F1 2019 A disaster.

Posted (edited)

F1 2019. The worst rushed Codemasters game yet. The way the car handles the worst yet and the most unrealistic we have ever had. Like Nico Rosberg said in his youtube vlog "unrealistic" and after trying it out i agree with him. Your so called sim racer in charge is a joke. Unrealistic race weekends. A Ferrari driver doing a special race weekend on a old Williams for example. Never going to happen in real life. Relive Senna and Prost! With no actual moments to relive from that era. Or even a classic track to relive a moment in that era. Stupidity at its finest. What a gimmick. Formula 2! another gimmick, no matter how well or bad you do in the game you will advance to Formula 1 regardless. Formula 2=waste of time.  The only thing i can say is that the graphics are looking okayish. Even then a regular xbox one struggles.  Congratulations Codemasters. Dont know how you manage to make a game worst each year.  i'll buy the game when i can find it used for 5 bucks. All its worth in my eyes.  

Edited by ZombieWAR
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 17

30 minutes ago, ZombieWAR said:

F1 2019. The worst rushed Codemasters game yet. The way the car handles the worst yet and the most unrealistic we have ever had. Like Nico Rosberg said in his youtube vlog "unrealistic" and after trying it out i agree with him. Your so called sim racer in charge is a joke. Unrealistic race weekends. A Ferrari driver doing a special race weekend on a old Williams for example. Never going to happen in real life. Relive Senna and Prost! With no actual moments to relive from that era. Or even a classic track to relive a moment in that era. Stupidity at its finest. What a gimmick. Formula 2! another gimmick, no matter how well or bad you do in the game you will advance to Formula 1 regardless. Formula 2=waste of time.  The only thing i can say is that the graphics are looking okayish. Even then a regular xbox one struggles.  Congratulations Codemasters. Dont know how you manage to make a game worst each year.  i'll buy the game when i can find it used for 5 bucks. All its worth in my eyes.  

So you did all this trial without playing the game? Because in the end you say that you will only buy when it is for 5 dollars, so I can conclude that you did not buy and also did not play? Learn that this is a game, impossible to portray 100% reality, I agree that many things can improve, but to say that the game is worse without even having played is at least a great mimimi.

• Agree 6

Posted (edited)

I dont own the game. I wont buy the game unless its 5 bucks. Yes i got a hold of the game for quite sometime thanks to someone like i mentioned in the original post. My review is based on that time i had with it. I do realize its a game. And that's exactly why F1 2019 completely sucks. Its catered to resemble Mario Kart and it handles like a jet ski. Its unrealistic. What we need is a sim like most serious members here have been asking since F1 2010. This game is a joke. 

Edited by ZombieWAR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 5

Posted (edited)

Why on earth would you buy it at all if you think it's that bad? Just gives them more incentive to keep doing what they're doing -- Codemasters don't care what you paid for your copy, only how many it sold.

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Well thats my entire dilemma wildcat. If there was another company making a fully licensed F1 game featuring all tracks, cars and drivers of a Formula 1 season. I would go buy that instead of this ****. Sadly Codecrappers is all we have. And i still love Formula 1. So this is all we have. And its horrible. 

Edited by ZombieWAR
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 2

1) If you want to play a racing sim, a true racing sim, then iracing is the way to go if you have the financial means to play it. Codemasters' F1 game series has never been an actual sim even if they advertise it. If you have been here for a bit longer than 2 years then you should have already known that by now. It is a balance between competitive and casual playstyle. They try to deliver the closest handling that they can, however, it is not always perfect. When was a game ever perfect? There are always going to be some who like the handling and some who don't. Wether it is realistic or not is, if anyone, up to Lando Norris to decide and not Rosberg. He is a gamer and a current F1 driver for McLaren. Nico has not been in an F1 car of the current regulations at all, so unless he had a private drive session with Mercedes or some other team I wonder how he would know. Take my advice: Stop expecting realism in terms of handling from Codemasters' F1 games. A game can never be as realistic as a real car it can only be as close as it can, period.

2) I agree with you that the Legends Edition could have used some recreations of events of the past and not just some altered challenges that already existed in the game before. The content from that edition is poor but for "only" 10€ more what do you expect? Classic tracks would be nice but I don't think they will add them in the near future if they already struggle to recreate the new pit-entry/exit of the french gp with the resources they have.

3) Regarding drivers from one team driving cars from another: Why should contract and PR restricitons be a thing in a videogame? Should a game not be about doing what you, the player, wants to do? If someone wants to name himself Mick Schumacher and driver a McLaren classic then why should he not? I see no harm in that in a game. That is what it is for.

4) Formula 2 is something that many people wanted. Although I would have enjoyed a whole integrated career season(s), we should be thankful that we have the whole grid and cars for both career, solo and online. It is not a major addition for the F1 career but it is not a waste of time. It introduces your rivals who will follow you through your career. It gives the whole thing a bit of life and emotions which in my opinion was lacking in the previous titles.

5) The graphics improve from year to year. Compare this game with F1 2015, which at that time was a great improvement to 2014 and its older engine, and you will see how far it has come. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though, so even though to you they look "okayish", to me they look solid.

To conclude all this: I think that you have things on your mind that would only harm the game more than it would help. That "realism" you look for only restricts the players who ultimately want the freedom to do what they want. The handling will never be realistic, but if you want handling that comes very close to real cars then I suggest you to play iracing.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

Posted (edited)

1) The day iracing has a fully working Formula 1 section. I'll be first to go back to iracing. Sadly they dont even have the license to produce a full season. So no. 

2) Nico continues to be a part of Formula 1 behind the scenes. Personally i would take the word of a seasoned veteran then a first time rookie like Lando Norris who is currently a driver and is paid to talk gold about F1 the game regardless if he may think its a bad game personally. 

3) Very simple. Because in Formula 1 you will never see a driver on another team's car. Specially in a game that claims its trying to emulate what we see on TV. 

4) F2 something even i wanted. Sadly the way it was implemented is a gimmick because it does not affect you at all. Win or loose. You are going to F1. What's the point of even doing it? It rewards you nothing.

5) Graphics are ok. The first Project Cars by Slightly mad still looks better.  

Edited by ZombieWAR
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 6

You cannot judge a book by its cover. You have to actually read the whole book before giving your final say about it.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, ffigueir said:

You cannot judge a book by its cover. You have to actually read the whole book before giving your final say about it.

Indeed I never judge a game bfeoer giving it a try. I can certainly see myself getting 2019 at some point as I like the sound of the new features but with the fact I do have career modes on the go on the other games I want to finish at least 1 o r2 of those first. I'm hoping to work on doing some of it over the next few days and weeks but we'll see.

• Agree 1

You're literally a liar if you say the game is getting worse each year. 

You are lying. Do you know how myself and just about any other person on this forum can tell. The game isn't even open to the public yet. If you need to use Nico Rosberg, the person who hasn't driven an F1 car in 3 years, that's not a good argument. Rosberg is in no place to critique code masters about handling of the game when he hasn't even driven the 2019 spec car. He should leave that to the current active drivers if he wants to be taken seriously.

• Disagree 1

iRacing with its graphics from the 18th century is the real gimmick. Only to get the rights to drive rookie Mazda, you must pay a fortune buying many tracks before being able to get out of the rookies caliber...I want your money and I will get it...

Codemaster's F1 game is improving each year and get closer to a real sim without emptying your pocket....

A big downside of the game for me is the choice to drive the car sitting on top of it (T-Cam) which is really unrealistic. At least, in iRacing, you have no choice but to drive sitting in your car, with cockpit cam.

Codemaster's  should have regrets about permitting T-Cam but it's too late to remove that option because the so called quick drivers playing eSport, all drive this way because it's much easier to see blind corners and then be fast overall.

• Disagree 1

39 minutes ago, Bobino12 said:

iRacing with its graphics from the 18th century is the real gimmick. Only to get the rights to drive rookie Mazda, you must pay a fortune buying many tracks before being able to get out of the rookies caliber...I want your money and I will get it...

Codemaster's F1 game is improving each year and get closer to a real sim without emptying your pocket....

A big downside of the game for me is the choice to drive the car sitting on top of it (T-Cam) which is really unrealistic. At least, in iRacing, you have no choice but to drive sitting in your car, with cockpit cam.

Codemaster's  should have regrets about permitting T-Cam but it's too late to remove that option because the so called quick drivers playing eSport, all drive this way because it's much easier to see blind corners and then be fast overall.

Iracing isn't terrible, but unless you can pay its no good. I have it and I like the features such as mirrors falling of or grass being flicked up in large pieces at Daytona for example if you spin

As much as I would like more realism in certain aspects, I know CM always attempt to make a mass-market game. And one that is possible with the technology available, across all formats, at the time.

Nitpicking about little things that are simply designed to spice up the repetition year on year is harsh. Really anal simmers are never gonna be happy, they only want HARD (which equals realistic to most of em) and that won't sell in the numbers to justify paying for this licence.

I simply play it as a game, and if I'm having fun I'm fine with it.

That being said, they do look to have not taken full advantage of what the Senna, Prost licence had to offer. Bit of a shame.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

I'm gonna play it regardless cuz it's a good franchise. Sure iracing can be a bit expensive to play every car at every track, but iracing is meant for the hard at heart players who actually want to improve lap times and perhaps translate their performance into a real car. The graphics are always getting better imo. You say that the original xbox one cant handle the graphics very well, then stop buying other games and save up that money to get a one x or one s. Or play it on oc for all I care.

F2 wasn't utilized very well. We all wanted a full season out of it. But the title is "F1 2019" not FIA Formula 2019. Its the first time they're putting it in the game with a storyline to go with it. Just wait til next year to gripe about it. If it sucks next year then complain about it.

Iracing doesn't have seasons cuz it's meant to be a multiplayer-based platform.

I was a bit underwhelmed when I heard that the Senna v Prost experience is just a few invitational events. I wish that they added classic tracks as well for the SvP (Senna v Prost) events. But you know what, be glad that we're getting legendary drivers as playable characters in the game.

All in all, just wait. a few months to complain like a baby about not having it a true sim game. If you want sim racing career mode with graphics of simulation, then figure it out on your own. Not everyone has experienced it yet, and with this thread you're hurting CM profits to make a better version next year.

• Agree 1

Well the first official reviews are released and the press says it is the best F1 experience ever, even the good 2018 version was topped by little but smart changes…cannot be too bad

I will wait still a bit, but will buy it for sure

• Haha 2

Ok.  I have played for 3 days.  

I love it.

f2 is really really fun and competitive.  

Senna Prost could have been better - Too quick and easy.

classic cars a bit loose, but play with the diff and it dials it out to an extent.  

Im happy. 

1 hour ago, svensenk86 said:

Well the first official reviews are released and the press says it is the best F1 experience ever, even the good 2018 version was topped by little but smart changes…cannot be too bad

Those pre-release reviews are ridiculous.
The reviews were always very positive in recent years but the multiplayer mode was always a wreck. Are the Servers even up yet?

1 hour ago, svensenk86 said:

Never believe the press reviews. They unfortunately lost their integrity as not few can easily be bought. Now I am not accusing CM of buying reviews but I generally like to experience the game for myself before I judge it.

• Agree 2

Never believe the press reviews. They unfortunately lost their integrity as not few can easily be bought. Now I am not accusing CM of buying reviews but I generally like to experience the game for myself before I judge it

yes, I am with you there, it is just a little indicator this official reviews. Just wanted to mention this as a side note 😉 I am also judging by myself afterwards, user feedback is the real stuff anyway 😉

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Bobino12 said:

In fairness CM have designed their games to be the FIFA to F1 games I think which means they have to appeal to casual fans as well as the sim racers that's for me why things like T-cam are in besides I use T-cam myself simply because it's a lot easier to see what's up the road. I'd say so far they've done a pretty decent job but I can't speak for 2019 yet as I've not playedit and it likel ywill be a while before I get a chance to. But with F2 an driver transfers in the game it's likely only a matter of time before I do try it.

I'm just going to add this. Been playing this game since it's inception in 2010. 

There is little point railing about the injustices. Either bring constructive criticism or don't moan. Actually vote with your wallet and don't buy the game if you don't like to, you're not over a barrel.

I came to this conclusion after getting a bit fed up with it myself. It has only ever been worth it to play in multiplayer for me and there have been years (2012, 2013 & 2015) where the game has been broken beyond all usefulness and I've still battled on. At least 2013 was mostly fixed online.

2016, 2017 and 2018 have all seen incremental improvements without really fixing the fundamentals. 2019 is likely the same.

I have preordered because I'd rather race and fortunately F1 still attacts enough numbers to give me opponents I can at least compete with. Racing AI is boring, but it looks like they've tried with the story a bit. I'm glad F2 is included and I'm glad we are promised the update to F2 2019 and we will be able to use it in multiplayer. Hopefully it is fixed by Christmas. If there are race weekend scenario events to participate in, it's good for a bit of fun.

I don't expect a working game out of the box.

I don't expect the safety car to ever work properly. Cut detection will be poor but not as bad as the penalty system.

I'm hopeful they've improved the netcode, which looks possible. If the ranked lobbies are improved, this would also be a bonus.

Career mode....well you'll probably get corrupt saves if you start before next Easter. I don't care.

I also hope that there is no regression with old bugs coming back and that the setups are at least a little bit more realistic.

This is the reality. I will be in a social race on Friday evening, I have no doubt. It may well be chaos!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ZombieWAR said:

Well thats my entire dilemma wildcat. If there was another company making a fully licensed F1 game featuring all tracks, cars and drivers of a Formula 1 season. I would go buy that instead of this ****. Sadly Codecrappers is all we have. And i still love Formula 1. So this is all we have. And its horrible. 

The market for a licensed f1 sim game is simply not big enough. They need the casual audience to get the money in...

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, mceci1 said:

You are lying. Do you know how myself and just about any other person on this forum can tell. The game isn't even open to the public yet. If you need to use Nico Rosberg, the person who hasn't driven an F1 car in 3 years, that's not a good argument. Rosberg is in no place to critique code masters about handling of the game when he hasn't even driven the 2019 spec car. He should leave that to the current active drivers if he wants to be taken seriously.

If Nico Rosberg said the handling is unrealistic, I would take his word for it, because he is an ex F1 world champion with very technical knowledge about the physics of the sport. Also, the idea that code master vehicle handling is really based on the realistic physics of the 2019 spec car, given it is not a sim, is quite ridiculous. In my opinion, code masters handling and braking are simply made up to imitate the real thing.    

Edited by LEWISt17KIMI
  • Agree 5