Fanatec V2 functions on PS4

Question

None of the new functions work! There is no sense to use it over the old f1 wheels

Will this be patched?

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)

I just think it's sad that people are lured in with an official partnership between Codemasters and Fanatec and at the end you spent 500-2000€ and most of the functions and buttons are not usable.
Besides, I find it shameful that no Codemasters staff member is going to speak here and the community, which obviously has a lot of interest in it, doesn't even give a reasonable answer. 

I play with the Fanatec podium PS4 and F1 steering wheel. I noticed that the following buttons don't work. 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16 do not work. 
I pack pictures in the attachment, so you can see which buttons are meant with it.
The buttons that don't work are marked with a red X.
Also the upper two paddles of the Fanatec Advanced paddles don't work.

1373972922_CSSWFORMV218Big_05-1000x666.jpg.6be0cffd5b3a319d116920057395f0e0.jpg2039748922_PAPMBig_02-1000x666.jpg.1ef7c9492cbcc4fb6ed50563bf8f5fce.jpg2127713234_FanatecKnpfe.thumb.png.44dcd6f01322511a9d9b06f378413922.png

Edited by PowerSw88
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Just to let you know, it's acutally possible from a technical point of view.

Fanatec.JPG

Edited by SAL_LippiArsenal
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Codemasters you are simply ridiculous

• Agree 4

@Faya Sorry to tag you, but we won't stop asking until we get an offical statement from you. It feels like you just promote your partnership to generate better sales figures. Fanatec produces promotional videos about the development of F1 2019 and their Podium Series so that the customer believes that the complete product is fully compatible with the game. We mentioned these concerns during the beta and no CM-employee has ever responded, which is quiet dissappointing for the people which spent their time to find bugs and issues during the beta process.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Unfortunately, due to the time constraints involved, we weren’t able to get hold of the new wheels in time to support the additional switches and levers on the PS4 version of the Fanatec Podium wheel, and resolve any subsequent issues. As such it will not be supported fully in F1 2019, however players should still be able to use the PS4 Fanatec Podium steering wheel in F1 2019 for racing with full force feedback support, including working rev lights and flag indicators.

We strive to offer our consumers the best experience with their devices, but in this instance it won’t be possible to deliver this functionality into F1 2019 in a patch.

If anyone is experiencing any issues with this device then please let us know and we will investigate.

Wow Faya, I must say I'm really disappointed although I suspected it. Nevertheless, many thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Yes I am having the same issue on the PC with the Podium paddle module and the rotary encoders... Its a shame these features can't be used in this game. Especially with the amount of MFD Shortcut customisation. These wheels were built for it. And kind of an own goal on Codemasters part considering Fanatec are THE brand of steering wheels for the Official F1 Esports Championship.

Edited by samcar304
  • Agree 1

It is incomprehensible to me how the official supplier of the F1 Esport series does not have full support for its steering wheels. For me, this is the biggest disappointment of F1 2019.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I would love it too, to be able to use all the buttons/rotarys on my LE 2018 wheel.  Doing ERS, Fuel Mix, would be a lot simpler.

Edited by SilentDrifterGT
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Tommyzer said:

None of the new functions work! There is no sense to use it over the old f1 wheels

Will this be patched?

Fully agree! I have bought the F1-branded fanatec clubsport F1 2019 LE wheel together with the F1 2019 game offer, anticipating I could use the rotaries & encoders. Disappointed it doesn’t work, even though there are profiles for the New fanatec F1 wheels in F12019; they just don’t map the new buttons? Can we expect a patch in the near future? I’m on PS4 as well.

• Agree 2

I did also contribute to complaints all over the world. Let’s see whether they will even bother with reply...

CA4B1DB4-D276-45AC-A680-DE2146646560.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, lucsus1989 said:

It is neither CM or Fanatecs fault but sonys.. They have to activate the protocol for more buttons than the normal Controller have.. So no point in blaming CM or Fanatec 

image.png.dc6b4b8fc6310830daecc1f59682d4c2.png

That's a lie, my analog stick works with GT Sport but doesn't work with the F1 games.

It is a CodeMasters decision to not focus on this.

This will be my last post, I'm done with being disappointed with this developers decisions. Years ago when I much younger this company screwed me over with a game called "Operation Flash Point Dragon Rising" it was then I realize limitations of this developer, lucky for me I have only paid full price for a F1 game once. But I will now be jumping ship and the best advice I give you all is to do the same. 

All the best everyone.

On 6/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, lucsus1989 said:

It is neither CM or Fanatecs fault but sonys.. They have to activate the protocol for more buttons than the normal Controller have.. So no point in blaming CM or Fanatec 

this is WRONG. Playstation already supports enough buttons. It is fully up to Codemasters to code this into the game! They have access to the SDK of Fanatec and it is no magic to code this into the game but seems Codemasters just dont want to work.

• Agree 1

I also use the Fanatec F1 2018 Limited Steering Wheel.

Could you please insert the few lines of code dear Codemasters team so that all the buttons and controls on the steering wheel work?

Posted (edited)

Unacceptable from Codemaster. Just a few lines of code to recognize the rotational buttons. Play on PS4 Pro and purchased the Club sport Formula V2 specially to manage better the fuel mix and ERS with the thumb buttons. 

Edited by MMonteiroBR

Some of these do not work on PC as well. Codemasters need to update to the new SDK and add supported wheel features. Would be nice to also have Throttle/Brake vibration for CSPV3.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

This most definitely needs to be implemented ASAP. The Flagship wheel of the co-sponsor of the OFFICIAL F1 eSports Series and half the functions do NOT  work!? 

Codemasters... you guys have really dropped the ball, big time, on this one. 

The lack of ANY comment from Codemasters, in regards to this issue, is probably the most disappointing aspect of this situation. 

We, the consumer, have spent the BIG BUCKS and Codemaster simply refuse to explain why it's not been implemented. 

Massive lack of respect guys. Not Happy 😡😡😡

Edited by ZenRazo
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Unfortunately, due to the time constraints involved, we weren’t able to get hold of the new wheels in time to support the additional switches and levers on the PS4 version of the Fanatec Podium wheel, and resolve any subsequent issues. As such it will not be supported fully in F1 2019, however players should still be able to use the PS4 Fanatec Podium steering wheel in F1 2019 for racing with full force feedback support, including working rev lights and flag indicators.

We strive to offer our consumers the best experience with their devices, but in this instance it won’t be possible to deliver this functionality into F1 2019 in a patch.

If anyone is experiencing any issues with this device then please let us know and we will investigate.

Wow, what a typical ******** PR response. It seems nothing changed these past 10 years. I remember after f1 2010 release it was identical. "We won't fix these bugs/add this basic thing in this version, please buy the next one and maybe, JUST MAYBE, we'll fix/add it in it." Glad I didn't directly buy the game but got it with the wheel.

Oh, and it's more than possible to add this functionality in a patch. You just wont do it and by writing it like that you just make your devs seem even less competent than what they already present themselves as.

• Agree 1

On 7/2/2019 at 11:03 PM, Faya said:

Hi all,

And this is one of the reasons why I refuse to part ways with my hard earned on a half assed attempt on your behalf.

Yes ur right

not even the thumb encoders work, and the one from the thrustmaster F1 wheel are working…
And no reaction from Codemasters here

• Agree 1

With you on this. fanatec issue a new f1 rim which has cost us over £300 and we are expecting all functions to work correctly. On PS4 the thumb turns do not map and the rotorary switches do not function either. This is somthing that was a big selling point for most of us being able to use those extra functions and Codemasters have not implemented it into the game! Disappointing 

• Like 1

I can't understand why the features aren't built in. There is finally a great setup from fanatec for the PS4 but the game doesn't support it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Btw the same applies for the new paddle module. One Paddle isnt mappable

Edited by Tommyzer

17 minutes ago, HiSpeeder said:

Fully agree! I have bought the F1-branded fanatec clubsport F1 2019 LE wheel together with the F1 2019 game offer, anticipating I could use the rotaries & encoders. Disappointed it doesn’t work, even though there are profiles for the New fanatec F1 wheels in F12019; they just don’t map the new buttons? Can we expect a patch in the near future? I’m on PS4 as well.

Codemasters? When can we expect an answer??