the rear mirror it's unsee with max fov! add virtual mirror!

Posted (edited)

As ive said many times, add all the assists under the sun, just also add options to turn them off,

Virtual mirror just TV Pod gives a unfair advantage,

Players want to use assits yet call them selfs no assits players let um, but let the true none assists players be able to make a lobby to keep um out.

Edited by BluntRS

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, DavexHaze said:

Has anyone ever seen a rear view mirror in an F1 car?

Has anyone ever seen proximity arrows in an F1 car?

Look, at the end of the day the game allows people to drive on T-cam or from 15 feet up behind the actual car.

From the moment it allows any view other than cockpit view the game is no longer attempting to aim at 100% realism so therefore just add a simple option of a mirror to increase the chance of a cleaner race. 

Edited by SIMRACER123
  • Agree 1

On 7/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, DavexHaze said:

Thankyou!

11 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Has anyone ever seen proximity arrows in an F1 car?

Thankyou!

Sorry tried to multi quote didn't work

47 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

For what?

For asking a sensible question, has anyone ever seen proximity arrows in a F1 car ?

Just for the record... Real life F1 does not have ANY of the following driver aids and helps but they are already in the game! 

Understeer assist

HUD

MFD

Traction control

ABS

Massive floating colored cubes flowing all over the track

Flashbacks 

Mid session save 

Option to restart any session 

Simulate whole race option 

5 lap, 25 or 50% race lengths 

Auto ERS

Any view outside cockpit view 

If I missed a few please feel free to remind me! Virtual mirror option (not forced!) is a NO BRAINER!! 

25 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Just for the record... Real life F1 does not have ANY of the following driver aids and helps but they are already in the game! 

Understeer assist

HUD

MFD

Traction control

ABS

Flashbacks 

Mid session save 

Auto ERS

If I missed a few please feel free to remind me! Virtual mirror option (not forced!) is a NO BRAINER!! 

I don't really want to criticise Codemasters because i think they have done a great job but i just can't fathom out why proximity arrows were seen as the best option to implement.

It just makes racing more likely to involve contact and ruin users experiences.

If Codemasters confirmed they couldnt have virtual mirrors due to fps issues then thats another matter but without clarifying anything it leaves people complaining about online experiences or incidents with overly aggressive ai that "may" have been avoidable had drivers been able to see what was going on around them.

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Understeer assist

HUD

MFD

Traction control

ABS

Flashbacks 

Mid session save 

Auto ERS

Actually, the HUD/MFD is on the wheel... and the ERS IS automatic.

Posted (edited)

In real life drivers can see the mirrors in their periphal vision. If anything we are at a disadvantage compared to them when it comes to visibility behind when using cockpit camera and a virtual mirror would help rectify this.

Edited by JensonBottom

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, JensonBottom said:

In real life drivers can see the mirrors in their periphal vision. If anything we are at a disadvantage compared to them when it comes to visibility behind when using cockpit camera and a virtual mirror would help rectify this.

That is the problem with assigning buttons to look left or right - a lack of peripheral vision that would normally exist as you glanced at your mirror. The way the game looks left for example is literally to shift your view 90% - and you have no awareness of what is on front of you. So in a driving situation making a right hand turn - to check your mirror on the left you would literally have to turn your head 90 degrees to the left and not even have where you are going in your vision. No one does that (hopefully) in real life day to day driving. Even if you looked right while doing a right hand turn the problem still remains a 90% turn of the head taking your view completely away from where the car is heading. 

In contrast one of the things I like - as it is exactly what you would be doing - is the option for a slight head turn toward the corner you are entering.

Edited by dwin20

Haha....This topic comes up every year. Codemasters doesn’t really give a **** about online multiplayer all though they wish to appear as if they do. They’re main concern is career mode and catering for the thousands of people who sit back in their couch with controller in hand. Before you jump on me, that’s all good. Each to their own. But for those of us who love F1 and want to race it like a sim as much as possible rather than just a game. The virtual mirror is a MUST that they continue ignore year in year out. 

Yes the argument goes with the people who say it’s just another assist that is not needed and everyone just wants to make it easier than it is blah blah. 

Well, that’s not true. I run with NO assists and am comfortably in the top 10% sometimes within the 5% of the worldwide leaderboards. I don’t need the virtual mirror to make it easier to drive, I need it because with a single screen it’s impractical and impossible to see your wing mirrors in Cockpit mode. To race fairly and more realistically using cockpit mode in an online League would much fairer with a virtual mirror. As it stands you are forced to use T-Cam mode or if you want to be a purist and use cockpit mode you are a bit of a hazard and come across like selfish ***** because you can’t fairly race with the people behind you. Yes the proximity markers are there and I use the mini map basically as a rear view mirror but they are both very different to being able to car behind you that you are fighting with and defending against. 

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2019 at 3:50 PM, DavexHaze said:

Has anyone ever see a driver climb out of his cockpit to look behind in an F1 car?