platform and the potential financial partnership/advertising ecosystem  ...the current Seasonal buying business model doesn’t support the game. It needs to be a “subscription model” to financially continue to support this game. What I mean is, the games current resources will eventually taper off to focuses on the newest release. They virtually start over each and every release. They find new challenges each and every release. Then, and when they get finish addressing the major bug fixes, those resources get allocated to the newest release. As the eSports community demands more, Codemasters will either get dropped, or they would have to make major changes to continue to be a player that is serious to support it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/23/2019 at 6:01 PM, ZombieWAR said:

F1 2019. The worst rushed Codemasters game yet. The way the car handles the worst yet and the most unrealistic we have ever had. Like Nico Rosberg said in his youtube vlog "unrealistic" and after trying it out i agree with him. Your so called sim racer in charge is a joke. Unrealistic race weekends. A Ferrari driver doing a special race weekend on a old Williams for example. Never going to happen in real life. Relive Senna and Prost! With no actual moments to relive from that era. Or even a classic track to relive a moment in that era. Stupidity at its finest. What a gimmick. Formula 2! another gimmick, no matter how well or bad you do in the game you will advance to Formula 1 regardless. Formula 2=waste of time.  The only thing i can say is that the graphics are looking okayish. Even then a regular xbox one struggles.  Congratulations Codemasters. Dont know how you manage to make a game worst each year.  i'll buy the game when i can find it used for 5 bucks. All its worth in my eyes.  

Post the link where Nico comments on this game - thanks! 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, ajmcspursfan said:

The handling for me really feels good and suits my style 

What sort of wheel do you have? Console or PC?

11 hours ago, ajmcspursfan said:

I actually enjoyed 2017 and 2018 as well, but that's the good thing about playing games is that we are all different and enjoy different aspects 🙂

Yes, I agree

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ShelbyUSA said:

What sort of wheel do you have? Console or PC?

Can't afford/no room for a wheel. Just on the pad, suits me perfectly 🙂 

29 minutes ago, ajmcspursfan said:

Can't afford/no room for a wheel. Just on the pad, suits me perfectly 🙂 

You can’t feel in a pad. Oh God. 

3 hours ago, ShelbyUSA said:

You can’t feel in a pad. Oh God. 

For me, personally, it suits me. I get a real feel for the car but for others it won't suit 

• Agree 1

On 6/26/2019 at 1:10 AM, Zombie said:

In order to simulate something. You must have accurate compelling data to actually have something to simulate on. Not based on a hunch a sim racer who has not driven a Formula car of any kind in a very long time or even been an official driver for an actual season in F1. What David Greco "thinks" is right or real does not exactly mean realism in any way shape or form. Its only what he "thinks" based on nothing more then a vague past experience he had many years ago on a car that is a very different beast to what we have now. Sorry thats not even close to realism. 

Totally agreed with this. If there is to be any improvement with regards to handling, David Greco needs to do some serious research by using a real-life up to date F1 simulator. The last time I checked, F1 or F2 cars don't have traction control when they are straightened up at very low speeds. This occurs while the traction control is turned off in the game.

1 hour ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

Totally agreed with this. If there is to be any improvement with regards to handling, David Greco needs to do some serious research by using a real-life up to date F1 simulator. The last time I checked, F1 or F2 cars don't have traction control when they are straightened up at very low speeds. This occurs while the traction control is turned off in the game.

Who knows if he has done some? We don't know if he has tried rFPro for example.

I disagree with the graphics, though you can argue you are right that it has got better every year, it is only 2019 that the graphics has been acceptable without terrible graining, though PS4s version did start out with bad fps dropping that they had to sort out, which patching has mostly fixed bar the odd track like Singapore practice can be sluggish. Its taken them a very long time to get a smoother playing game.