F1 2019 A disaster.

1 hour ago, F1Aussie said:

Agree, I have not been happy with the prior years and only put 12 hours on the 17 and 18 versions. Now that there is full fanatec V2 formula rim functionality and I can also use simvibe I am enjoying my few hours immensely so far.

I actually enjoyed 2017 and 2018 as well, but that's the good thing about playing games is that we are all different and enjoy different aspects ūüôā

• Agree 2

On 6/24/2019 at 12:17 PM, LEWISt17KIMI said:

If Nico Rosberg said the handling is unrealistic, I would take his word for it, because he is an ex F1 world champion with very technical knowledge about the physics of the sport. Also, the idea that code master vehicle handling is really based on the realistic physics of the 2019 spec car, given it is not a sim, is quite ridiculous. In my opinion, code masters handling and braking are simply made up to imitate the real thing.    

Kimi R also mentioned it, yes, he was on the pad, but, I am sure his reaction would add some color if he was in a proper rig. 

Gents, there is a lot of money in this game. A lot. Not only from Codemasters but a lot of effort and resources to develop this game for its ecosystem. With the rise of eSports, it’s becoming even larger with providing a platform for opportunities for the very engaged people reading and expressing their concerns on this forum. 

Codemasters took the deal to be the Official eSports F1 platform, but yet, they are making decisions not to support it indirectly. Wheel nerfing,   t-cam, assets, and yadda yadda. We don’t know the terms of the deal, but it seems as though, they are trying to balance between a sim-platform and a platform to address the masses. Not everyone can afford a wheel, but it’s the eSports hopefuls and league racers are pulling our hair out and asking, why?!, really!?!, and are you kidding me!?!

i believe codemasters are at a pivotal moment to either continue to support eSports or drop out for another developer to take over. Again, and I had mentioned this before on this forum and actually corresponded with Codemasters, CEO, Frank Sagnier, because the Rise of eSports, CM‚Äôs Sole F1 License Rights, Official F1 eSports Platform and the potential financial partnership/advertising ecosystem ¬†...the current Seasonal buying business model doesn‚Äôt support the game. It needs to be a ‚Äúsubscription model‚Ä̬†to financially¬†continue to support this game. What I mean is, the games current resources will eventually taper off to focuses on the newest release. They virtually start over each and every release. They find new challenges each and every release. Then, and when they get finish addressing the major bug fixes, those resources get allocated to the newest¬†release. As the eSports community demands more, Codemasters will either get dropped, or they would have to make major changes to continue to be a player that is serious to support it.¬†

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

On 6/23/2019 at 6:01 PM, ZombieWAR said:

F1 2019. The worst rushed Codemasters game yet. The way the car handles the worst yet and the most unrealistic we have ever had. Like Nico Rosberg said in his youtube vlog "unrealistic" and after trying it out i agree with him. Your so called sim racer in charge is a joke. Unrealistic race weekends. A Ferrari driver doing a special race weekend on a old Williams for example. Never going to happen in real life. Relive Senna and Prost! With no actual moments to relive from that era. Or even a classic track to relive a moment in that era. Stupidity at its finest. What a gimmick. Formula 2! another gimmick, no matter how well or bad you do in the game you will advance to Formula 1 regardless. Formula 2=waste of time.  The only thing i can say is that the graphics are looking okayish. Even then a regular xbox one struggles.  Congratulations Codemasters. Dont know how you manage to make a game worst each year.  i'll buy the game when i can find it used for 5 bucks. All its worth in my eyes.  

Post the link where Nico comments on this game - thanks! 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, ajmcspursfan said:

The handling for me really feels good and suits my style 

What sort of wheel do you have? Console or PC?

11 hours ago, ajmcspursfan said:

I actually enjoyed 2017 and 2018 as well, but that's the good thing about playing games is that we are all different and enjoy different aspects ūüôā

Yes, I agree

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ShelbyUSA said:

What sort of wheel do you have? Console or PC?

Can't afford/no room for a wheel. Just on the pad, suits me perfectly ūüôā¬†

29 minutes ago, ajmcspursfan said:

Can't afford/no room for a wheel. Just on the pad, suits me perfectly ūüôā¬†

You can’t feel in a pad. Oh God. 

3 hours ago, ShelbyUSA said:

You can’t feel in a pad. Oh God. 

For me, personally, it suits me. I get a real feel for the car but for others it won't suit 

• Agree 1

On 6/26/2019 at 1:10 AM, Zombie said:

In order to simulate something. You must have accurate compelling data to actually have something to simulate on. Not based on a hunch a sim racer who has not driven a Formula car of any kind in a very long time or even been an official driver for an actual season in F1. What David Greco "thinks" is right or real does not exactly mean realism in any way shape or form. Its only what he "thinks" based on nothing more then a vague past experience he had many years ago on a car that is a very different beast to what we have now. Sorry thats not even close to realism. 

Totally agreed with this. If there is to be any improvement with regards to handling, David Greco needs to do some serious research by using a real-life up to date F1 simulator. The last time I checked, F1 or F2 cars don't have traction control when they are straightened up at very low speeds. This occurs while the traction control is turned off in the game.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

Totally agreed with this. If there is to be any improvement with regards to handling, David Greco needs to do some serious research by using a real-life up to date F1 simulator. The last time I checked, F1 or F2 cars don't have traction control when they are straightened up at very low speeds. This occurs while the traction control is turned off in the game.

Who knows if he has done some? We don't know if he has tried rFPro for example.

I disagree with the graphics, though you can argue you are right that it has got better every year, it is only 2019 that the graphics has been acceptable without terrible graining, though PS4s version did start out with bad fps dropping that they had to sort out, which patching has mostly fixed bar the odd track like Singapore practice can be sluggish. Its taken them a very long time to get a smoother playing game.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:10 AM, Zombie said:

In order to simulate something. You must have accurate compelling data to actually have something to simulate on. Not based on a hunch a sim racer who has not driven a Formula car of any kind in a very long time or even been an official driver for an actual season in F1. What David Greco "thinks" is right or real does not exactly mean realism in any way shape or form. Its only what he "thinks" based on nothing more then a vague past experience he had many years ago on a car that is a very different beast to what we have now. Sorry thats not even close to realism. 

Codemasters officially replied on the topic of car performance / team performance / driver performance:

No changes will be made, meaning cars will be naturally too slow in downforce demanding corners compared to real life, Racing Point will be too strong whilst McLaren will be too weak etc., Gasly will be too fast and Ricciardo will keep on underperfoming etc.

Disappointing, as it does not take too much time to alter the database, only testing needs to be thorough and might become a little bit time consuming, but that is no excuse because as a matter of fact Codemasters are paid professionals, so they should be able to work efficiently and fix these issues in no time.

Sadly, as usual, they have abandoned F1 2019 and are only fixing gamebreaking issues that stop the game to work out of the box, anything else seems to be considered "TLDR" or rather "we don't care" / "we don't have enough time and $$$", or the worst possibility yet: "we don't want to admit our errors".

Time to move on.

#MakeF1GamesGreatAgain 

#VoteWithYourWallet 

Edited by SturmDesTodes
  • Agree 2

They are not 'currently looking at' it. So they may have already looked and decided that each teams performance is acceptable to them and if we don't like it, we can change it in career.

Is there a data file on steam with editable team and driver performance tables?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FRACTURED said:

They are not 'currently looking at' it. So they may have already looked and decided that each teams performance is acceptable to them and if we don't like it, we can change it in career.

Is there a data file on steam with editable team and driver performance tables?

One reason for this outrageous decision by Codemasters could be r&d and driver transfers.

Why?

Because...

...due to r&d in career mode the cars eventually become several seconds faster than real life with a decently upgraded branch, but that doesn't negate the fact that the cars, in their natural state without any upgrades applied and or rather the spec default cars in other game modes, are too slow compared to real life in highspeed sections.

...team performance does not to be fixed due to r&d too.

...driver performance is basically predetermining who is gonna be transfered in career mode.

All in all, the choice Codemasters took was the easy way out and kinda lazy.

Now the customers have to come out on the short end with yet another abandoned F1 title.

Only modders can bring a little bit of balance to the force, but it's, as mentioned already, outrageous that these modders are doing the job that Codemasters' paid professionals were supposed to do.

Guess some things never change.

Also according to my mate, who is a amateur hobby modder, he needed to use a external program to access the data gamefiles and from there on he altered the database and created a script which was then build into a mod, apparently it was done without Steam on Linux.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
  • Thanks 1

Not for anything and in direct contravention to the tenor of this post, and having had each F1 Codemasters's game since 2015, this is the BEST F1 game Codemasters have produced to date, minor niggles notwithstanding, and I'm sure F1 2020 will be even bigger and better with not one, but TWO new track! Yikes - can't wait! 

• Agree 1

On 8/26/2019 at 4:20 PM, ajmcspursfan said:

Yeah I have to admit from a gaming perspective I think I prefer 17 and 18 over what I've experienced in 19 but I think if they had kept the AI levels from 17 and 18 in 19 I think the game would have turned out better. At least from my point of view

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Not for anything and in direct contravention to the tenor of this post, and having had each F1 Codemasters's game since 2015, this is the BEST F1 game Codemasters have produced to date, minor niggles notwithstanding, and I'm sure F1 2020 will be even bigger and better with not one, but TWO new track! Yikes - can't wait! 

you're ridiculous 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

23 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Fake review. ūüĎÜūüŹľ

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

If it's so bad of a game. Then why has a F1 esports pro moved to driving a real  Formula Renault car. And drove a real GT4 car and placed 3rd. So tell me why it's so bad? The driver from Toro Rosso Esports Cem Bolukbasi. Look him up! 

And he had only a week in a real car. And came from racing Codemaster F1 game. I look at sim racing by how many get from the sim to a real car. That's what we need to base our review of a sim on. I don't care if it's pc or ps4. 

Cem Bolukbasi Set To Debut In Formula Renault Eurocup

October 4, 2019

He’s one of the most well-known figures in the F1 Esports Pro Series. He’s a rising star in his native Turkey. And now, Cem Bolukbasi is set to add another impressive feat to his increasingly-polished racing career, with a first opportunity to drive a real life single seater…

The penultimate round of the 2019 Formula Renault Europcup championship sees the series head to Hockenheim. Over the weekend of October 4-6, the teams and drivers will navigate the historic circuit, which rather fittingly forms part of the next F1 Esports Series live event. So while the Pro Series competitors of 2019 will be practicing on F1 2019, the official F1 game by Codemasters, Bolukbasi will be driving the real thing.

BLURRED LINES

Formula Renault Europcup has existed, under various names, since 1991. In those (near) three decades, dozens of eventual Formula 1 drivers have cut their teeth in the ultra-competitive discipline. Felipe Massa, Valtteri Bottas, Pierre Gasly and Lando Norris are but a few of the graduates, and now, Bolukbasi further blurs the lines between virtual and reality.

It‚Äôs far from Bolukbasi‚Äôs first venture into real world track driving. Earlier in 2019, he made his debut in the GT4 European Series at Paul Ricard. Weeks later, he added a class podium to his CV in Misano. He‚Äôs participated in karting in the past too ‚Äď but Formula Renault represents his first proper foray into single seaters.

Edited by rgvin
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, rgvin said:

If it's so bad of a game. Then why has a F1 esports pro moved to driving a real  Formula Renault car. And drove a real GT4 car and placed 3rd. So tell me why it's so bad? The driver from Toro Rosso Esports Cem Bolukbasi. Look him up! 

And he had only a week in a real car. And came from racing Codemaster F1 game. I look at sim racing by how many get from the sim to a real car. That's what we need to base our review of a sim on. I don't care if it's pc or ps4. 

Cem Bolukbasi Set To Debut In Formula Renault Eurocup

October 4, 2019

He’s one of the most well-known figures in the F1 Esports Pro Series. He’s a rising star in his native Turkey. And now, Cem Bolukbasi is set to add another impressive feat to his increasingly-polished racing career, with a first opportunity to drive a real life single seater…

The penultimate round of the 2019 Formula Renault Europcup championship sees the series head to Hockenheim. Over the weekend of October 4-6, the teams and drivers will navigate the historic circuit, which rather fittingly forms part of the next F1 Esports Series live event. So while the Pro Series competitors of 2019 will be practicing on F1 2019, the official F1 game by Codemasters, Bolukbasi will be driving the real thing.

BLURRED LINES

Formula Renault Europcup has existed, under various names, since 1991. In those (near) three decades, dozens of eventual Formula 1 drivers have cut their teeth in the ultra-competitive discipline. Felipe Massa, Valtteri Bottas, Pierre Gasly and Lando Norris are but a few of the graduates, and now, Bolukbasi further blurs the lines between virtual and reality.

It‚Äôs far from Bolukbasi‚Äôs first venture into real world track driving. Earlier in 2019, he made his debut in the GT4 European Series at Paul Ricard. Weeks later, he added a class podium to his CV in Misano. He‚Äôs participated in karting in the past too ‚Äď but Formula Renault represents his first proper foray into single seaters.

man,¬†to say that the game is a simulator is like saying that the chickens fly. Bolukbasi¬†he will have had a real simulator at his disposal and at least 2 weeks if not more than physical training and why not even psychological to get where he arrived today. The esport was just a springboard. the rest will have done with the help of the real Formula Renault team. but I can assure you that the game is not at all similar to reality just a springboard.¬†good luck to him ūüôā

Edited by advanceapple
  • Agree 3