Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AI in WRX

Hi CM.

this is not a complaint, but maybe a rant light.

I love the WRX part of the game, and was happy that S2 would build on that.

BUT the AI part, that must be fixed!

I know it's a very intense sport, with adrenalinefilled close driving, and dirty takeovers. And in real WRX fishtailing and pushing opponents out do happen.

But here in the game, Im more surprised when it doesnt happend.

As I have just started a new carrer, due to the new add ons, Im just more and more frustraded. 

I never use the try again button in WRC, because if I do a mistanke, it's me. And thats how rally is.

But when driving WRX I have no choice. Q1 I got a good grid position, and ended 1st in my group, 5 total. But now after starting Q2, I have been pushed out eight times in a row, before the second turn.

And I tried to play hardball back, but the car infront of me didnt even flinch.

I really hope your looking into this, to give the cars more awareness of the surrounding, and give them consequenses when crashing aswell.

I think the AI has been improved quite a lot compared to D4 and DR1. 

Though it can be much more improved. 

- Some parts the AI is to strong, f.e. the hairpins at Barcelona
- Some parts the AI is to weak, f.e. turn 8 at Hell
- Some parts the AI is taking real strange lines, f.e. a turns 6,7,8 at Mettet. They take that wide lines which normally you cant take with that speed, but the AI seem to be on a rail there, with an unrealistic high speed. 
- I have usually very good starts, but i still not have that trophy for the fastest start. it would be just a major guess if i ever would take that.
- The AI became much aggresiver and faster is DR2.0. Which i think is a good thing. But during quali rounds i think they should be a bit less aggresive, as it is more about time and less fighting for position.
- The AI looks to be weaker in the wet. Or I am just a better rain driver compared to the dry 😛

9 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

- Some parts the AI is to strong, f.e. the hairpins at Barcelona 

hehe this is actually the hairpin that made me write this post 🙂 but overall they drive to much like on rails, and with no awareness. 

But I love that they are aggressive, it's how the sport is

You're absolutely right about the AI being slower in the rain, I can beat them all easily in the rain when I'm struggling to get top 10 on the same difficulty in the dry