the rear mirror it's unsee with max fov! add virtual mirror!

hi, i try new f1 2019, and like i suspect, on cokpit camera, with every setting of FOV etc, the rear mirror it's too distance and don't make possible to see, with redbull almost.

now, i play the game on tv 55", trackir don't work with this dimension of monitor, and on the steering wheel (thrustmaster f1) i don't have the possibility to use dpad for view around, first because it's too fast the change of camera, and second because dpad it's assign to other controls...

now...how can make!? it's too difficult implement a virtual mirror??? at the moment this game it's umplayable for me....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

You're not alone man! If everyone keeps complaining maybe we will get this in an update before long. Cockpit drivers MUST have option of virtual mirror! 

• Agree 9
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Not needed for cockpit, never has been, never will be, its  just another assist thats being requested to make the game easier, in my opinion.

Any assisted players disagree, please leave a thumbs down.

Edited by AScott
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 14

You are not the first and only one with this postulate. All major simcade games have a virtual mirror, and the F1 series does not. Strange, incomprehensible, but maybe in the end the developers will notice the need that players have, because your comment is not the first in this topic.

Maybe someday. Would be nice.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, AScott said:

Not needed for cockpit, never has been, never will be, its  just another assist thats being requested to make the game easier, in my opinion.

It's not at all there to make it easier its there to make close racing fair and avoid collisions with cars close behind you that you can't see especially in MP. Its scientific fact that our real life eyes have peripheral vision but flat monitors and tvs do NOT. without VR or a triple screen setup it's not an assist at all a mirror is an EQUALIZER making it equal to real life not easier. If you gonna argue about not putting things in a mainstream game that make it easier for 90% of the market you may as well take out ALL the assists and make everyone drive with zero help right from the get go. Then you can sit back and watch as Codeys either go out of business due to the appalling sales of what would now be a Hardcore simmer only game or lay off employees to survive. We are not asking you to be forced to use it only that is an OPTION. People who demand everyone has to play the same way as they do with zero options are being blatantly unfair, sorry, but it has to be said. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

It's not at all there to make it easier its there to make close racing fair and avoid collisions with cars close behind you that you can't see especially in MP. Its scientific fact that our real life eyes have peripheral vision but flat monitors and tvs do NOT. without VR or a triple screen setup it's not an assist at all a mirror is an EQUALIZER making it equal to real life not easier. If you gonna argue about not putting things in a mainstream game that make it easier for 90% of the market you may as well take out ALL the assists and make everyone drive with zero help right from the get go. Then you can sit back and watch as Codeys either go out of business due to the appalling sales of what would now be a Hardcore simmer only game or lay off employees to survive. We are not asking you to be forced to use it only that is an OPTION. People who demand everyone has to play the same way as they do with zero options are being blatantly unfair, sorry, but it has to be said. 

The B E A uty of opinions are we all have them,

Look at some of my posts, ive asked codemasters to add all the assits under the sun, am just also asking for options online to force them all off, everyone should be able to race how they wish, currently that isnt the case,

You start a poll asking for a virtual mirror but also a option to force it off, in a online lobby. sign me up,

Talking about blatantly unfair, unfair is cockpit racers forced to race with replay camera racers, where's the OPTION ? to race with like minded people, works both ways,

I dont try to force anyone to race the same way as I do, people who do, do so cause they want, only problem is where forced to race offline, cause cockpit no assits vs replay plus assits isnt FAIR.

• Like 1

I Remember we had this discussion in the a few weeks back.
Virtual mirrors might be one approach. 
I would prefer a "radar" system  like in ACC, or as a mod in AC.
Would fit perfectly in the HALO.

Unfortunately CM has their own philosophy of "HUD" elements ( and the dash, but that's another, never ending story).

2 hours ago, AScott said:

Either  you have the same monitor as I have (Samsung 49") or you're using TrackIR (as I do), or both.
I can understand the people well asking for some kind of virtual mirror. At least I don't need 'em. 
The arrows showing there is another driver are rather useless, and everything but intuitive.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, EnsiFerrum said:

I Remember we had this discussion in the a few weeks back.
Virtual mirrors might be one approach. 
I would prefer a "radar" system  like in ACC, or as a mod in AC.
Would fit perfectly in the HALO.

Unfortunately CM has their own philosophy of "HUD" elements ( and the dash, but that's another, never ending story).

Either  you have the same monitor as I have (Samsung 49") or you're using TrackIR (as I do), or both.
I can understand the people well asking for some kind of virtual mirror. At least I don't need 'em. 
The arrows showing there is another driver are rather useless, and everything but intuitive.

I wish, when money allows ill move up to PC and get a better setup, but at the moment I use a Sony 40" no TrackIR am on Xbox, I just the look left / right buttons, not the way fastest ( hence not popular ), but its also not impossible as some say,

I also understand why people request such features, I just cant understand why codemasters also wont add options to force it them off, makes zero difference to anyone, they dont join simple, people say Project Cars has virtual mirror, it also has force cockpit view.

3 hours ago, AScott said:

The B E A uty of opinions are we all have them,

Look at some of my posts, ive asked codemasters to add all the assits under the sun, am just also asking for options online to force them all off, everyone should be able to race how they wish, currently that isnt the case,

You start a poll asking for a virtual mirror but also a option to force it off, in a online lobby. sign me up,

Talking about blatantly unfair, unfair is cockpit racers forced to race with replay camera racers, where's the OPTION ? to race with like minded people, works both ways,

I dont try to force anyone to race the same way as I do, people who do, do so cause they want, only problem is where forced to race offline, cause cockpit no assits vs replay plus assits isnt FAIR.

Good points I'm actually on the same page. For the record I use cockpit no assists and would NOT use a virtual mirror as would ruin my immersion plus I also want to race against people using the exact same setup as me for fair racing! 

🙂

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know with what for settings you all play but I have a 24" Monitor Full HD and sitting 1 Meter away so i (must) play with these Camera settings.

You can clearly see that with these settings a virtual mirror would help  a lot.

I don't understand people say We dOnT nEeD a ViRtUaL mIrRoR jUsT dOnT cHaNgE yOu'Re FOV or other things like that.

Or Just bind the look back key and you see the Cars behind you yea but in Monaco it's hard to use these.

And i don't pay extra 170$ for Headtracking to see my mirror.

In summary Virtual Mirror would be good adittion to the game for People that don't have VR,Eyetracker or Headtracker.

20190626163204_1.jpg

20190626163214_1.jpg

Edited by G3tright1337
  • Agree 3

17 hours ago, EnsiFerrum said:

Never tried TrackIR. Is it working well with a 49" curved monitor? And is the screen following your head, like look to Apex?

3 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Never tried TrackIR. Is it working well with a 49" curved monitor? And is the screen following your head, like look to Apex?

It works very well, but because of the width of the screen it is not really needed.
Not the screen is following the head movement, bit what you se on the screen.
Turn the head to the left, the view turns left also.
Didn't know if F1-20xx supports 6 DOF bit in ARMA3, eg you can shift to either side to have a glance round corners. 

You might wanna have a look here:

• Like 1

Probably dozens of topics have been opened, and everyone is right. Virtual mirror is a must, especially when you're not supporting VR. This is the first year I feel comfortable playing with the cockpit cam. Until F1 2018 I felt the car sliding on the track in cockpit, but now that feeling is gone, I can feel the car on the track. But there's a big problem. There isn't a virtual mirror, we have to rely on those proximity arrows which are bad to be honest. I don't want to play with an innatural fov to look at my mirrors. Pressing a button to look to the left/right or behind is as unrealistic as a virtual mirror, so I don't see a valid reason not to include it

• Like 1
  • Agree 14
  • Disagree 1

But please add option to remove it because it will look bad on console and will no doubt adversely affect performance, 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It should absolutely be an option, except in maybe multiplayer. But regardless, this feature is sorely needed. Please, CM!

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Just out of curiosity; what is the big deal with assigning a button to have a quick look back? That's what I've been doing for years and it works fine. Surely that's a better option than having a big NASCAR type mirror with 10 by 10 pixel resolution across the halo, and probably suffering frame rate issues to boot? 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Schwartzwelder said:

Just out of curiosity; what is the big deal with assigning a button to have a quick look back? That's what I've been doing for years and it works fine. Surely that's a better option than having a big NASCAR type mirror with 10 by 10 pixel resolution across the halo, and probably suffering frame rate issues to boot? 

It's about being able to see next to you as much as seeing behind you to allow wheel to wheel racing through the corners. This makes up for the lack of peripheral vision as the wing mirrors show what's next to your rear tyres. A single, centered rearview mirror or look behind doesn't show that so I'd prefer digital versions of the actual wing mirrors that you could move inwards to the cockpit, instead of 1 block on top of the screen.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Schwartzwelder said:

Please dont make sensible suggestions to, the Self Pro Claimed "Pro's" , thier very sensitive.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

It's about being able to see next to you as much as seeing behind you to allow wheel to wheel racing through the corners. This makes up for the lack of peripheral vision as the wing mirrors show what's next to your rear tyres. A single, centered rearview mirror or look behind doesn't show that so I'd prefer digital versions of the actual wing mirrors that you could move inwards to the cockpit, instead of 1 block on top of the screen.

But when you look back you can see the relative speed of the cars behind which allows you to anticipate where the cars are likely to be alongside your car as they try to overtake. I've never once had a problem with not knowing where cars were in my peripherals when using the "look back" option. 

No doubt you'll disagree, but based on my experience this entire virtual mirror thing seems like some people making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, AScott said:

Please dont make sensible suggestions to, the Self Pro Claimed "Pro's" , thier very sensitive.

It does rather look as though their minds are already made up and won't budge, doesn't it? Still I'm just rather curious as to the reasons why this issue is such a big deal to them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, Schwartzwelder said:

Simply because I don't like to lose the focus of what's happening ahead, and personally I don't like the fact I have to give multiple looks with the button when someone is approaching to see where he is. A look back button is as unrealistic as a look back button, so I don't see why a virtual mirror should not be added. And you're a noob according to Ascott's principles, because real life drivers don't have a look back button

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Schwartzwelder said:

It does rather look as though their minds are already made up and won't budge, doesn't it? Still I'm just rather curious as to the reasons why this issue is such a big deal to them. 

It's just a small feature that people would like to have in the game that would make it more enjoyable for them. If you don't want it, simply don't use it. I always find it a bit odd when people actively speak out against feature requests like this when it wouldn't affect their own experience in any way. 

In the end I simply believe that being able to see mirrors while driving is not only helpful but actually more in line with what real drivers are able to see, as we can not move our heads around the flat 2d screen without losing sight of whats in front, unlike real life where the drivers can easily glance at them. A virtual mirror would be the best compromise, to compensate the lack of visual mobility. 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, TheWalker17 said:

Simply because I don't like to lose the focus of what's happening ahead, and personally I don't like the fact I have to give multiple looks with the button when someone is approaching to see where he is. A look back button is as unrealistic as a look back button, so I don't see why a virtual mirror should not be added. And you're a noob according to Ascott's principles, because real life drivers don't have a look back button

The thing about using the look back button is that over time you develop an almost superhuman ability to make sense of and assimilate what's happening behind you with literally a millisecond flash. I actually find it easier than having to glance up at a virtual mirror. 

Regarding Ascott, from what I can gather, he would say that the look back button is an assist, and I agree. However whether that has anything to do with being a noob I don't know. I actually use a g29 and have buttons assigned to look left and right as well to check my mirrors, and I'm perfectly at home doing that instead or in addition to the look back option. 

• Disagree 1