About Dirt Rally 2.0 liveries

Hello everyone,

Dirt Rally 2.0 is an excellent game but most of the liveries are very ugly. Except for one or two cars, they totally lack creativity. I speak naturally for PS4 and Xbox One because PC players can create skins. I want players who create mods for PC game, to be able to make them available to other players, including PS4 and Xbox One players. I think a lot of players passionate about Dirt Rally 2.0 are hoping for this.

peugeot_208_t16_r5_belgique_princen_kaspers_brc16_16022540800000001.jpg

316c5bdff62b83fa0f1f96a9f45289001e57cc34.jpg

e0983bd9-642c-432d-a691-4bf3917feec3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 6/25/2019 at 10:49 AM, PhilVhee said:

Dirt Rally 2.0 is an excellent game but most of the liveries are very ugly.

Agree. Especially those few which comes with the game...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, mesa said:

Agree. Especially those few which comes with the game...

Yes ! Please Mr Codemasters do something to remedy this. Give us some liveries inspired by reality or allow players who create mods for PC game, to share them with PS4 and Xbox One players.

Yes, no creativity and ugly which are added and a lot of plain ones with just one color. F.e. the Focus from the 2000's class only has one normal fictionally livery. All the other are just plain colors.

I can udnerstand it has to do with licensing if go for real liveries, but come on, good realistic looking fictional liveries can be made easily without licensing issues i think. I can't understand that the sponsors who are on the cars won't be happy they are on a dull simple looking plaine livery with some logos who have a very bad contrast. DiRT 4 and DR1 was much better in fictional liveries extra liveries. Also creating a livery doesn't take to much time. In a work day I can easily make a couple some simple but good looking liveries. This will also help the partner logos who maybe invested in the game. 

So the Focus has 5 'liveries', well actually one (which is the same as from DiRT4, but than with VP Racing logos this time)
image.png.00193b335ee0aa63f23237229fc29c44.png

The other 4 are:
- Plain Black with a few Hella and Enkei logo's on it
- Plain 'denim' Blue with Red OZ Racing logo's. Can it be more ugly 🙄
- Plain Black
- Plain White

A game is also about creativity, but on the side of liveries, the game is pretty weak. As I said real liveries maybe has to do with licensing.
But com on I don't think OZ Racing will be happy to see their Bright red logo on a strange blue color. They maybe will think twice the next time if they want to be in the game again.

Here some simple Focus liveries examples, which won't cost to much time, but will give that extra, also to make screenshots and show Codemasters partners/sponsors like OZ better promotional. 

Little bit classic:
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Ford Focus liveryGerelateerde afbeelding

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Fiesta R5 livery

Or maybe something inspired based on the factory liveries. But with other colors and there won't be any licensing issues. 
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Focus WRC rally

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

i agree, dirt rally 2.0 is an amazing game, but please… fire the guy who made the liveries for this game!!! They are really, and i mean really ugly!.

Anyone can make beter liveries than those in the game.

Then i don't even talk yet about the 'deluxe +' liveries… OMG... 2 stripes with a D+... Again, please fire the guy / woman who made this liveries.

Its pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Have you seen the appalling liveries of the Ford Focus RS rally 2001 ? How they can do such ugly things ? Please Mr Codemasters do something !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1