F1 2019 FFB settings? Share

Currently running a TM TX with t3pa on XBOX

On F1 2018 i had the following setup, i copied that one over but still feel like i'm missing something. Feels too light to turn. Curious what over setups you guys n gals are using.

FFB 100

Road effects - 40

Kerbs - 30

Offroad - 30

Wheel weight - 35

Waz 

I'm interested as well. On my T300 the cars feel too light, more so than others. Just seems to be the F1 cars, F2 cars feel fine. 

• Agree 1

I took all damping away as the wheel was too heavy. My FFB settings are as follows (might tweak a touch, but it feels good) t300 ps4 pro.

Let me know what you think. With those settings I get good info and an immersive experience.

1561471942150-1286388453.jpg

• Like 1

For anyone using the G29, I asked David Greco for some tips for setting the Force Feedback and he got back to me. Here’s what he said... 

I use default FFB but 50% strength on the Logitech. Also, I use throttle linearity around 20% and 360 to 400 degrees rotation, depending on track. If it is too sensitive, use 400, otherwise 360 is a 1 to 1 ratio with the ingame wheel.”

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Does anyone know how to tune out the massive wheel soft lock or whatever it is, which prevents me from making proper sharp turns? The wheel becomes insanely heavy to turn around 90 degrees in either direction. Using CSW 2.5 and have set ingame FFB 50 and wheel FF to 50. Still way too much resistance.

47 minutes ago, deadmeat2k said:

Does anyone know how to tune out the massive wheel soft lock or whatever it is, which prevents me from making proper sharp turns? The wheel becomes insanely heavy to turn around 90 degrees in either direction. Using CSW 2.5 and have set ingame FFB 50 and wheel FF to 50. Still way too much resistance.

Have you taken wheel damping to zero? 

Anyone found good Fanatec settings? Clubsport rim and Formula V2 wheel, but any would be good. In afraid this is going to be like Dirt Rally 2.0 and take months to get FFB right. 

On 6/25/2019 at 8:08 PM, Cappachino78 said:

T300 F1 wheel

FFB 110

Road effects - 35

Kerbs - 50

Offroad - 55

Wheel weight - 35

What is your settings on windows? At 110 you must clipping like hell

1 hour ago, Neomo said:

What is your settings on windows? At 110 you must clipping like hell

I am on PS4 only, sorry 

have a really different setup now that like more

T300 F1 wheel PS4

FFB 55

Road effects - 12

Kerbs - 20

Offroad - 20

Wheel weight - 0

On 6/25/2019 at 4:13 PM, Rallystu2 said:

I took all damping away as the wheel was too heavy. My FFB settings are as follows (might tweak a touch, but it feels good) t300 ps4 pro.

Let me know what you think. With those settings I get good info and an immersive experience.

1561471942150-1286388453.jpg

I really like these settings, they bring out a lot more detail in the FFB. I only dialed back the track and kerb effects a bit, thought they were a bit much compared to the feedback strength in corners. Might still up the wheel damper a click or 2 to give a little bit more weight in the slower corners.

• Agree 1

On 6/25/2019 at 9:10 PM, Rallystu2 said:

Have you taken wheel damping to zero? 

I thought that was them simulating the poor front end of real F1 cars... 🤔

If anyone still hasn't found ones they like and/or is fighting clipping, you can turn the FFB to what you like (40 for me on Fanatec CSW 2.5) and everything else to 0.  

I stumbled across this after playing Assetto Corsa again and remembered they said if you have a relatively strong wheel, you don't need all the other FFB enhancements. It works well in F1 and you feel all the curbs, road etc, but everything feels more balanced. Keep your on wheel FFB at 100, which is usually recommended so you then just adjust in game. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have my thrustmaster hardware set to standard, so overall 75% the rest is 100%

that's on the firware side.

ingame 

ffb: 90

everything else 5 except wheel weight is 3

360 degrees and no understeer enhance

t300 with self built steering wheel based on f1 rim including leds and 3.5 inch display and t3pa with loadcell 20kg, but searching for 30kg load cell.

base modified with fans to prevent fading. Since that mod, after 50% races the wheel/motor is almost instantly cool

Edited by AlexTT

Tried that 100 and rest to 0 settings on T300 and there is almost nothing from track and clipping on fast corners. Did little little adjustment on default settings close as possible to AC and is something like overal strenght around 80 depends on track curbs 50 track 10 damping do nothing and understeer on

On 7/14/2019 at 1:30 AM, Neomo said:

Tried that 100 and rest to 0 settings on T300 and there is almost nothing from track and clipping on fast corners. Did little little adjustment on default settings close as possible to AC and is something like overal strenght around 80 depends on track curbs 50 track 10 damping do nothing and understeer on

That's strange that it had clipping. It was worth a shot, I guess.  

FWIW I have my Clubsport at 100 on the wheel, and then 40 in the game FFB. For F2, I have it a bit lower. Understeer enhancement Off.  The suggested default settings for my wheel in the game were very strong.  AC's FFB isnt as strong, at least with my settings, but it is a lot cleaner. There isnt much on straights and the more Gs you pull, the much stronger it gets. 

Some of the esports people use extremely light settings, but that just doesnt feel right to me. However, I probably use a lot lighter than most.

Regarding Thrustmaster, I've noticed a lot of people have their FFB on wheel less than 100. I dont know if that is a Thrustmaster thing, but that may make it tougher to get in game settings dialed in.

I tried your proposal. Overall 100 and the effects to 0. It worked, but i have to test it a bit more to find my sweetspot. The wheel (Accuforce) is less nervous on straights but all effects are noticeable. Feels fine at the moment. Never thought about to try it, because i thought 0 means the effect is off.