F1 2019 weak breaking [ZX]

Question

playing with a wheel on PC with ABS enabled and the breaking feels incredibly weaker than 2018 you have to break way earlier than the ai to even make the corner which is especially bad on tracks such as China

5 answers to this question

This is possibly the most reported question at the moment on reddit, so I hope somebody from Codemasters confirms if it intentional or not.

I believe it was always longer with ABS than without it, so this year, they possibly increased the difference between on/off.

33 minutes ago, SmiX said:

This is possibly the most reported question at the moment on reddit, so I hope somebody from Codemasters confirms if it intentional or not.

Not Codies, but intentional. Of course they are open to hear you feedback though 🙂

The cars are at least 10kg heavier this year. Car plus driver without fuel minimum 743kg and up to 110kg of fuel.

Last year these were 733kg and 105kg respectively.

Try stopping 10kg from 200mph, it takes more braking power, but the brake spec is unchanged.

Posted (edited)

Hi all and thanks for posting! The original information the team had was based on some of the pre-season testing performance. Things have changed since then and we should be making an update to the handling (including the braking) at a point after launch. I’ll have confirmation of when that update should be at a later time. These changes should hopefully address some of the feedback that you give us during the games launch.

Edited by Faya
Totally didn't fix my broken spelling of the word braking, nope, totally didn't
  • Thanks 1

It's BRAKING you should all be shot :classic_biggrin:

....waiting for the media backlash.... @steviejay69 does not condone the shooting of Codemasters' staff or forum posters. Other opinions are valid.

• Like 1