Sign in to follow this  

Medium TC nerfed so much its pointless to race online now

Posted (edited)

I agree the assists should be a bit slower than with assist off but 2019 is ridiculous, its now utterly pointless racing online as no assists advantage is absolutely massive.

I was in several races today and the advantage of no assists is crazy, the speed nerf is insane with medium TC, even my friends with no assists could not believe the advantage they now have. One lobby no assist players had a 2second advantage! 

This game is going to get pretty empty online as people are going to realise there is no point in racing if you have medium tc enabled, and most players are casual

The vast majority of players have other commitments and come on to have some fun, but nerfing the medium tc to this extent is crazy. 

Edited by Mik2232
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 16

Practice with assists off, get better, its really not that hard to get the hang of, just takes a bit of practice. Maybe you're slower with assists on, but the chances of the faster guy spinning out/locking up etc might make up for it? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 8
  • Disagree 3

Pointless to race online? Did you post the same thing on Reddit a while ago too? Create assists allowed lobbies and away you go. Don't hinder those that have taken the time to run unassisted. 

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 2

3 hours ago, Mik2232 said:

I agree the assists should be a bit slower than with assist off but 2019 is ridiculous, its now utterly pointless racing online as no assists advantage is absolutely massive.

I was in several races today and the advantage of no assists is crazy, the speed nerf is insane with medium TC, even my friends with no assists could not believe the advantage they now have. One lobby no assist players had a 2second advantage! 

This game is going to get pretty empty online as people are going to realise there is no point in racing if you have medium tc enabled, and most players are casual

The vast majority of players have other commitments and come on to have some fun, but nerfing the medium tc to this extent is crazy. 

FINALLY!

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

This finally fair change might actually persuade me to buy a full priced game and go online for the first time ever. The era of the persistent dive bombers is over. Yeeeesssss!!! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

C'mon... i learned how to play without tc in 2 days. I played with med tc since 2014. Don't be a crying machine! It was a shame that assist on is faster than off. It's finally optimized in the game. We don't need to change! It's cool... 

• Agree 4

TC: OFF

ABS: ON

Problem: FIXED!

Trust me... You will enjoy this game without TC! I know it's a little bit weird but you can learn it easily.

Posted (edited)

All Codemasters need to do now, is add option's to force of all assists inc visual aids which are assists, its just a myth thier not it has to be said, black flags for X amount of corner cuts / incidents, add a option for the host to kick via Jeff voice command, hi Jeff car XX is DONE REMOVE THEM, for good measure, 

F1 2019 online racing well be worth joining it has to be said,

Any assisted drivers feel free to give this a thumbs down.

Edited by AScott
Realsim Suggestions = Spite & Hate.
  • Disagree 2

Gotta love all the elitists celebrating that finally casuals won't be as fast as them. Looks like people are not allowed to play the game the way they want and simply have to learn to drive without assists. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

excellent news... finally without assists are faster than assists on

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, MrMorpheus said:

Gotta love all the elitists celebrating that finally casuals won't be as fast as them. Looks like people are not allowed to play the game the way they want and simply have to learn to drive without assists. 

How is being satisfied with a nerf on assists the same as not allowing people to play the game the way they want? I have not yet seen ond person saying that assists should be banned from the game. Cause everyone should decide for themselves if and which assists fits their needs and wishes best.

But, that does not mean that I think that people should be rewarded for not having spend as many time and effort in playing the game as others by having the same or even more potential speed combined with a lack of risk. It is in no way fair towards people who take time to get good without assists and take a risk every race cause they might lock up, spin or miss a corner.

So, nothing wrong with assists, but they should be used for what they are named after: assist people in playing the game, not assist them in becoming as good as others without practising or taking risks.

• Agree 2

I think the F1 games are actually the easiest of all current racers to drive without assists. Project cars for example is a nightmare especially the LMP and fastest formula cars. Learning to ditch ABS is the easiest as you just lower the brake pressure to start and raise as you get better. That's practically a manual assist as it is doing that! 

TC can be learned faster by watching some real life hot laps. The drivers use 1 or 2 gears higher most of the time for this very reason which also helps to avoid losing speed through corners. An easy way to train is to TT a track and ONLY use 8th gear for the first lap. Then you can use 7th and 8th for the second. Each lap you don't spin allow another gear lower you are allowed to use. If you DO spin when using a certain gear either go one gear UP minimum for the next lap or if more confident just don't drop another gear until you no longer spin in the current one. This is also good training for holding onto your speed round corners which is a great way to faster laps. 

If you have a bunch of online friends also wanting learn no assists then start a lobby with full practice sessions then have a blast lining up together and racing only in 8th for first lap then 7th and 8th for 2nd etc etc. Or take it in turns to play follow the leader lol. Sounds naff but trust me it's a blast with no assists starting in a fun way!

Cool things you can do with no assists :

1) You are on the final straight far ahead. Spin the car over the line for the coolest replay. 

2) You blew qualifying in Q2. Show your rage by doing donuts on a straight WITHOUT hitting other cars 

3) You are coming into the lots to change tires. Approach full speed then slam the brakes 50 yards before the speed limit sign to burn some serious rubber and turn heads. This alone is worth practicing every time. 

4) You went to wide at Baku and are the wrong way down a side street. Do a Danny Riccardo and spin that car in a 180 to get facing the right way. Controlled donuts are super fun. 

5) Car ahead is defending hard and hugs the apex on every turn. The next hairpin or tight corner go wide, slam the brakes on swing wheel round hard and DRIFT past him. This takes a lot of practice but is the ultimate replay tweet! Obviously don't try this in a pack of cars but just the two of you entering turn 1 at China is just begging for some drift action. Just use enough gas to quick drift the required direction then ease off to give the tires a moment to grip then off you go.... Guaranteed to incite a WTH from the driver you passed.

If anyone has any more fun assist ideas please share them! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I used to always use TC, ABS etc.

With F1 2019 I learnt to go without any TC or ABS in 2 days.  Yes I'm not fast enough to get wins online but surely nobody can expect just to pick up and win.  I doubt I'll ever go back to assists as it is much more fun driving without them and more realistic.  In previous games I found it very hard to learn to driver without TC and ABS but now on 2019 I found it much easier to get accustomed to.

Just take the bit of time and have some patience.

Some tips:

With no ABS don't trail brake.  Trail braking isn't really a thing in F1 anyways.  Brake before turning into a corner.  Brake hard and release brake gradually...

No TC.  Just be very gently on the throttle...Opposite to braking without ABS just gradually increase throttle around a corner.  Something that helps is to give a small amount of throttle asap after braking and just gradually increase as you exit the corner.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I did some timed laps outside of the career, normally I was also Full TC and Full ABS user, because I am driving with a pad.

So I switched this time to MEDIUM TC, it worked pretty good with the F1 cars in Austria- fun to drive, finally with med TC

I started my career now, needed to switch back to Full TC because the F2 car was really hard to drive with med TC – is there such a big difference between the F2 and the F1 cars?

With med TC I was running well with Renault, Mercedes and Ferrari – so I expect it works with F1 cars, but with the F2 car, I had no chance accelerating  out of corners.

I was finally compelled to turn off TC and ABS completely and just learn how to do it, even if that means reducing the AI difficulty by like 15 for now.

Though I'll never shift manually unless on a wheel.

54 minutes ago, RaceMyZaru said:

I was finally compelled to turn off TC and ABS completely and just learn how to do it, even if that means reducing the AI difficulty by like 15 for now.

Though I'll never shift manually unless on a wheel.

I tried manual gears last night hahaha missed my braking points, turn in points everything as I'm very new at driving without ABS and TC.  One step at a time...will do manual gears when I'm very comfortable with everything else.

12 minutes ago, R9NALD09 said:

I tried manual gears last night hahaha missed my braking points, turn in points everything as I'm very new at driving without ABS and TC.  One step at a time...will do manual gears when I'm very comfortable with everything else.

I play with everything off except auto gears.

Been trying manual gears lately and hats off to those who do it. I'm easily a second slower than with auto gears and not consistent on a lap by lap basis - missed turn ins, changing gears in a confuddle causing slides and spins, hitting walls, lol. So much fun but hard as anything.

I did however beat my auto gears time at Canada though so that's a start. 

47 minutes ago, martbloke said:

I play with everything off except auto gears.

Been trying manual gears lately and hats off to those who do it. I'm easily a second slower than with auto gears and not consistent on a lap by lap basis - missed turn ins, changing gears in a confuddle causing slides and spins, hitting walls, lol. So much fun but hard as anything.

I did however beat my auto gears time at Canada though so that's a start. 

Same here, everything off with auto gears.  Keen to do manual gears at some point but first want to get quick and consistent with all the other assists off.  Doing a lot of unranked online races and get schooled hard mostly but slowly but surely working on my pace.

Everybody is different. For me manual gears are easier to turn off. After some rounds it don't think about it anymore.

TC was the easiest assist to turn off for me. ABS is still on at the moment, that's the hardest thing for me. But i will try to switch it off for 2019.

For visual aids, cockpit cam is the most realistic and looks fine, but i have problems to judge the width of the car.

Posted (edited)

Mike, thank you for posting this.  I wasn't going to purchase the game until I read your post because assists have been overpowered in previous F1 games.  No assists should be faster than assists on.  Risk reward!

Edited by WestcliffJo
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, Aljudifa said:

How is being satisfied with a nerf on assists the same as not allowing people to play the game the way they want? I have not yet seen ond person saying that assists should be banned from the game. Cause everyone should decide for themselves if and which assists fits their needs and wishes best.

But, that does not mean that I think that people should be rewarded for not having spend as many time and effort in playing the game as others by having the same or even more potential speed combined with a lack of risk. It is in no way fair towards people who take time to get good without assists and take a risk every race cause they might lock up, spin or miss a corner.

So, nothing wrong with assists, but they should be used for what they are named after: assist people in playing the game, not assist them in becoming as good as others without practising or taking risks.

It's the people who ABUSE the assists.

They drive like Demolition Derby, and don't care how they overtake no assist racers. They can take a gravelpit flatout anyway, so need i say more?

no assist drivers are simply more cautious, because spinning is easy done. Then someone comes around with their trainingwheels on, and absolutely ZERO respect for who's in front of them. They can go flatout over whatever surface you hand them, and they will pass you by any means necessary. 

Maybe not all assist users, but around 95% is the dirty driver. Not so surpising if you see how assists helps them to get away with everything.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I guess this forum not ready huh.

Edited by AScott
  • Agree 1

I think it's great, it's the way the game should be. This is the 3rd F1 game i have bought. I used to run Med TC, Auto gears, RL and ABS. 2017 went manual gears and no TC, 2018 no ABS, now 2019 i wanna switch off Racing line off then thats the lot!

I had a quick go today, its like learning the track all over again but its a good challenge, just like learning no assists is.

Whilst learning i just lowered to Ai and gradually increased it the better i got. And just make sure your in a league suited to your pace. 

It's only seems worse as Med TC has be OP before this game.

10 minutes ago, AScott said:

well in real life the Halo is not attached to your face, put your arm straight out infront of you, raise one finger, does your finger disappear ? NO, and this is still by the looks is about the same difference away which the drivers are from the Halo,

Thats not right. Put your finger in front and look at a further object, maybe a light switch. Can you totally block it from your view? No. It is a shadow on it, depends which eye is blocked, but the other one can see the switch really fine. There is another Thread with Halo transparency. This would do it like in reality.

@AScottI think you went a little overboard there but I agree with the differences between game and real life. Actually in real life the drivers have a hell of a lot more help from their engineers than we do. Drivers don't tinker with setups at all they just say what they want car to do and pit crew make adjustments for them. ERS is managed mostly by the engineers. Pit strategy is managed on the fly to adapt to second by second on track action. Team orders exist too! Each driver gets customized dash gfx to suit their needs. Etc etc. Would like a Hardcore mode in the game after elite where it's just you and the car and the radio, no MFD just push to talk only. I know it's fiddly to set up voice commands sometimes but be worth it to have an advanced conversation with the team director. "hey listen man I'm faster than team mate in front with fresher tires tell him to let me through his defense is wrecking both out races!!!"

Still love reading your posts man, you seem to point out stuff I didn't even notice! Maybe one day we will do a coop online championship. Not in this game though for obvious reasons! Haha 

• Agree 1