Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2019 - Game crashes on start (Win7 DX11) [SG]

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I've merged a couple of threads about the same issue into this thread. Please do not make more threads about this issue as it makes it harder for us to track the issues you've raised. 

Please do send us in your DXDiag and hardware settings and any crash dumps you might have. Thanks @MediumFrosty, I can confirm we have the email you sent in. 

In Windows 7:

  • Click on the "Start" Button.
  • In the Search Box type dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
  • Click on “Save all Information.”
  • Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.
  • Send the file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

How to send us your in-game hardware settings file

  • Browse to your hard drive where windows in installed
  • Browse to "...\Documents\My Games\F1 2019\"
  • Right click on the hardwaresettings folder select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder
  • Copy that new zipped folder and send it to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @)

How to find a crash dump

  • Browse to the folder where you have Steam installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
  • Browse to the userdata folder and Search for *.zip or browse to through the numbered directories to the relevant remote directory.
  • You should find a file named something like crash_dump#76561198061784954.zip
  • Send that file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

Please make sure that you link back to this thread with your forum name so that we know what your email is in relation to. Thanks all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im running Win 7 on AMD CPU and GPU and get exactly the same issues as listed above - its not an Intel or an NVidia flaw specifically but a more general one

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

I have merged two threads about the same issue - game failing to launch on some Win7 machines running DX11. 

The solutions which have currently worked for other members of the community are as follows:

  1. Ensure that you have the latest Windows Updates installed (Windows patch KB2656356 was specifically called out by one of our users)
  2. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of DirectX 11.1

If anyone has tried the above solutions and is still getting problems then please send through your dxdiag, hardware_settings file and Steam ID to our Community mailbox and we'll investigate further. Instructions on how do do these things are contained in this thread.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fixed it updating dx11 for windows 7. Download the last version is something like Dx 11.1. I installed it and the game starts normally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, icerion said:

I fixed it updating dx11 for windows 7. Download the last version is something like Dx 11.1. I installed it and the game starts normally.

have you got a download link for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi All,

I have merged two threads about the same issue - game failing to launch on some Win7 machines running DX11. 

The solutions which have currently worked for other members of the community are as follows:

  1. Ensure that you have the latest Windows Updates installed (Windows patch KB2656356 was specifically called out by one of our users)
  2. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of DirectX 11.1

If anyone has tried the above solutions and is still getting problems then please send through your dxdiag, hardware_settings file and Steam ID to our Community mailbox and we'll investigate further. Instructions on how do do these things are contained in this thread.

Thanks.

Didnt work for me. I have send mail to your Community mailbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mistersergy said:

have you got a download link for that?

MS says DirectX 11.1 is not available as a standalone download but is available as part of a W7 SP1 platform update

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

Specific patches are available as individual downloads from the Microsoft Update Catalog by entering the KB number (please be aware some patches have prerequisites and you should check for the correct architecture x86/64 or OS version)

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/secu/2011/12/windows6.1-kb2656356-x64_21f31fbcee734ececd14a99a368103a3e43324d1.msu

Update Windows! #justsayin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

MS says DirectX 11.1 is not available as a standalone download but is available as part of a W7 SP1 platform update

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

Specific patches are available as individual downloads from the Microsoft Update Catalog by entering the KB number (please be aware some patches have prerequisites and you should check for the correct architecture x86/64 or OS version)

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/secu/2011/12/windows6.1-kb2656356-x64_21f31fbcee734ececd14a99a368103a3e43324d1.msu

Update Windows! #justsayin 

 

I have updated Windows 7 with SP1. DirectX 11.1 should now also be installed as part of the update package.
Unfortunately the game still doesn't want to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, papsi said:

 

I have updated Windows 7 with SP1. DirectX 11.1 should now also be installed as part of the update package.
Unfortunately the game still doesn't want to boot.

Same issue here:classic_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

If anyone has tried the above solutions and is still getting problems then please send through your dxdiag, hardware_settings file and Steam ID to our Community mailbox and we'll investigate further. Instructions on how do do these things are contained in this thread.

Please quote this forum thread in your email and also try to describe clearly when the game fails (e.g. as soon as the executable is launched, before the first video is displayed, once you get to the main menu). If your game crashes during boot with our EgoDumper tool popping up a message, please make sure to press the "Send" button so that we can view this crash information.

Other general things you may also want to try are:

  • Check our current known issues list to see if any of these might actually be the cause of the problem (see here)
  • Please verify your Steam cache (see here for instructions)
  • Disable any performance profiling software that you have running as this might interfere with the game launching

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Hi,

If anyone has tried the above solutions and is still getting problems then please send through your dxdiag, hardware_settings file and Steam ID to our Community mailbox and we'll investigate further. Instructions on how do do these things are contained in this thread.

Please quote this forum thread in your email and also try to describe clearly when the game fails (e.g. as soon as the executable is launched, before the first video is displayed, once you get to the main menu). If your game crashes during boot with our EgoDumper tool popping up a message, please make sure to press the "Send" button so that we can view this crash information.

Other general things you may also want to try are:

  • Check our current known issues list to see if any of these might actually be the cause of the problem (see here)
  • Please verify your Steam cache (see here for instructions)
  • Disable any performance profiling software that you have running as this might interfere with the game launching

Thanks.

Hello,

I have been trying all your mentioned solutions without success. The game doesn't start at all. No game window is opening. Nor any signs of activity in task manager.
The game executable just isn't doing anything. Reinstalling of steam and the game in different locations did not help.

I am already in email contact with you. I realy hope you can find a solution.
Thank you very much for your efforts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, papsi said:

Hello,

I have been trying all your mentioned solutions without success. The game doesn't start at all. No game window is opening. Nor any signs of activity in task manager.
The game executable just isn't doing anything. Reinstalling of steam and the game in different locations did not help.

I am already in email contact with you. I realy hope you can find a solution.
Thank you very much for your efforts.

Exactly the same problem here. No signs of launch. Tried everything people online suggest to no success. This is clearly an issue on Codemaster's side that needs to be looked into ASAP as many players are missing out and the game has been launched 3/4days now :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 5:43 PM, Hoo said:

Hi All,

I have merged two threads about the same issue - game failing to launch on some Win7 machines running DX11. 

The solutions which have currently worked for other members of the community are as follows:

  1. Ensure that you have the latest Windows Updates installed (Windows patch KB2656356 was specifically called out by one of our users)
  2. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of DirectX 11.1

I can confirm, installing all Windows 7 updates solved problem for my friends with Windows 7. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ReikoRaph said:

I can confirm, installing all Windows 7 updates solved problem for my friends with Windows 7. Thanks!

I can confirm aswell, running all Windows 7 Auto Updates fixed the launch fail for me.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows 10 here. 

In my league everyone who has this issue has started the Game in dx12. 

Starting the game in dx11 fixed the problem for all of us.

Is there an option to force tthe game to start in dx11?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×