CM, please BUFF TC, the loudest mouths are the minority

1 hour ago, Acerees said:

13-18 year olds shouldn't spend weekends or HW time learning to drive without TC just to hang in there online or in TT

That's exactly how teenagers in the real world have been getting ahead in life for ever. Less entitlement and more encouraging of hard work. Noone is forcing anyone to spend hours improving their skills. Winning against live human opponents should never be easy. So glad now though that there is a reward for those who drive the extra mile. The satisfaction gained from using a skill learned during practice to gain a real life advantage is one of the best feelings ever. Feeling all your hard work has been in vain when some idiot using full assists punts you off to gain a place and does NOT lose control of the car is demoralizing. Congrats to Codeys for making a game people will want to keep playing more and more now they can see actual improvement! 

Edited by sloppysmusic
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

The game is going in the right direction. Due to assists being slower this year, assist users in our league have all started learning no assists. 

Lo and behold they aren’t finding it as hard as some would have you believe. Plus, and this is big, they all have said they are enjoying the game more than before. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

The game is going in the right direction. Due to assists being slower this year, assist users in our league have all started learning no assists. 

Lo and behold they aren’t finding it as hard as some would have you believe. Plus, and this is big, they all have said they are enjoying the game more than before. 

TC on medium is far stronger on 19 than 18. On 19 it feels like I can jump on the accelerator halfway through the turn without spinning. It was definitely not like that on 18. Or I have just gotten much better at driving in recent weeks.

• Agree 1

On 6/25/2019 at 8:43 PM, Camza2011 said:

It takes a couple of hours to learn to drive without assists on the pad. You really aren't speaking for the majority because if you were surely most of the lobby will be running with TC and therefore be as slow as you. And regarding TT if someone truly cares about being the best they should be willing to spend time to learn the game with no assists. 

Majority of the lobby plays with TC off. Then they spin and take a few with them. Super fun.

20 hours ago, AScott said:

12:27 Circuit Map ( Visual Aid )

13:12 Proximinty Arrows ( Visual Aid )

Sure, circuit map is a visual aid. Then again, IRL, drivers have an engineer telling them about the track situation, where other drivers are, etc. The game doesn't have that, the map replaces it.

Proximity arrows. Consoles don't support VR, and IRL you is much easier to have spatial awareness, than in a game where, not only you are looking at a screen, lag can make a car be in one place and the next second in another place.

So while they are visual aids, they prevent accidents for not fault of anyone.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, oscarolim said:

Sure, circuit map is a visual aid. Then again, IRL, drivers have an engineer telling them about the track situation, where other drivers are, etc. The game doesn't have that, the map replaces it.

Proximity arrows. Consoles don't support VR, and IRL you is much easier to have spatial awareness, than in a game where, not only you are looking at a screen, lag can make a car be in one place and the next second in another place.

So while they are visual aids, they prevent accidents for not fault of anyone.

Then players should be asking for Jeff to be updated, not relay on a map, that covers the wing mirrors from what ive seen on YouTube, players not sure use a mic to ask others players in the lobby to tell you where they are, or when your passing someone OI OI on your right, hold your line Captain Slow, JOKE, or requesting fly by, hold on to your doors son 😄 

Yea very true real life is allways going to be easyier than game, however Proximity arrows are not a must have its possible to use the look feature to see the side mirrors, its not gonna give you the fastest lap times, hence not popular, also its not gonna tell you when a car is approaching from behide or what side thier gonna pass you on, giving you time to position you car for defending easyier thus big advantage, or give people a heads up which side of the track to swerve across to a straight to block, ive seen it done, and ive experienced it on Project Cars 2,

what thier designed for, and what some use them for is two very different things,

All I ask is a option in a online lobby to force all assits off, if players want to use them choose another lobby, just like the ones that want racing line on, and some lobbys ban that, everyone is happy, everyone can race how they wish,

I can finally race online pumping out slow lap times, and the fast boyz can have thier assited lobbys. MISSION WINNOW

The beauty thing about OPTIONS are thier OPTIONAL, no one is forcing anyone to race how they dont want to.

Edited by AScott

If only it was easy to use Jeff with a controller (or a wheel). This is a game should be playable without extra hardware. On Xbox, to use a Mic, I have to install a Kinect. Which unless you have the OG, you need an extra adaptor for.

Idiots have been swerving and blocking long before proximity arrows. I've actually started to see cleaner driving when they started showing up in console games.

But sure, they could bring back the hardcore lobbies, where everything is off, and still have ranked lobbies for more casual players.

Not everyone that buys the game is trying to win the next eSports competition. Some of us just want to enjoy the game and be able to unlock the achievements too.

Options ;)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, AScott said:

Then players should be asking for Jeff to be updated, not relay on a map, that covers the wing mirrors from what ive seen on YouTube, players not sure use a mic to ask others players in the lobby to tell you where they are, or when your passing someone OI OI on your right, hold your line Captain Slow, JOKE, or requesting fly by, hold on to your doors son 😄 

Yea very true real life is allways going to be easyier than game, however Proximity arrows are not a must have its possible to use the look feature to see the side mirrors, its not gonna give you the fastest lap times, hence not popular, also its not gonna tell you when a car is approaching from behide or what side thier gonna pass you on, giving you time to position you car for defending easyier thus big advantage, or give people a heads up which side of the track to swerve across to a straight to block, ive seen it done, and ive experienced it on Project Cars 2,

what thier designed for, and what some use them for is two very different things,

All I ask is a option in a online lobby to force all assits off, if players want to use them choose another lobby, just like the ones that want racing line on, and some lobbys ban that, everyone is happy, everyone can race how they wish,

I can finally race online pumping out slow lap times, and the fast boyz can have thier assited lobbys. MISSION WINNOW

The beauty thing about OPTIONS are thier OPTIONAL, no one is forcing anyone to race how they dont want to.

We are nothing more than "fast boyz" racing in assisted lobbies. Because we use the onscreen circuit map, proximity arrows and HUD.

image.png.5871bb65db3fda5090ecb686a8c40eff.png

1 hour ago, jordb_ said:

We are nothing more than "fast boyz" racing in assisted lobbies. Because we use the onscreen circuit map, proximity arrows and HUD.

image.png.5871bb65db3fda5090ecb686a8c40eff.png

Yea thats what I wrote, I know thats what I wrote, cause I was thier when I wrote it,

Do you have a point ?, cause posting a picture of Tom Cruise laughing wilst on a TV show at something the host said and not my post thats clearly obvious, to anyone with, ANYONE with a basic understanding of 2+2,

Who's feeling silly now huh 😄 cause it any me yall,

As comes come, after ignoring one post cause you ran of bull dust, this is pretty weak, it has to be said, 

Mimicking the opinions of others will be the quickest way to get this thread closed down. So if you don't enjoy freedom of speech and expression let's keep doing it..... 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, oscarolim said:

If only it was easy to use Jeff with a controller (or a wheel). This is a game should be playable without extra hardware. On Xbox, to use a Mic, I have to install a Kinect. Which unless you have the OG, you need an extra adaptor for.

Idiots have been swerving and blocking long before proximity arrows. I've actually started to see cleaner driving when they started showing up in console games.

But sure, they could bring back the hardcore lobbies, where everything is off, and still have ranked lobbies for more casual players.

Not everyone that buys the game is trying to win the next eSports competition. Some of us just want to enjoy the game and be able to unlock the achievements too.

Options 😉

100% agree on the issues with Jeff, and petitions should of been made to get it sorted for all plat forms, also update the info avaible,

Online all depends what time of day you go on I guess, but personally found its getting worse, with PC2 worse than PC1, F1 its not worth it imo until such time they allow more options online, cause with majority have zero awareness and use assits to thier advantage.

Make a thread asking for online options, ill vote for sure.

40 minutes ago, AScott said:

Do you have a point ?, cause posting a picture of Tom Cruise laughing wilst on a TV show at something the host said and not my post thats clearly obvious, to anyone with, ANYONE with a basic understanding of 2+2,

Tom Cruise wasn't actually laughing at your post, you're right. Sorry for the misunderstanding and any offence caused.

Few words of advice, channel all that negative energy you have towards learning better grammar.

I won't be replying again, please try and keep relevant to the subject next time.

Enjoy F1 2019.

Edited by jordb_

35 minutes ago, jordb_ said:

Tom Cruise wasn't actually laughing at your post, you're right. Sorry for the misunderstanding and any offence caused.

Few words of advice, channel all that negative energy you have towards learning better grammar.

I won't be replying again, please try and keep relevant to the subject next time.

Enjoy F1 2019.

I cnat splel nithir gud it grimmar, ti sah 2 B sid, but sa 4 buyllng em, woo dont you feel such a big boy now 🙂 

Dont flatter your kid, I took zero offence of anything you spout.

URL @jordb_

I work at home in my parent's basement
I don't troll, I make statements
I'm not a cliché sittin' in my PJ's
Double cupping at lunch on a Tuesday
I'm like Drake, see? So don't hate me!
I get vexed if you don't appreciate me
Real talk, I'll put the world to rights
And when I'm a big boy I'm gonna write for Vice

It's not for me? It must be wrong
I could ignore it and move on
But I'm a Broadband Champion
A URL Badman
And if you're tryna call it art
I'll have to take it all apart
I got a high-brow game plan
A URL Badman

I'm a U-R-L B-A-D M-A-N without empathy
A URL Badman
I'm a U-R-L B-A-D M-A-N and you're dead to me
'Cause I'm a Broadband Champion
A URL Badman

Back to calls with no prescription
Short-shorts with conviction
Supreme palace, APC
Sizzurp in a chalice, yeah, that's so me
I'm a London white boy rapping ATL
Keyboard Warrior that can't spell
I don't like you, I think you're worthless
I wrote a long piece about it up on my WordPress

It's not for me? It must be wrong
I could ignore it and move on
But I'm a Broadband Champion
A URL Badman
And if you're tryna call it art
I'll have to take it all apart
A URL Badman

A URL Badman
A URL Badman

I like Jordans, Jay Rich, DJ Scream
I'm as complex, Pitchfork, Winnie The Pooh
I'm a space ghost perpetrator
But I have to violate her
Checked the Tyler the Creator
Blogospheric mimicator
A$AP, Kanye, XX remix
Mike Jones, Cornwall, I need a Kleenex
I don't like girls much, they kinda silly
Unless of course they wanna play with my willy

A URL Badman
A URL Badman, I got a high-brow game plan, a URL Badman

Edited by AScott
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

That's exactly how teenagers in the real world have been getting ahead in life for ever. Less entitlement and more encouraging of hard work. Noone is forcing anyone to spend hours improving their skills. Winning against live human opponents should never be easy. So glad now though that there is a reward for those who drive the extra mile. The satisfaction gained from using a skill learned during practice to gain a real life advantage is one of the best feelings ever. Feeling all your hard work has been in vain when some idiot using full assists punts you off to gain a place and does NOT lose control of the car is demoralizing. Congrats to Codeys for making a game people will want to keep playing more and more now they can see actual improvement! 

How have you quoted me as saying something I didn’t actually say?

On 6/26/2019 at 5:27 AM, Nickk28 said:

You are catering to a minority here, please revert the nerf.  I speak for the majority.

Ahhhh.. Not to state the obvious, but going by the reactions to your post, you ARE the MINORITY! 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ZenRazo said:

Ahhhh.. Not to state the obvious, but going by the reactions to your post, you ARE the MINORITY! 

To be fair, i think this counts only for the forum. Overall sells i think there are way more casual players than sim racer. If Codemasters would do all the wishes from the sim racers i believe 2020 would be the last game. 

2 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

To be fair, i think this counts only for the forum. Overall sells i think there are way more casual players than sim racer. If Codemasters would do all the wishes from the sim racers i believe 2020 would be the last game. 

But if someone claims to be casual, they should not be surprised that they aren't as fast as others who have put a lot of effort in getting better. If you want to be as good as the best, you have got to work for it. But then they would no longer be casual players, afcourse.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Aljudifa said:

But if someone claims to be casual, they should not be surprised that they aren't as fast as others who have put a lot of effort in getting better. If you want to be as good as the best, you have got to work for it. But then they would no longer be casual players, afcourse.

Nobody of the casual players claims to be faster. All what is written here is the whining that the elite players are not faster than others. 

For me, the only thing i want is good racing and fighting. I don’t care if the guy battling me has some assists on or not. I want to have fun. 

5 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

Nobody of the casual players claims to be faster. All what is written here is the whining that the elite players are not faster than others. 

For me, the only thing i want is good racing and fighting. I don’t care if the guy battling me has some assists on or not. I want to have fun. 

I didn't say they claim to be faster, I said that if they claim to be casual, they would or should know that there are people that will be better. That was in a response to you're statement that there are more casual than sim racers. 

My point is: the majority of the total player population might be casual, but because they are casual they would or should not mind being a bit slower.

Edited by Aljudifa

1 hour ago, Aljudifa said:

I didn't say they claim to be faster, I said that if they claim to be casual, they would or should know that there are people that will be better. That was in a response to you're statement that there are more casual than sim racers. 

My point is: the minority of the total player population might be casual, but because they are casual they would or should not mind being a bit slower.

I would say that the majority of the players are casual. This forum reflects only maybe 5% of the gamers. As i said before the casuals know they are a bit slower and they don't complain about it, but the elite players always complain about not beeing faster than the casuals.

For me it would be fine if it was like 2018. I race in a league with assist user and non assist user in one league. All was fine last year. We had good fights and interesting races. I didn't care about the guy i'm battling uses TC or ABS or nothing.

At the moment we have to think about our league classification. Because racing with assist user and non assist user isn't possible at the moment, because assist user are not competitve anymore, no matter if they have the same skills.

• Confused 1
  • Disagree 1

This whole post misses the point ... the assists that are currently in play are for the casual racer and a casul racer you can't really have a serious expectation to compete against the more dedicated ( think about it ).  Racing is competitive and by dumbing down success to assists "on" makes no sense ( a bit like saying " I run 10 wing all around and that should win me races, and because of the pro biosed setups I'm being discriminated against " ) 

Just play the game and enjoy and endever to improve .... 

PS it's not all about winning you know ... Best races I've had are in the mid / back of the pack... Fighting for an irrelevant position and loving every moment

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Akkan74 said:

At the moment we have to think about our league classification. Because racing with assist user and non assist user isn't possible at the moment, because assist user are not competitve anymore, no matter if they have the same skills.

"Assists users" don't have the same skills as "non assists" users otherwise they won't use assists...

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Just now, DYDit said:

"Assists users" don't have the same skills as "non assists" users otherwise they won't use assists...

If it makes you happy and feed your ego, ok you are right. These dumb noobs can't be as good as the holy grail, the undefeated elite players.

I'm an assists user and i know i don't have the same skills as who don't use assist.

I also know with some effort i can improve myself.

You on the other side pretend to be on the same level of who don't use assists without any kind of effort..

You can prove you have the same skills of who don't use assists by not using assists, is it so hard to understand?

Edited by DYDit
  • Disagree 1