Cant Connect to Online Services [ZX]

Question

I have been getting the same message when I try and connect with the online services (attached image). But when I go to Time Trial I can see all the leaderboards and my time gets uploaded when I do a lap as well.

Please HELP!

IMG_20190625_112751.jpg

17 answers to this question

@Faya still awaiting a fix for this. With league racing fast approaching, this is really gonna hamper my experience on this game. I'm not a career mode player, I do 99 percent of my racing online. Could you please expedite the matter a bit

Hi there and thanks for posting,

I’m going to check out the error code, in the mean time though, can you let me know what platform you’re on, please?

19 minutes ago, Faya said:

I’m going to check out the error code, in the mean time though, can you let me know what platform you’re on, please?

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I am on PS4

11 hours ago, Faya said:

Any news on what is causing this?

Still awaiting to know what the problem is. It connected somehow yesterday just once and I did a few online lobbies. But when I tried again at night and today in the morning I was getting the same issue.

A few people from my league wanted to race last night but when I accept the invite it tries to go online and gives me the same error as the one above.

Hi @oogiee, thanks for your patience while I had this investigated. Could you try removing the < and > from your Steam name for me for the moment, please? I believe the team is looking at a fix for this and I'll update you when I know more. Many thanks!

45 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi @oogiee, thanks for your patience while I had this investigated. Could you try removing the < and > from your Steam name for me for the moment, please? I believe the team is looking at a fix for this and I'll update you when I know more. Many thanks!

I'm on PS4, not steam. PSN id is oogie_azeem. Let me know if the underscore needs removing?

Btw, I found a very crude fix to the problem... Close the application and watch something on Netflix on PS4 for 10-15 minutes. Open the F1 game again and somehow it connects. Interesting, right? 

Thanks for the response! Sorry, I forgot you were on PS4! 

So, possibly a strange question, are you connecting via a dev account at all? 

Im guessing you meant developer account. That would be a no

Hi @oogiee, Sorry! I did mean a developer account. Thanks for letting me know! Let me go and poke the team again for you. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have this same problem on PC. Haven't been able to access multiplayer since 21/07. So i guess there goes this weekends league race.

Screenshot (35).png

Edited by Darthearljones

You can solve that issue by removing the < and > from your Steam name for the moment or else you can contact the support team of that product as well.

I am on PS4 and have had the same issues. I played online on release day with no issues at all and had not played the game again until July 30th, and have had the same issues ever since. I have been unable to find a fix and there are no error codes just a simply “Online Services Error” and “failed to connect to online services.”

I have the same problem on my ps4. Wi-fi works and all other games I can do online, but for some reason everytime I want to do do online races, it tells me "can not connect to online services" with error code 1008:H

Any advice please? I'm busy losing valuable points on my league races.

Hi,

We had a scheduled maintenance period this morning where our online services were unavailable for a short period. These should all be up and running again now.

Thanks.