[PC] Braking in the wet with ABS

Just wondering if it's intentional that braking with ABS ON in the wet is a lot worse than with it OFF? In the dry there isn't much difference. But in the wet you must brake 20 metres before the optimal point to make the corner.

I'm a none assist user myself but I just wanted to let everyone know incase this is something that can be fixed before day one patch. Not everyone has the time to learn no assists.

4 hours ago, jordb_ said:

Not everyone has the time to learn no assists.

Yes, and those that do not have the time to practice, should equally be ready to face the consequence of being slower, else there is no incentive or reason in No Assists driving.

If at all, the "20 meters earlier" with ABS should also be the case in the drys, to keep it balanced out for both weather conditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Assists are only there to allow people with less skill/time/patience to play the game at a semi-acceptable level. You should not be faster nor any better on tyre wear with either of the assists. Slower definitely works for me. In proper sims (not mentioning any names) league administrators can add weight penalties for every assist level, which works well as a deterrent.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Yes, and those that do not have the time to practice, should equally be ready to face the consequence of being slower, else there is no incentive or reason in No Assists driving.

If at all, the "20 meters earlier" with ABS should also be the case in the drys, to keep it balanced out for both weather conditions.

I agree that there should be incentive to use no assists, but I think we should apprecaite we are playing a "plug and play" experience, I don't want to see 80% of the more casual audience leave because they are braking at the right place and going way too deep into the corner, more players enjoying the game is better for everyone.

Also all the top leagues/esports require no assists anyway so if you want to take the game seriously you must take them off!

It's a tricky debate this one to make everyone happy hehe :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jordb_ said:

I agree that there should be incentive to use no assists, but I think we should apprecaite we are playing a "plug and play" experience, I don't want to see 80% of the more casual audience leave because they are braking at the right place and going way too deep into the corner, more players enjoying the game is better for everyone.

Also all the top leagues/esports require no assists anyway so if you want to take the game seriously you must take them off!

It's a tricky debate this one to make everyone happy hehe 😛

agree.

Medium tc has been majorly nerfed too so much it's hilarious now. I won't be racing online anymore, and I know people who won't be either. Once the game fully releases this week, I think were going to find that once it settles down the casual people (the90%) who make up the buyers of the game will get fed up getting destroyed by no assist people online no remotely being competative  (when really these epode should be in hardcore leagues/lobbies if they are so good?)

So we will have a much less community than 2018 did

I was a TC and ABS user in 2017 until the 3rd season when my car was upgraded and was so OP I decided I turn assists off, starting with ABS. Wow!! What a difference! Firsr of all ABS off was no problem I just dialed down the brake pressure until I mastered the art of braking hard depending on speed then slowly releasing the pedal as I slowed down. That was the only skill I needed and it was awesome to see some lock up now and then. Then came TC and I learned the same skill as TC but in reverse. When leaving a corner don't stomp on the gas instead 'wind it up'. By this I mean smoothly depress pedal (or finger on controller lol) until you are firmly planted facing the straight then gas it.

TC off is also much easier to learn when you watch some real life hot laps and see how much higher gears the drivers use to let them apply gas earlier without spinning. 

When I got 2018 it was no assists from the start except this time I configured my clutch pedal as the brake and learned left foot braking. Wow again! Only took a few hours and I was better than I ever was the old method of one foot for both pedals. 

I'm no superman I'm almost 56 years old but know that to become good at anything you need patience and accept there will be a slow phase before a fast phase. 

Plus anyone who says they don't have time to learn something in life, whether game or any skill, are avoiding the obvious. They don't MAKE time. Everyone has time especially you kids below 30 lol. You will happily race 3 or 4 hours online every night without hesitation. Well, forget having to be the first to play the new game. Instead start a career with ai on 0 (yes zero!) and turn assists off. Just do it for a week and tell your buddies what you're doing , they might want to join you and do the same once they see how much faster you are when you return! Ai 0 will soon become 10 then 20 then 50 then eventually better thsn when you used assists. Without assists I can beat ai on 85/90 but with them 70 was my max. 

Lif is not short, take the time to become good at whatever you do and life is so much more fun! 

You will ALWAYS have time to learn a new skill. You just have to temporarily stop another activity while you learn. Maybe this ol guy will go online after all now I know I won't get schooled by people half my age, or a third my age lol. 

Anyone else out there my age group or even older? Anyone fancy a veterans league lol. 

I don't also believe that the 90% casuals will give up after finding assists are slowing them down. I reckon there will be a trend to turn them off and you will see more YouTube videos helping you out. 

Good luck to everyone who crosses over to the no assists side, you won't regret it I'm sure! Finally you feel all that power waiting to be tamed and unleashed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Mik2232 said:

agree.

Medium tc has been majorly nerfed too so much it's hilarious now. I won't be racing online anymore, and I know people who won't be either. Once the game fully releases this week, I think were going to find that once it settles down the casual people (the90%) who make up the buyers of the game will get fed up getting destroyed by no assist people online no remotely being competative  (when really these epode should be in hardcore leagues/lobbies if they are so good?)

So we will have a much less community than 2018 did

Good riddance, at least we'll have fewer trolls, pests and griefers online this way.

It feels as if most who deliberately took out or crashed into others, due to not having enough experience, were assisted drivers aynways.

This will seperate the wheat from the chaff, as those that truly want to drive clean, fair and become better drivers will continue regardless of how assists will be balanced.

To be fair assisted users can still create their own leagues and have fun, and if your assumption of "90%" assisted players was true, there will not be an issue to find those at all.

So either embrace it and practice to become better or open your own leagues or private lobbies for assisted players.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

45 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Good riddance, at least we'll have fewer trolls, pests and griefers online this way

That's an unfair broad assumption on all players.

Also why would you be in the normal unranked lobbies if you are such a good no assist player? surely you would be in a league or in ranked races? Or is the cheap easy win the draw against the slower assisted players?

Anyways I was just in a race with players with no assists watching them ram each other off the road so it looks like it won't stop any of that happening anyway

4 hours ago, Cappachino78 said:

Braking in the wet should be much earlier than in dry, assist or no-assist on.

Obviously it's earlier in the dry, but to confirm I engaged the brakes at the optimal wet marker (not dry marker), the difference is light and day between ABS on and off.

Hey Sloppy, I’m the same age as you, 55. I would be interested in some type of old farts league. :classic_tongue:

Yep, definitely something is off with braking on wet tires. I turned on all assist to check, if this can help somehow but no. I start braking on yellow marker but can't decelerate at all before corner. On the other hand, everything seems alright on dry tires. Someone from CM need to check this.