Fanatec V2 functions on PS4

None of the new functions work! There is no sense to use it over the old f1 wheels

Will this be patched?

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Posted (edited)

Yes I am having the same issue on the PC with the Podium paddle module and the rotary encoders... Its a shame these features can't be used in this game. Especially with the amount of MFD Shortcut customisation. These wheels were built for it. And kind of an own goal on Codemasters part considering Fanatec are THE brand of steering wheels for the Official F1 Esports Championship.

Edited by samcar304
  • Agree 1

Yes ur right

not even the thumb encoders work, and the one from the thrustmaster F1 wheel are working…
And no reaction from Codemasters here

• Agree 1

It is incomprehensible to me how the official supplier of the F1 Esport series does not have full support for its steering wheels. For me, this is the biggest disappointment of F1 2019.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

With you on this. fanatec issue a new f1 rim which has cost us over £300 and we are expecting all functions to work correctly. On PS4 the thumb turns do not map and the rotorary switches do not function either. This is somthing that was a big selling point for most of us being able to use those extra functions and Codemasters have not implemented it into the game! Disappointing 

• Like 1

I can't understand why the features aren't built in. There is finally a great setup from fanatec for the PS4 but the game doesn't support it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just to let you know, it's acutally possible from a technical point of view.

Fanatec.JPG

Edited by SAL_LippiArsenal
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I would love it too, to be able to use all the buttons/rotarys on my LE 2018 wheel.  Doing ERS, Fuel Mix, would be a lot simpler.

Edited by SilentDrifterGT
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Tommyzer said:

None of the new functions work! There is no sense to use it over the old f1 wheels

Will this be patched?

Fully agree! I have bought the F1-branded fanatec clubsport F1 2019 LE wheel together with the F1 2019 game offer, anticipating I could use the rotaries & encoders. Disappointed it doesn’t work, even though there are profiles for the New fanatec F1 wheels in F12019; they just don’t map the new buttons? Can we expect a patch in the near future? I’m on PS4 as well.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Btw the same applies for the new paddle module. One Paddle isnt mappable

Edited by Tommyzer

17 minutes ago, HiSpeeder said:

Fully agree! I have bought the F1-branded fanatec clubsport F1 2019 LE wheel together with the F1 2019 game offer, anticipating I could use the rotaries & encoders. Disappointed it doesn’t work, even though there are profiles for the New fanatec F1 wheels in F12019; they just don’t map the new buttons? Can we expect a patch in the near future? I’m on PS4 as well.

Codemasters? When can we expect an answer??

4 minutes ago, jarnoracing5 said:

Same here, and on PC there is a massive delay when using the extra buttons....

Just like no VR support, codemasters is a joke not providing full support for Fanatec wheels. I spent AUD$800 on F1 V2 and podium paddles and to not have in game support for all.the functions and switches is an absolute crock.  Way to go Codies! 

• Agree 2

It's such a shame these additional features of the V2 wheels are not supported, even more so given that on PS4 at least, it is a decision of Codemasters to not implement them rather than a hardware limitation.
It especially stinks given that as you're driving around you see advertising hoardings in the game for fanatec! 
I'm hoping it will come in an update down the line if we all kick off enough, but I won't hold my breath... However, it is nice that the flag LEDs are supported, so thanks for that!

The next 2 years of development is in full swing. Maybe in the new F1 2021 one can hope that all buttons can be used.
Just embarrassing from Codemasters
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

0 respect for players. I sell my F1 carbon wheel because i was very enthusiastic when i see the new wheel from FANATEC with all buttons and rotary. A lot of publicity for F1 2019 new wheel SPECIAL EDITION especialy make for the new game F1 2019 and now i have a wheel with limited function and a lot of butons and rotary total useless

SHAME ON YOU CODEMASTERS

SHAME ON YOU FANATEC

12 minutes ago, NicuTapa said:

SHAME ON YOU FANATEC

Its not Fanatecs fault, its down to CM!

• Agree 2

You are partially right Tommy but all this is a "partnership business". When you prepare a campaign of publicity, it's mandatory to be carefully with all obligation of your company  and your partner company.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I did also contribute to complaints all over the world. Let’s see whether they will even bother with reply...

CA4B1DB4-D276-45AC-A680-DE2146646560.jpeg

• Like 4

It is neither CM or Fanatecs fault but sonys.. They have to activate the protocol for more buttons than the normal Controller have.. So no point in blaming CM or Fanatec 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 8

8 minutes ago, lucsus1989 said:

It is neither CM or Fanatecs fault but sonys.. They have to activate the protocol for more buttons than the normal Controller have.. So no point in blaming CM or Fanatec 

image.png.dc6b4b8fc6310830daecc1f59682d4c2.png

It's just Codemasters' fault. It was able to cope it was not F1 2018. It has been able to cope that it was not at the beta. Hamburg event did not work either. But still not for the release? 500 € for steering wheel + paddle !!!

I can't understand why the features aren't built in. There is finally a great setup from fanatec for the PS4 but the game doesn't support it.

It is incomprehensible to me how the official supplier of the F1 Esport series does not have full support for its steering wheels. For me, this is the biggest disappointment of F1 2019.

As an official partner of the F1 I expect as a customer that the latest technology is available.

• Agree 2