F1 2019 FFB settings? Share

Thrusmaster TS-XW Wheel

FFB- 46

Road effects - 30

Kerbs - 30

Offroad - 25

Wheel Damper - 25

I got to drive a Formula 1 car in real life around Silverstone (smaller National circuit loop) a couple years back as part of a press day at the track. Each person there got 3 laps, it was a 2012 lotus in Renault livery, and believe it or not this is the closest setting I've found.

The high FFB and strength people use in games is not there in real life as the cars have amazing power steering (most of the forces where on my head as the car turned corners)  The kerb vibration could be higher as in real life it almost shook my eyes out lol, but in the game it feels overboard when trying to control the car. 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

I got to drive a Formula 1 car in real life around Silverstone (smaller National circuit loop) last year as part of a press day at the track. Each person there got 3 laps, it was a 2012 lotus in Renault livery, and believe it or not this is the closest setting I've found.

The high FFB and strength people use in games is not there in real life as the cars have amazing power steering (most of the forces where on my head as the car turned corners)  The kerb vibration could be higher as in real life it almost shook my eyes out lol, but in the game it feels overboard when trying to control the car. 

That's awesome. Were they full powered cars? Did you get GoPro?

Anything like that is worth the time and money!  The only open wheel I have tracked was a day in Formula Mazda. No power anything though. The H shifter left my hand bloody and bruised for quite a while since I didnt elect to wear gloves the first two sessions. lol

Got to do 18 laps in a NASCAR several years ago at Texas Motor Speedway. That was interesting. Couldn't see a damn thing out of those cars.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

That's awesome. Were they full powered cars? Did you get GoPro?

Anything like that is worth the time and money!  The only open wheel I have tracked was a day in Formula Mazda. No power anything though. The H shifter left my hand bloody and bruised for quite a while since I didnt elect to wear gloves the first two sessions. lol

Got to do 18 laps in a NASCAR several years ago at Texas Motor Speedway. That was interesting. Couldn't see a damn thing out of those cars.

Nascar experience sounds epic! The press company I worked for used to have the GoPro footage on youtube I will need to see if its still up or not. 

Almost full power they said they kept the revs in the top end a few thousand short I believe max was 15,000 rpm they limited to 12,000 rpm saying that they did this for the longevity of the engine to save money. Day started in a fast road car to learn the track, then everybody moved to a lower formula car similar to Formula Mazda, everybody had to follow the instructor to learn the lines and braking points. Then in the afternoon everybody had to do the same thing in a Formula 3 car. 

Then last everybody got to try the F1 car. Yes its insane. When you put your foot down on the straight its scary how fast it is, you almost do NOT want to accelerate because of how fast it is lol. I know its going to annoy some people on here when I say this, especially the certain guy that seems to be on this forum every hour of the day complaining of assists. But they were actually pretty good to drive, much easier to drive than with no assist in the game! Most likely due to the fact you can. actually 'feel under you' what the car is doing. The accelerator pedal is not as 'deadly' as it is in the game for just instantly spinning the car lol.

I would recommend if anyone ever gets the spare money to try and experience day to go for it you won't regret it, there are quite a few companies doing it now, price is usually around $3-4k, not cheap though. 

Found this. This was part of the same press event, filmed by a famous YouTuber of his own experience

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TomAAA said:

I would recommend if anyone ever gets the spare money to try and experience day to go for it you won't regret it, there are quite a few companies doing it now, price is usually around $3-4k, not cheap though. 

Sounds like a blast! Yeah, things like that aren't cheap. I dont have kids, so rather than saving up for college, clothes etc for kids, I save up for tracks.lmao

NASCAR was an eye opener. I went in thinking I would hit 190 no problem. Lmao Ended up the fastest of the day and that was just under 160. How they drive bumper to bumper and door to door is pretty incredible.

F1 would be a whole new experience and after even 3 laps, I would bet your neck was pretty sore!

The most terrifying track experience I had was riding on the back of Jason Pridmore's (Reg's son) GSXR 1000 for 2 laps. It's always interesting riding/driving with world class people. You think you're fast until you quickly realize that simply isnt the case.lol

You're right on FFB. In general, a lot of people have it way too high. 

Regarding assists, I think let people drive how they want. However, it would be nice to have a no assists lobby.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

True, when you go around with a world class driver your eyes get opened wide then, its like they see lines or acceleration points you don't even comprehend lol. Assist comment wasn't aimed at you friend, I agree let everyone set the lobbies how they want. 

Track days become addictive though, you want that next adrenaline fix, but the games help while saving up for the next one haha

Agreed with sim racing. Tracks are too far and expensive, so this is the next best alternative.

One instructor,  while showing us the line in a CTS-V, started drifting balls out. Turns out he was in Formula D. Didn't have much respect for that discipline until that little adventure.lol

Have you done any other schools or have any others on your list? A prototype school would be really cool. Rally is on my short list, too. And now, apparently so is F1.LOL

Not done any other schools other than standard track day ones. I agree would love a Prototype one.

There is something a bit alien and crazy about prototypes, according to the things ive read about them they can be pushed much harder over a longer period of time, sounds crazy, but at the same time that must take serious commitment too 

16 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Not done any other schools other than standard track day ones. I agree would love a Prototype one.

There is something a bit alien and crazy about prototypes, according to the things ive read about them they can be pushed much harder over a longer period of time, sounds crazy, but at the same time that must take serious commitment too 

Yeah, I dont think they have to adhere to as many restrictions. Particularly the Porsche EVO. That thing obliterated every track record it saw.

Honestly I don't have a problem with people that use assist if it means they will give me a good race.  When you think about it, someone driving No Assists and they suck at it and are off the pace will not be enjoyable to race against.... but if you can race someone driving with assists on and they are within even 1/2 a second of your times then that is a remedy for some good racing.  I think too many people focus on whether assists or no assists when they should be focusing on getting better and faster understanding the track and the car and developing their driving style.

@TomAAA that must of been one hell of an experience and i agree with you @DaleRossi that save ya money for the track - No Kids HAHAHAHAHA

Edited by bluwaters

38 minutes ago, bluwaters said:

Honestly I don't have a problem with people that use assist if it means they will give me a good race.  When you think about it, someone driving No Assists and they suck at it and are off the pace will not be enjoyable to race against.... but if you can race someone driving with assists on and they are within even 1/2 a second of your times then that is a remedy for some good racing.  I think too many people focus on whether assists or no assists when they should be focusing on getting better and faster understanding the track and the car and developing their driving style.

@TomAAA that must of been one hell of an experience and i agree with you @DaleRossi that save ya money for the track - No Kids HAHAHAHAHA

Totally agree. Learning the tracks, apex, braking distance and above all racing without any flashbacks. So much fun and realistic

Returning this sort of back to topic. Does anyone have the new fanatec wheel or pedals? Is it worth going to over the the thrustmaster ts-pc/xw 

28 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Returning this sort of back to topic. Does anyone have the new fanatec wheel or pedals? Is it worth going to over the the thrustmaster ts-pc/xw 

I have a Fanatec CSL Elite F1 set for PS4 with load cell brakes (a game changer). Totally happy with that config.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Yes running the CS Elite with F1 V2. I can't speak for Thrustmaster...never owned one and never will (personal preference - esthetics)

I use 45, 60, 90, 90, 30, understeer enhance off and 360° on both my Thrustmaster T300 / T150.

Feels the best to me, sadly it is still not close to Assetto Corsa in terms of FFB on consoles.

4 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Clubsport 2.5 and clubsport 3 pedals, formula V2 wheel. It kicks ass. Just do it.lol

5 hours ago, TomAAA said:

I have the CSL elite + F1 2019 LE rim, incl. loadcell. Used to have a t300, which was great, but this is definitely quite a bit better. But so is the TS PC of course.

Whether it’s worth going for it is just really difficult for me to say, considering I don’t know your situation. I’d say you can expect to feel it as an upgrade, but don’t expect too big of a change. It’s certainly prettier though...

5 hours ago, philappleraily said:

I have a Fanatec CSL Elite F1 set for PS4 with load cell brakes (a game changer). Totally happy with that config.

Totally agree on the loadcell. It’s great. What’s your preferrer setup with the elastomer springs?

5 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Totally agree on the loadcell. It’s great. What’s your preferrer setup with the elastomer springs?

On the Fanatec setup, I set brake force to 30 and I use stock elastomer bushings of 65.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, philappleraily said:

On the Fanatec setup, I set brake force to 30 and I use stock elastomer bushings of 65.

I have it at 50 BF with the 65s. I tried the setup with the foam part initially, but I really hated the pedal travel with even the slightest pressure, so I removed it and replaced it with a single 85 bushing. It made a massive difference, definitely recommend trying it if you haven’t already.

23 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Thrusmaster TS-XW Wheel

FFB- 46

Road effects - 30

Kerbs - 30

Offroad - 25

Wheel Damper - 25

I got to drive a Formula 1 car in real life around Silverstone (smaller National circuit loop) a couple years back as part of a press day at the track. Each person there got 3 laps, it was a 2012 lotus in Renault livery, and believe it or not this is the closest setting I've found.

And drivers settings? Or you are on console?

2 hours ago, Neomo said:

And drivers settings? Or you are on console?

On console, Xbox. Wheel base on standard default settings

8 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

I have it at 50 BF with the 65s. I tried the setup with the foam part initially, but I really hated the pedal travel with even the slightest pressure, so I removed it and replaced it with a single 85 bushing. It made a massive difference, definitely recommend trying it if you haven’t already.

I don’t understand. You replace the yellow soft bushing with a single 85 bushing? How many bushings do you have?

I have 5 black 65 bushings and a yellow soft one? What about you? I find the travel of the pedal to short.

Just now, philappleraily said:

I don’t understand. You replace the yellow soft bushing with a single 85 bushing? How many bushings do you have?

I have 5 black 65 bushings and a yellow soft one? What about you? I find the travel of the pedal to short.

Correct, you can take out the soft yellow foam and replace it with a bushing with a higher value (since you only have 5 of each and you need 6 on your pedal). It will give the pedal a stiffer feel immediately, with the yellow foam you can push the pedal just by resting your foot against it, which I personally find annoying.

I would have think the contrary. You should have a stiffer feel and isn’t it more difficult to have a dégressive braking?

I have all 85s one 65 and in drivers set on 90. Feels good