Something majorly wrong with the gearing/Engine in 2019 Cars (SOUND)

Posted (edited)

Its so hard to time gear changes good as the lower rpm sounds so much the same as the higher rpm, there should be a clear noise change as it gets higher on the rpm in each gear but its not distinct enough in the 2019 cars, just watch the video a few posts above to see how aggressive it gets at the top end of each gear. 

This is especially apparent in the custom multiplayer car it sounds like its almost monotone. The Mercedes engine sounds almost there it needs tweaking in the rpm noises and they should put this engine in the multiplayer car. 

Edited by TomAAA

On 7/8/2019 at 9:37 PM, Jaketa said:

I think they are slow because they are still on the Pre test spec. I read few weeks ago that the current cars in the game will change a lot in handling after the Performance Patch - you only have to look at the lap times and speeds on the Straight. The cars in the game are currently a lot slower than in real because everybody thought that the cars will be slower with the more simple wings (less corner speed( and the bigger rear wings (less speed on the straight).

The reality is, that the PU steps over the winter were big enough to equalise the disadvantage on the straight coming from the big rear wing - and the cornering speed is the same. That’s why the real cars are faster than in 2018.

So I really hope that this problem will be fixed with the Performance Patch, because cars should be a lot faster than.

And let’s cross fingers for a sound patch.

That all sounds logical/reasonable - I hope you're right! 

17 hours ago, Rinehart27 said:

That all sounds logical/reasonable - I hope you're right! 

The new Patch Announcement confirms my thoughts. Current cars are to slow in the corners and handling will be changed with the new Performance Patch.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Jaketa said:

Die neue Patch-Ankündigung bestätigt meine Gedanken. Aktuelle Autos sollen in den Kurven langsamer werden und das Handling wird mit dem neuen Performance Patch geändert.

That's wrong. The cars get faster in the corners. Approximately one to one and a half seconds per lap. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, nowi90 said:

That's wrong. The cars get faster in the corners. Approximately one to one and a half seconds per lap. 

?

I said the CURRENT CARS in the game are to slow in the corners - And yes they are making them 1,5 sec faster because they are to slow. Maybe it’s because your translation in German from my quote is wrong. 😉

13 hours ago, Jaketa said:

Current cars are to slow in the corners and handling will be changed with the new Performance Patch.

Edited by Jaketa
  • Agree 1

@Faya @issueskid

Is there any progress on this issue? Overall the cars do not sound aggressive enough as they climb the revs and the rev sound notes do not seem be aggressive enough as they reach max rpm to tell you when you are there. The multiplayer car engine also sounds too weak compared to the rest. This thread points out a lot of the main complaints

• Agree 1

Patch 1.5 has helped for sure. I'd say at somewhere like Silverstone they are more than 2 seconds a lap quicker now, way quicker through Copse, Beckets and Stowe. And in a couple of circuits I've tried (Australia and Germany) I'm now finding a lower DF set up is more advantageous. 

Posted (edited)

@Faya Is there any news on that? The 8th gear is still useless/sounds way to slow and powerless. The other gears are meanwhile after the patches nearly accurate.

Edited by Jaketa
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Jaketa said:

@Faya Is there any news on that? The 8th gear is still useless/sounds way to slow and powerless. The other gears are meanwhile after the patches nearly accurate.

F1 2019 seems to be abandoned imo, i guess they probably are working on F1 2020 or F1 2021 already because they are done counting our money... 

Jokes aside, many persisting issues have not ever been acknowledged as of yet after almost 3 months since release, and even if they were, there are still not enough patches that have been released to fix the major bugs / glitches / inconveniences.

Something is going majorly wrong at Codemasters.

Seriously, what are they doing?

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, Format