DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

F1 2019 A disaster.

25 minutes ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Indeed whilst I wouldn't say the games bad as I think some of the graphics in particular the night lighting and things like that is some of the best I've ever seen in the F1 games as it now looks like the floodlights around the track in places like Abu Dhabi and Bahrain look like they genuinely are lighting the track up  a lot like the stadium lights do in the Fifa games whereas whilst the night lighting before whilst looked OK it felt more like it was coming from an invisible source. There are definitely areas that need improvement though the AI being the most obvious one as I still feel they need to get the AI to around the same area difficulty wise of the previous games 2017 and 18. Because for me 2019 is definitely lagging behind those 2. Id it wasn't for the driver transfers to help spice things up based on what I've experienced of 2019 I'm not sure I'd be touching it much at all given outside of that and the improved graphics it's pretty much identical. Especially as I've not been playing the F1 games much these days. I have to admit I can't see myself being hyped for 20 given it was only the driver transfer admission that in the end convinced me to get 19 because before that I was on the fence and almost said no to this years game

Actually 2019 is worse not identical, as they stripped out the online championship mode and added a league mode where weather, time of day and saving between sessions are non existent. They gave PC and PS4 players keyboard button binding support but not xbox, and they go driver transfers way off and have only taken until now to fix it, but not fully.

2018 was actually superior 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Actually 2019 is worse not identical, as they stripped out the online championship mode and added a league mode where weather, time of day and saving between sessions are non existent. They gave PC and PS4 players keyboard button binding support but not xbox, and they go driver transfers way off and have only taken until now to fix it, but not fully.

2018 was actually superior 

From my point of view it's kind o fsimilar but I don' tactually play online just single player. But from an offline  single player point of view it is very similar.

• Agree 1

I would love to see if this game is really a disaster. And here's my question to someone well-informed: when will the demo be available on PS4? I'm not going to buy the game, I'm okay driving in F1 2018. But I'd love to see changes in the menu, graphics and performance on the console.

The next part of F1 that I will buy will be on Playstation 5 in about 3-4 years. However, it does not hurt to keep an eye on :).

2 hours ago, eMc0B said:

I would love to see if this game is really a disaster. And here's my question to someone well-informed: when will the demo be available on PS4? I'm not going to buy the game, I'm okay driving in F1 2018. But I'd love to see changes in the menu, graphics and performance on the console.

The next part of F1 that I will buy will be on Playstation 5 in about 3-4 years. However, it does not hurt to keep an eye on :).

never!!

No, I think it's a matter of time :classic_rolleyes:. The Sony store has a demo for F1 2016, 2017 and 2018. I think it's enough to be patient. I'm just curious when.

4 hours ago, eMc0B said:

No, I think it's a matter of time :classic_rolleyes:. The Sony store has a demo for F1 2016, 2017 and 2018. I think it's enough to be patient. I'm just curious when.

Yesterday. 

Wow! Fast! Download in progress - 56GB. I will gladly see if complaints are justified. At least no one can say that now does not know what they are buying.

edit: I must say that in technical terms the game looks really good. There is no screen tearing. It works smoothly on the basic version of the PS4. The graphics are smooth, nice lighting. Nice font, cosmetic graphic effects in the menu. I also like the sound of the engines and the feeling of driving. Pleasant FFB operating immediately in the right way, without setting. I have a better sense of car weight.

If I had to judge the game after the demo there is no tragedy.

Edited by eMc0B

Holy **** coming from iracing and assetto corsa and project cars.... This is the worst feeling driving sim I have ever felt.   Using top of the line stuff too. fanatec dd1 podium v3 pedals and a top end pc.  I cannot get a feel for the car it feels like I'm driving a boat.  Sluggish.. does not have a good feel.  In glad I only spent 10 dollars.  Really guys get your responsiveness up.  This is way off the mark.

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2019 at 12:34 AM, mceci1 said:

You are lying. Do you know how myself and just about any other person on this forum can tell. The game isn't even open to the public yet. If you need to use Nico Rosberg, the person who hasn't driven an F1 car in 3 years, that's not a good argument. Rosberg is in no place to critique code masters about handling of the game when he hasn't even driven the 2019 spec car. He should leave that to the current active drivers if he wants to be taken seriously.

Dude you have no clue what your talking about ...not one iota.  Anyone... I mean anyone that gets to drive in f1 is the very pinnacle of their craft and should be taken seriously when it comes to anything related in the sport.  Youre also talking about someone who's won a bloody championship.  Just because they don't drive currently does not mean hes"in no place to critique the game".  Youre way off the mark.

• Agree 1

On 10/28/2019 at 4:47 PM, eMc0B said:

Wow! Fast! Download in progress - 56GB. I will gladly see if complaints are justified. At least no one can say that now does not know what they are buying.

edit: I must say that in technical terms the game looks really good. There is no screen tearing. It works smoothly on the basic version of the PS4. The graphics are smooth, nice lighting. Nice font, cosmetic graphic effects in the menu. I also like the sound of the engines and the feeling of driving. Pleasant FFB operating immediately in the right way, without setting. I have a better sense of car weight.

If I had to judge the game after the demo there is no tragedy.

I liked the demo so much that I purchased the game! Not only that, but it was 70% off retail price on the PS Store. 
Still have to finish 2017 before I move onto 2019 though so I am binge playing 2017 to complete the season, 6 races down, 14 to go.

• Disagree 1

On 10/28/2019 at 3:12 AM, scottishwildcat said:

Yesterday. 

the votes of the newspapers were bought

• Thanks 1