Fanatec V2 functions on PS4

Question

None of the new functions work! There is no sense to use it over the old f1 wheels

Will this be patched?

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

On 7/11/2019 at 9:05 PM, dsellars1983 said:

I've managed to get the top paddles working for the PC version. If anyone is interested I can post instructions if you like.

Yes Please, how did you get the top paddles to work? I've gotten the left MPS working in PULSE mode for positions 1-4, but the rest do not work, and the right MPS does not work.

To get the top paddles working, you need to install JoyToKey software, this allows you to map keyboard keys to controller buttons. 

One running, modify the amount of allowable buttons in JoyToKey to 62. Buttons 61 and 62 are the corresponding buttons to the top left and right paddles respectively.

Once that is done, you can load up F1 2019 and assign a function to the paddles. You will see that these will come up as the keyboard keys you assigned to the paddles in JoyToKey. If you need more explaining let me know but thats a general overview on how to get it working.

• Agree 1

Hi all,

Unfortunately, due to the time constraints involved, we weren’t able to get hold of the new wheels in time to support the additional switches and levers on the PS4 version of the Fanatec Podium wheel, and resolve any subsequent issues. As such it will not be supported fully in F1 2019, however players should still be able to use the PS4 Fanatec Podium steering wheel in F1 2019 for racing with full force feedback support, including working rev lights and flag indicators.

We strive to offer our consumers the best experience with their devices, but in this instance it won’t be possible to deliver this functionality into F1 2019 in a patch.

If anyone is experiencing any issues with this device then please let us know and we will investigate.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Disagree 3

It is neither CM or Fanatecs fault but sonys.. They have to activate the protocol for more buttons than the normal Controller have.. So no point in blaming CM or Fanatec 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 8