F1 2019 - Game crashes on start (Win7 DX11) [SG]

Question

I've a problem: when I launch the game it starts with a video resolution too high for my screen. I tried to change it with "Launcher option" with Steam but nothing. I tried with ALT+ENTER and the game crashes. I sent two email to Codemaster's assistence but they said that I can change it in-game. But I can't enter the game because the video resolution is too high so black screen, "Not Optimum Resolution", ecc...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Icerion

Im running Win 7 on AMD CPU and GPU and get exactly the same issues as listed above - its not an Intel or an NVidia flaw specifically but a more general one

Hi All,

I have merged two threads about the same issue - game failing to launch on some Win7 machines running DX11. 

The solutions which have currently worked for other members of the community are as follows:

1. Ensure that you have the latest Windows Updates installed (Windows patch KB2656356 was specifically called out by one of our users)
  2. Ensure that you have installed the latest version of DirectX 11.1

If anyone has tried the above solutions and is still getting problems then please send through your dxdiag, hardware_settings file and Steam ID to our Community mailbox and we'll investigate further. Instructions on how do do these things are contained in this thread.

Thanks.

I fixed it updating dx11 for windows 7. Download the last version is something like Dx 11.1. I installed it and the game starts normally.

7 minutes ago, icerion said:

I fixed it updating dx11 for windows 7. Download the last version is something like Dx 11.1. I installed it and the game starts normally.

have you got a download link for that?

7 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi All,

I have merged two threads about the same issue - game failing to launch on some Win7 machines running DX11. 

The solutions which have currently worked for other members of the community are as follows:

1. Ensure that you have the latest Windows Updates installed (Windows patch KB2656356 was specifically called out by one of our users)

If anyone has tried the above solutions and is still getting problems then please send through your dxdiag, hardware_settings file and Steam ID to our Community mailbox and we'll investigate further. Instructions on how do do these things are contained in this thread.

Thanks.

Didnt work for me. I have send mail to your Community mailbox.

18 hours ago, Mistersergy said:

have you got a download link for that?

MS says DirectX 11.1 is not available as a standalone download but is available as part of a W7 SP1 platform update

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

Specific patches are available as individual downloads from the Microsoft Update Catalog by entering the KB number (please be aware some patches have prerequisites and you should check for the correct architecture x86/64 or OS version)

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/secu/2011/12/windows6.1-kb2656356-x64_21f31fbcee734ececd14a99a368103a3e43324d1.msu

Update Windows! #justsayin 

4 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

MS says DirectX 11.1 is not available as a standalone download but is available as part of a W7 SP1 platform update

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

Specific patches are available as individual downloads from the Microsoft Update Catalog by entering the KB number (please be aware some patches have prerequisites and you should check for the correct architecture x86/64 or OS version)

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/secu/2011/12/windows6.1-kb2656356-x64_21f31fbcee734ececd14a99a368103a3e43324d1.msu

Update Windows! #justsayin 

I have updated Windows 7 with SP1. DirectX 11.1 should now also be installed as part of the update package.
Unfortunately the game still doesn't want to boot.

1 hour ago, papsi said:

I have updated Windows 7 with SP1. DirectX 11.1 should now also be installed as part of the update package.
Unfortunately the game still doesn't want to boot.

Same issue here:classic_unsure:

Hi,

Please quote this forum thread in your email and also try to describe clearly when the game fails (e.g. as soon as the executable is launched, before the first video is displayed, once you get to the main menu). If your game crashes during boot with our EgoDumper tool popping up a message, please make sure to press the "Send" button so that we can view this crash information.

Other general things you may also want to try are:

• Check our current known issues list to see if any of these might actually be the cause of the problem (see here)
  • Please verify your Steam cache (see here for instructions)
  • Disable any performance profiling software that you have running as this might interfere with the game launching

Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Hi,

Please quote this forum thread in your email and also try to describe clearly when the game fails (e.g. as soon as the executable is launched, before the first video is displayed, once you get to the main menu). If your game crashes during boot with our EgoDumper tool popping up a message, please make sure to press the "Send" button so that we can view this crash information.

Other general things you may also want to try are:

• Check our current known issues list to see if any of these might actually be the cause of the problem (see here)
  • Please verify your Steam cache (see here for instructions)
  • Disable any performance profiling software that you have running as this might interfere with the game launching

Thanks.

Hello,

I have been trying all your mentioned solutions without success. The game doesn't start at all. No game window is opening. Nor any signs of activity in task manager.
The game executable just isn't doing anything. Reinstalling of steam and the game in different locations did not help.

I am already in email contact with you. I realy hope you can find a solution.
Thank you very much for your efforts.

2 hours ago, papsi said:

Hello,

I have been trying all your mentioned solutions without success. The game doesn't start at all. No game window is opening. Nor any signs of activity in task manager.
The game executable just isn't doing anything. Reinstalling of steam and the game in different locations did not help.

I am already in email contact with you. I realy hope you can find a solution.
Thank you very much for your efforts.

Exactly the same problem here. No signs of launch. Tried everything people online suggest to no success. This is clearly an issue on Codemaster's side that needs to be looked into ASAP as many players are missing out and the game has been launched 3/4days now :(

On 7/1/2019 at 5:43 PM, Hoo said:

Hi All,

I can confirm, installing all Windows 7 updates solved problem for my friends with Windows 7. Thanks!

23 hours ago, ReikoRaph said:

I can confirm, installing all Windows 7 updates solved problem for my friends with Windows 7. Thanks!

I can confirm aswell, running all Windows 7 Auto Updates fixed the launch fail for me.

Thank you!

Windows 10 here. 

In my league everyone who has this issue has started the Game in dx12. 

Starting the game in dx11 fixed the problem for all of us.

Is there an option to force tthe game to start in dx11?