Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fanatec V2 functions on PS4

That's a lie, my analog stick works with GT Sport but doesn't work with the F1 games.

It is a CodeMasters decision to not focus on this.

This will be my last post, I'm done with being disappointed with this developers decisions. Years ago when I much younger this company screwed me over with a game called "Operation Flash Point Dragon Rising" it was then I realize limitations of this developer, lucky for me I have only paid full price for a F1 game once. But I will now be jumping ship and the best advice I give you all is to do the same. 

All the best everyone.

I just think it's sad that people are lured in with an official partnership between Codemasters and Fanatec and at the end you spent 500-2000€ and most of the functions and buttons are not usable.
Besides, I find it shameful that no Codemasters staff member is going to speak here and the community, which obviously has a lot of interest in it, doesn't even give a reasonable answer. 

I play with the Fanatec podium PS4 and F1 steering wheel. I noticed that the following buttons don't work. 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16 do not work. 
I pack pictures in the attachment, so you can see which buttons are meant with it.
The buttons that don't work are marked with a red X.
Also the upper two paddles of the Fanatec Advanced paddles don't work.

1373972922_CSSWFORMV218Big_05-1000x666.jpg.6be0cffd5b3a319d116920057395f0e0.jpg2039748922_PAPMBig_02-1000x666.jpg.1ef7c9492cbcc4fb6ed50563bf8f5fce.jpg2127713234_FanatecKnpfe.thumb.png.44dcd6f01322511a9d9b06f378413922.png

No Lucsus. We talk about a product for PS4 (wheel). The Product manager of this project it's a human being with a IQ more then 100. I hope at least. His make new wheel , with new design and new features. For that project his need to collect all information about his hardware, platforms and software

It's not a product make in paintbrush for fun in lunch pause

No excuses for Codemasters and  FANATEC

Yep, I have this same issue. None of the buttons you listed work for me either, and I am on PC. The only reason I bought this wheel was for those extra buttons and using them in this same.

On 6/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, lucsus1989 said:

It is neither CM or Fanatecs fault but sonys.. They have to activate the protocol for more buttons than the normal Controller have.. So no point in blaming CM or Fanatec 

this is WRONG. Playstation already supports enough buttons. It is fully up to Codemasters to code this into the game! They have access to the SDK of Fanatec and it is no magic to code this into the game but seems Codemasters just dont want to work.

I also use the Fanatec F1 2018 Limited Steering Wheel.

Could you please insert the few lines of code dear Codemasters team so that all the buttons and controls on the steering wheel work?

Unacceptable from Codemaster. Just a few lines of code to recognize the rotational buttons. Play on PS4 Pro and purchased the Club sport Formula V2 specially to manage better the fuel mix and ERS with the thumb buttons. 

@Faya Sorry to tag you, but we won't stop asking until we get an offical statement from you. It feels like you just promote your partnership to generate better sales figures. Fanatec produces promotional videos about the development of F1 2019 and their Podium Series so that the customer believes that the complete product is fully compatible with the game. We mentioned these concerns during the beta and no CM-employee has ever responded, which is quiet dissappointing for the people which spent their time to find bugs and issues during the beta process.

Any word anywhere if this will be rectified? New to posting here so not sure where to catch some news regarding issues Sorry.

11 hours ago, samcar304 said:

Any word anywhere if this will be rectified? New to posting here so not sure where to catch some news regarding issues Sorry.

Nope, we need to push!

Share this thread everywhere guys!

Some of these do not work on PC as well. Codemasters need to update to the new SDK and add supported wheel features. Would be nice to also have Throttle/Brake vibration for CSPV3.

This most definitely needs to be implemented ASAP. The Flagship wheel of the co-sponsor of the OFFICIAL F1 eSports Series and half the functions do NOT  work!? 

Codemasters... you guys have really dropped the ball, big time, on this one. 

The lack of ANY comment from Codemasters, in regards to this issue, is probably the most disappointing aspect of this situation. 

We, the consumer, have spent the BIG BUCKS and Codemaster simply refuse to explain why it's not been implemented. 

Massive lack of respect guys. Not Happy 😡😡😡

Hi all,

Unfortunately, due to the time constraints involved, we weren’t able to get hold of the new wheels in time to support the additional switches and levers on the PS4 version of the Fanatec Podium wheel, and resolve any subsequent issues. As such it will not be supported fully in F1 2019, however players should still be able to use the PS4 Fanatec Podium steering wheel in F1 2019 for racing with full force feedback support, including working rev lights and flag indicators.

We strive to offer our consumers the best experience with their devices, but in this instance it won’t be possible to deliver this functionality into F1 2019 in a patch.

If anyone is experiencing any issues with this device then please let us know and we will investigate.

15 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Unfortunately, due to the time constraints involved, we weren’t able to get hold of the new wheels in time to support the additional switches and levers on the PS4 version of the Fanatec Podium wheel, and resolve any subsequent issues. As such it will not be supported fully in F1 2019, however players should still be able to use the PS4 Fanatec Podium steering wheel in F1 2019 for racing with full force feedback support, including working rev lights and flag indicators.

We strive to offer our consumers the best experience with their devices, but in this instance it won’t be possible to deliver this functionality into F1 2019 in a patch.

If anyone is experiencing any issues with this device then please let us know and we will investigate.

Wow Faya, I must say I'm really disappointed although I suspected it. Nevertheless, many thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Wow, what a typical ******** PR response. It seems nothing changed these past 10 years. I remember after f1 2010 release it was identical. "We won't fix these bugs/add this basic thing in this version, please buy the next one and maybe, JUST MAYBE, we'll fix/add it in it." Glad I didn't directly buy the game but got it with the wheel.

Oh, and it's more than possible to add this functionality in a patch. You just wont do it and by writing it like that you just make your devs seem even less competent than what they already present themselves as.

10 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Working rev lights and flag indicators but flag leds dont work for me on PC. I have to run an external software to make them run. What's the point of your response? No fanatec device is working properly on your **** game

I find it hard to believe that two companies (Fanatec & Codemasters) become partners on the E-sports front don’t exchange knowledge and hardware to become fully supportive. Fanatec points their customers to Codemasters in this discussion saying that it is up to the devs to implement new features, Codemasters states the new hardware didn’t arrive in time. What’s the use of selling high end equipement when it will never be supported. By the time Codemasters is ready to implement Fanatec presumably comes with a new line luring us into their marketing trics and empty our wallets again. And this coming from a huge Fanatec fan 😇 For just that reason I didn’t buy the new F1 wheel and believe me, I really wanted this wheel. And it also has to in my Xbox case with Microsoft being unwilling to open upo their button protocol. For the last five years I have plenty of buttons on my Fanatec gear were most of the buttons are doubles (acting as gas, brake and clutch), so I’m strongly thinking of going back to PC for gaming. At least you are more free in these things and a lot of third party applications are available. Sony I believe is more open in their protocol.

5 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

I find it hard to believe that two companies (Fanatec & Codemasters) become partners on the E-sports front don’t exchange knowledge and hardware to become fully supportive. Fanatec points their customers to Codemasters in this discussion saying that it is up to the devs to implement new features, Codemasters states the new hardware didn’t arrive in time. What’s the use of selling high end equipement when it will never be supported. By the time Codemasters is ready to implement Fanatec presumably comes with a new line luring us into their marketing trics and empty our wallets again. And this coming from a huge Fanatec fan 😇 For just that reason I didn’t buy the new F1 wheel and believe me, I really wanted this wheel. And it also has to in my Xbox case with Microsoft being unwilling to open upo their button protocol. For the last five years I have plenty of buttons on my Fanatec gear were most of the buttons are doubles (acting as gas, brake and clutch), so I’m strongly thinking of going back to PC for gaming. At least you are more free in these things and a lot of third party applications are available. Sony I believe is more open in their protocol.

I stay on PS4 and fight!