No Gearbox Grid Penalty [ZX]

I took a new gearbox after qualifying and I still started in P15. It also happened in China when I took a new gearbox.

Career Mode, PC, Version 1.03

20190625182010_1.thumb.jpg.fda1f0b03f2183e30b4cc7739eb0007a.jpg

Video showing the starting grid

https://youtu.be/pJ0MC1rAfz8

@Faya not sure if you've passed this on or not but it is also the same for any new component that you take after qualifying has finished.

Posted (edited)

While in career mode I've exceeded my allotment of engine upgrades a couple of times and received the notice that a penalty is in order. Fine, as it should be.

But although I'm announced in the starting lineup with "penalty" next to my name, my starting position is the same as where I qualified as is my car's actual position on the grid.

This never happened in F1 2018; grid penalties were always assigned and applied properly.

Is there some different setting in F1 2019 that disables the actual grid penalty? Anyone else experienced this? 

Edited by mikeinca

Yes i also have experienced this. I had a gearbox change for the race after qualifying. I saw that i had a penalty but i started at the exact same place as i qualified.

Be more easier for the devs if you included the platform you play on,game mode stuff like that so to to help with the bug itself.

I have made a bug thread about this but no response from CM. From my tests it seems that taking a new component before qualifying works as it should but after qualifying you can take an entire new engine and gearbox with no consequence.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Just for clarification, I assume your starting position was not last place and that drivers below you did not have a penalty as well?

I know these may seem like silly questions, but it's good to know full details to be sure 👍😀

Edited by martbloke
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, martbloke said:

Just for clarification, I assume your starting position was not last place and that drivers below you did not have a penalty as well?

I know these may seem like silly questions, but it's good to know full details to be sure 👍😀

Not a silly question, I should have been more clear!

My starting position was not last place and drivers below me did not also have penalties. I have not tried taking a new engine or gearbox before qualifying so I can't speak to that situation, but new components taken after qualifying result in no actual grid penalty, even though the game indicates that a penalty will be received.

BTW, my game platform is an Xbox One, Legendary edition, career mode.

Update: I tested making a change before qualifying and penalties were applied properly as mentioned in an earlier post above. But changes made after qualifying still receive no actual grid penalty even though the game tells you that one will be assessed.  

Edited by mikeinca
  • Thanks 2

I have also experienced this problem when changing components after qualifying.

The game will inform you that taking a new component beyond your normal allocation will result in a penalty, the word "penalty" appears next to your name in the driver lineup, and a message box appears when you go to the grid telling you how many positions you are being penalized. Despite all of these indicators, your introductory position in the driver lineup and your car's actual position on the grid is completely unchanged from your qualifying position.

My game platform is Xbox One.  

Posted (edited)

I have the same problem.

I wasn't the last and no one took a penalty besides me. After the qualifying I change the gearbox and in the grid it shows the penalty sign but I didn't drop any position.

Playing legendary edition on ps4 in career mode.

Edited by fabbrocini

Hi all! 

I've merged the thread from General Discussion into @Camza2011's original thread. Let me send this through to the team to be checked out. Thanks all! 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Don't know if this is the right thread to put this in, but also grid penalties don't apply to the players who have been given to, they all start in order of qualy (short)

This happens in League (multiplayer) in both normal edition as in legends edition (PS4 version) 

Edited by ES10027