Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Fanatec V2 functions on PS4

On 7/2/2019 at 11:03 PM, Faya said:

Hi all,

Unfortunately, due to the time constraints involved, we weren’t able to get hold of the new wheels in time to support the additional switches and levers on the PS4 version of the Fanatec Podium wheel, and resolve any subsequent issues. As such it will not be supported fully in F1 2019, however players should still be able to use the PS4 Fanatec Podium steering wheel in F1 2019 for racing with full force feedback support, including working rev lights and flag indicators.

We strive to offer our consumers the best experience with their devices, but in this instance it won’t be possible to deliver this functionality into F1 2019 in a patch.

If anyone is experiencing any issues with this device then please let us know and we will investigate.

And this is one of the reasons why I refuse to part ways with my hard earned on a half assed attempt on your behalf.

I've managed to get the top paddles working for the PC version. If anyone is interested I can post instructions if you like.

On 7/11/2019 at 9:05 PM, dsellars1983 said:

I've managed to get the top paddles working for the PC version. If anyone is interested I can post instructions if you like.

Yes Please, how did you get the top paddles to work? I've gotten the left MPS working in PULSE mode for positions 1-4, but the rest do not work, and the right MPS does not work.

To get the top paddles working, you need to install JoyToKey software, this allows you to map keyboard keys to controller buttons. 

One running, modify the amount of allowable buttons in JoyToKey to 62. Buttons 61 and 62 are the corresponding buttons to the top left and right paddles respectively.

Once that is done, you can load up F1 2019 and assign a function to the paddles. You will see that these will come up as the keyboard keys you assigned to the paddles in JoyToKey. If you need more explaining let me know but thats a general overview on how to get it working.

• Agree 1

Yes, the patch 1.9 now supports the different knobs.

his is my mapping for to start with:

Rotary Switches: Diff and Brake Bias up or down (not sure this stays as I rarely fiddle with this and they can be easily bumped)

Black toggle switches: Fuel and Energy up or down

The silver switches in the middle seems to work only like a left or right activator, so I have mapped the left for Engine Status and Temps for a left and right turn.
The right switch is similarly for status view panels for a left and right turn.
(Note that these are functioning for left and right independent how they are set so for example, you can not map menus for the 1,2,3 and 4 position of one ****. It would have been nice but I guess in the race you don't want to spend too much time on flipping trough a menu so left and right probably works better)

The center silver **** does not seem to be in play as it only supports the settings for the advanced paddles.

• Like 1

Nice to see the thread worked! 😄

But the extra paddles from the advanced paddle module arent working 😞

11 minutes ago, Tommyzer said:

Nice to see the thread worked! 😄

But the extra paddles from the advanced paddle module arent working 😞

Hm? For me they are working since the new patch as the new patch made both MPS and both upper two APM Paddles working. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, momorious said:

Hm? For me they are working since the new patch as the new patch made both MPS and both upper two APM Paddles working. 

For me the top paddles are working since release, the middle ones not. Nothing changed with the latest update

4 minutes ago, Tommyzer said:

For me the top paddles are working since release, the middle ones not. Nothing changed with the latest update

That's actually really weird because the top Paddles are only working since the 1.09 update and the middle normal Shifter always worked since release. Are you sure you are on the latest V28 firmware for the Formula Wheel? Looks like your button mapping is swapped which is a bug and definitely not normal. With Patch 1.09 all 4 buttons should now work, and before only the two middle normal Paddle Shifter should have worked. 

1 minute ago, Tommyzer said:

Ya I know, dont know. I updatet the latest firmware for the base. Isnt that all I need?

No. Base firmware is one part, wheel firmware is separate and also needs to be updated in order to get functionality of the APM. I know that old firmware versions for the wheel had this exact swapped button mapping issue but that was fixed a LONG time ago already which shows that the firmware on your wheel is not the latest one available. 

• Agree 1

Ah ok. I asek Fanatec a while ago and they said I only need update the firmware of the base…

But that was bevore the v2 came out… 😄

Ok thank u 😘