Sign in to follow this  

FOM really to blame??

There has been a lot of good ideas on this forum. But lots of them seem to be not allowed down to licensing and cm not be allowed to do them.  These such things are driver changes, custom numbers, realistic damage, sponsors on helmets, custom livery etc. There's been a lot of stick going towards codemasters but are they doing there best with what they got? Could we have a list of some sort that states what cm can and can't do please, so we know. 

I'm sure like most licensing deals, they're bound by confidentiality agreements. So it's unlikely we'll ever know exactly what CM have been told they can or can't do.

It certainly feels that way but unless someone else takes over the licence it will be impossible to know.

Well, you can take a look at older F1 games and see what content they had, but I'm sure Codemasters themselves decide not to implement functions.

Yes licensing/FOM is just a convenient excuse. Next thing they'll try and claim they cant go back to "live the life" because FOM will sue them for illegally impersonating F1 personnel

The career mode in F1 Championship Edition had the same problems (no driver or number changes, no helmet sponsors, original driver's name/flag on player's car/suit), so I'm afraid it's true...