Difficult settings

i've moved now from 5 seasons on f1 2017 (skipped at all f1 2018): no assists, except medium TC at 98....

tried almost 1 hour of 2019, i'm impressed how the cars handle very very different....so now, i'm struggling at 80....

i know i made a jump of 2 years but i am quite shocked by this difference.

anyone experienced this great difference?

thanks

I am on 92 AI - F1 2018 - with assits (as I use a pad) - tough driving with my Renault, second season, hard to make points, good level of contest, pretty realistic. This would mean I have to go down in 2019 I suggest?

I feel the game is harder. I play on PC with a PS4 pad, traction control and ABS. Used to play 2018 at 100, had to go down to 90 testing on grand prix mode. On the first race in career I was 0,5s slower than my teammate in qualify. During the race I got really lucky to overtake him using a different strategy, the AI drivers on an extra stop slowed him down while overtaking, other than that I would have finished behind him. Tonight I'll find out if I'll have to go below 90 on the second race of career.

BTW we need an update ASAP, Williams isn't always on the back of the grid, Racing Point is way better than real life, and on all my testing races Hamilton wasn't fast enough. On 2018 it was annoying how good Vettel was and how bad Hamilton was, comparing to real life. I hope this doesn't happen again because Hamilton was usually qualifying and racing at 4th position during my testings.

I’m happy to read comments from you guys, so this seems very harder this year. Moreover moving from 2017 obviously is far worse as the cars were totally different....I’ll try then a start at 80 and then move up during the season....more practice I think will help.

@sven: Ford sure try a gp mode with your previous settings and you’ll see immediately if it suits you

@sven: Ford sure try a gp mode with your previous settings and you’ll see immediately if it suits you

yes, when I read this I will start with aprox 80-85 AI level at the beginning and then see where I am in the grid

3 hours ago, CF86BR said:

I feel the game is harder. I play on PC with a PS4 pad, traction control and ABS. Used to play 2018 at 100, had to go down to 90 testing on grand prix mode. On the first race in career I was 0,5s slower than my teammate in qualify. During the race I got really lucky to overtake him using a different strategy, the AI drivers on an extra stop slowed him down while overtaking, other than that I would have finished behind him. Tonight I'll find out if I'll have to go below 90 on the second race of career.

BTW we need an update ASAP, Williams isn't always on the back of the grid, Racing Point is way better than real life, and on all my testing races Hamilton wasn't fast enough. On 2018 it was annoying how good Vettel was and how bad Hamilton was, comparing to real life. I hope this doesn't happen again because Hamilton was usually qualifying and racing at 4th position during my testings.

There is a patch incoming t o fix the car performance levels but I think everyone at CM is just busy dealing with the launch atm.

• Like 1

Do you know how to set the car performance to 'realistic' when creating a private multiplayer league or is that part of the patch?

Edited by Ruddo77
more details

6 hours ago, CF86BR said:

Yeah, I picked Williams in hope that I would be starting 19/20 most of the time and really having to fight my way up the grid, but I'm like the fastest car in a straight line. Seems as if Alfa might be the worst on track. It says Williams are but Alfa always come last for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrGnashtastik said:

Yeah, I picked Williams in hope that I would be starting 19/20 most of the time and really having to fight my way up the grid, but I'm like the fastest car in a straight line. Seems as if Alfa might be the worst on track. It says Williams are but Alfa always come last for me.

Wel in some sense you should still be relatively quick in a straight line considering Williams still use Mercedes engines I believe which is one of the best engines to have in a straight line to be fair but yeah when I do get around to starting a career on 2019 myself I'll likely be racing for Williams too as I don't want to see that team at the back as for me they deserve better than that given what they have done for the sport so I'll be trying to drag them back up as well and turn them back into a more competitive team.

just some update: done now australia at 50%. practice make perfect they said and well, moved quite easily to 90. enjoyed the race as it has given some different output....

in the end, we need (lets say at least me), practice!

the road to return to 98 is long, but i feel the car better and a good setup today make really the difference.

Im pretty much on the same as last year only done 1 race thow so not sure if its going to be like last year where you have to adjust the difficulty for a few of the tracks but 18 was on 9u for Australia medium tc anc this year same 96 medium tc qualified a few thousends of a sec to teammate 7th while perez started 8th I finished 5th where perez came 9th 7 sec ahead I think he got held up in pits not sure but for most tracks I ran 100 difficult in 18 so hoping to better that this year its just how quick you adjust to the new handling system but so far im on same pace as last year for the first race any ways