F1 2019 - Game crashes on start (Win7 DX11) [SG]

Question

I've a problem: when I launch the game it starts with a video resolution too high for my screen. I tried to change it with "Launcher option" with Steam but nothing. I tried with ALT+ENTER and the game crashes. I sent two email to Codemaster's assistence but they said that I can change it in-game. But I can't enter the game because the video resolution is too high so black screen, "Not Optimum Resolution", ecc...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Icerion

1 minute ago, MediumFrosty said:

Well that's certainly unfortunate, given that Win7 should work as per listed in the game requirements. I hope some fix on codies' end comes through.

When Nvidia pull their finger and get a new driver, maybe so.

I did the clean boot procedure as suggested from the Codemaster's Custemers Service and launched the game in -safemode ma it's the same. The game crashed.

12 minutes ago, MediumFrosty said:

Well that's certainly unfortunate, given that Win7 should work as per listed in the game requirements. I hope some fix on codies' end comes through.

i have this problem too im using win7 64bit with dx11 why this game isnt working man please someone could me help about it it is disaster 

Hi @icerion,

Unfortunately, the crash report didn't offer any additional clues. We were also unable to repeat the issue internally using a similar spec PC running Windows 7. Are you able to offer any additional information about the following areas:

• Setup of your PC (number and type of monitors connected)
  • Full Windows version and whether this contains the latest updates from Microsoft
  • Whether any additional software is running at the same time

If you have access to a different GFX card, it would be great to see if changing this fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Hoo.

Posted (edited)

One monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 910N

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1

I don't know if it's the last update cuz I cant do the Windows Updates, you know...

But I have something that maybe can help you. Another guy, in the Steam discussion about the crash with Egodumper in f1 2019 with windows 7 and dx11 said it solve it installing this:

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2656356)

Now, I cannot do any types of Windows Updates but, if I delete .Net Framework and Windows Server, what are coseguences for my PC?

During the launch of the game the program that are running are:

Steam

Kaspersky Internet Security

Edited by icerion

Hi @icerion,

I wouldn't recommend deleting these. You can hopefully still locate these updates on the internet. If you manage to find them, please let us know if this helps resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Hoo.

Ehm...I cannot do ANY tipes of Windows updates cuz Windows isn't...you understand?😅

1 hour ago, BatuhanİçLi said:

i5 core intel

8 GB RAM

Screen Card is Nvidia 750Tİ

using Windows 7 64bit and Directx11

might even be important which i5 😉

Just now, BatuhanİçLi said:

i5 4460 

Can't be the issue in post 2 then as that is Haswell.

so what should i understand from this man ?

4 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Can't be the issue in post 2 then as that is Haswell.

I have the exact same problem. I get the feeling it's due to an incompatibility with Windows 7. I've upgraded my drivers and everything.

Thing is, it's listed as Win7 compatible on the Steam Store page, so... if Codies don't get this working there'll be some hell raised.

Hi all,

Thanks for posting, everyone. I'll get this info sent back to the team for them to investigate. Can everyone with Win 7 and the issue above please send us your DXDiags and Hardware settings please?

In Windows 7:

• Click on the "Start" Button.
  • In the Search Box type dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
  • Click on “Save all Information.”
  • Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.
  • Send the file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

How to send us your in-game hardware settings file

• Browse to your hard drive where windows in installed
  • Browse to "...\Documents\My Games\F1 2019\"
  • Right click on the hardwaresettings folder select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder
  • Copy that new zipped folder and send it to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @)

Please make sure that you link back to this thread with your forum name so that we know what your email is in relation to. Thanks all!

Posted (edited)

Ok, I downloaded and tried install the Windows patch KB2656356 (the patch that helped the guy of Steam) and windows said that this patch is already installed in my PC. Tried launch the game but it still crashing.

Edited by icerion

Ok, it's ok. Thanks to the hardware_setting the Codemasters Customers service sent to me I fix the resolution problem.

For the crash with Dx11 on Windows 7 I installed the last Directx. I think it's something like Directx 11.1 and the game starts normally. Thanks😁

Please, I need to launch the game under dx11. But I need to launch it outside the steam inferface. Obviously Steam is always in background. I need the command line parameter. -dx11 does not work

F1 2019 doesnt work on win7 but in the requirements it says it is working with win 7 i have f1 2019 for 4 days with me and i cant play any minute of it it is crashing when i try to open it and if you gonna say close steam overlay work with dx11 close msi afterburner i did all of those things codemasters if this game isnt working on win7 why you guys wrote it requires at least win 7 64bit cpuld someone tell me an appropriate solution about it im tired ! 

Hello guys

As you may know, a lot of people are experiencing a common issue related to the computer software: Not been able to start the Game because of some bulls*** drivers. 

All the people running on Windows 7 with an Nvidia graphics card (incluiding myself) are not able to play because of this. Please, PLEASE, release a patch this week for all this people because we want to play the game we purchased. And if you say we can run It on Windows 7(as said in the game requirements), please dont lie either.

I´m running the Game on Windows 7 (Dx11) without any single problem on a Nvidia GPU. So, it´s wrong to say ALL PEOPLE on Windows 7 can't play the game.

I have the same problem..... rececntly bought F1 2019 and when i go open the game, black screen and bye -.- ¿REALLY? in the reqs see w7...

4 hours ago, ndrst said:

I´m running the Game on Windows 7 (Dx11) without any single problem on a Nvidia GPU. So, it´s wrong to say ALL PEOPLE on Windows 7 can't play the game.

Maybe share what driver works for you? Plus also which GPU. It might help people get some value from their purchase while a fix is implemented.

Hi all,

I've merged a couple of threads about the same issue into this thread. Please do not make more threads about this issue as it makes it harder for us to track the issues you've raised. 

Please do send us in your DXDiag and hardware settings and any crash dumps you might have. Thanks @MediumFrosty, I can confirm we have the email you sent in. 

In Windows 7:

• Click on the "Start" Button.
  • In the Search Box type dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
  • Click on “Save all Information.”
  • Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.
  • Send the file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

How to send us your in-game hardware settings file

• Browse to your hard drive where windows in installed
  • Browse to "...\Documents\My Games\F1 2019\"
  • Right click on the hardwaresettings folder select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder
  • Copy that new zipped folder and send it to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @)

How to find a crash dump

• Browse to the folder where you have Steam installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
  • Browse to the userdata folder and Search for *.zip or browse to through the numbered directories to the relevant remote directory.
  • You should find a file named something like crash_dump#76561198061784954.zip
  • Send that file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

Please make sure that you link back to this thread with your forum name so that we know what your email is in relation to. Thanks all!