CM, please BUFF TC, the loudest mouths are the minority

This discussion is had literally every year. 

From looking at my friends list on TT the assist users that were quick in 18 are still pretty quick this year. 

I don’t use assists and am still getting used to the handling model but the assist users that were quicker than me last year are still quicker than me now so can’t be that big of an issue.

im not the quickest but not terribly slow either TT times in 18 were around top 5% for most tracks.

2 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

I would say that the majority of the players are casual. This forum reflects only maybe 5% of the gamers.

You are right, I meant to say 'majority' instead of 'minority'. I have edited it!

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, DYDit said:

You on the other side pretend to be on the same level of who don't use assists without any kind of effort..

When did i say this?

The only thing i said is, some elite player thinks they are way better than any assist user, which isn't true. I know many guys which could drive without assists, but due to some time problems in real life they switch on e.g. medium TC. To avoid spins and crashes. They could beat some non assist user in our league easily.

So tell me how can you say assist user don't have the skills. Unless you don't know why and how they use any assist you can't say that. The same for non assist user. Unless we don't know how good they really are we can't judge if they really should be faster or not.

As said many times 2017, 2018 and 2019 no one ever proofed that any assist would make you faster. But the elite player ever claims they have to be faster because they are the real racers.

For me it is only an ego thing.

This can be summed up as :::::

I want to win

I want to win the way I want to win 

It's not fair that I can't win 

It's discrimination and anyone who disagrees is a hater and elitest

Devolve into lame attempts to provoke 

Use all text to sudo prove the point 

======== 

Misses the point ...... It does not matter .. some people are fast other want to be and know the road they need to travel and other , well others , post here 

Tc / abs is another method of classification ..... It's just the way it is 

And yes they will loosen it up ... They alsways do 

• Agree 2

Since it's only an ego thing play without assist then tell me if it's only an ego thing

1 minute ago, DYDit said:

Since it's only an ego thing play without assist then tell me if it's only an ego thing

I do both and you know my thoughts.

unfortunately, what you did not understand of the CM and that anyone running with the pad even without help has the percentages of assists such as traction in curve and / or at start, difference with the steering wheel that has less percentage.
As a rule, using or not using assists today is the same thing.
And to say that the CM does simulation games well dedicate yourself to farming simulator :).

Ok Akkan74 so you can't play with "no assists" but you are as good as who don't use assists.

We are different.

I use assists and i know i'm not as fast as who don't use assists aka i'm not skilled as those who play without assists.

Well i'm learning to play without TC and at moment i'm still half second slower than with TC but the gap was more.

I'm pretty sure that if i still put effort this way, one day i'll be faster than playing with TC while you'll still be here crying for a buff you don't deserve.

I'll give you another tip: there will be always someone with more skills than you, yeah it's a cruel world, deal with it.

• Agree 1

+ 1 to that brother ... No assists for me and I'm beaten senseless by players with assists in the DRY regularly and totally SENSELESS in the wet.... Lol my XP is poor 😞

After playing these games since like F1 2010 I tried to play with TCS OFF for a couple of hours in F1 2019, but I find it very difficult to manage. I haven't completed 2 laps in a row without crashing or spinning. It surely is very frustrating playing with a controller. Definitely not something I could learn or master within a couple of hours. But I'll try again, not because I want to though.

I can understand that people don't want drivers who are using assists to be faster than the one who don't use assists, but yeezuz christ the nerf on the medium TCS Option is really extreme this time around.
Also, the elitism and general hate towards players who want to use assists and be competitive is freaking insane here. 🤮 

Edited by LSKone
  • Agree 1

So tell me how can you say assist user don't have the skills. Unless you don't know why and how they use any assist you can't say that. The same for non assist user. Unless we don't know how good they really are we can't judge if they really should be faster or not.

As said many times 2017, 2018 and 2019 no one ever proofed that any assist would make you faster. But the elite player ever claims they have to be faster because they are the real racers.

For me it is only an ego thing.

How? Simple: ASSIST DRIVERS DON'T HAVE SKILL! They need training wheels like assists to drive. That's just lazy and the easy way out to not wanting to learn to drive without. Not all no assist drivers are elitist, but it's crazy that medium TC is so OP in 2018 that you can flatout over curbs where no assist players need to keep control.

medium TC in 2018 was mostly around a second faster.

edit: no one proofed that medium TC was ridiculously faster? Get your head out of your *** and look around on forums. Cars with assist ramming and just go straight where non assist spin out. Flatout curbs, flatout mid corner, seriously, do I need to go on?

justice is served, deal with it! Use your energy for complaining and whining to get some REAL car control. 

And yes I came from pad with assists so I KNOW WHAT I'm talking about. 

#Traingwheelsprotocolterminated

Edited by AlexTT
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

medium TC in 2018 was mostly around a second faster.

never proofed, but a willingly excuse.

As i said before to please your egos: you are all right! This discussion is senseless like all the years before.

35 minutes ago, LSKone said:

Also, the elitism and general hate towards players who want to use assists and be competitive is freaking insane here. 🤮 

Read again: using assistst AND BE COMPETITIVE! HOW!? 

Nothing to do with elitism bullcrappers, people who don't use assist are sick and tired off those assist cheaters who fly by over whatever surface because TC helps them.

competitive with assists. OMG😱

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

never proofed, but a willingly excuse.

As i said before to please your egos: you are all right! This discussion is senseless like all the years before.

Never proofed? Kind of strange that lobbies with seriously fast racers (not me in particularly if you think that) and then a so called "GOLD SKILL" player comes in, and qualifies mostly a second faster.

i have spectated so many lobbies, I don't say this because of whatever, i state what i say on facts. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Never proofed? Kind of strange that lobbies with seriously fast racers (not me in particularly if you think that) and then a so called "GOLD SKILL" player comes in, and qualifies mostly a second faster. 

i have spectated so many lobbies, I don't say this because of whatever, i state what i say on facts. 

Sure, and the excuse is it is because of assists only. We have this discussion since two years and i asked many times that the elite players which claim it should make some videos where they are so much faster with assists on. Never happened...

But it's way easier to blame other players or the system.

Edited by Akkan74
  • Agree 1

Fastest guy I ever raced with uses all assists on ( all ) ... He glides around the courses like physics  is but intellectual trivia 

So make a video where YOU @Akkan74 are faster with tc off or it's a lie.

Let's fight ignorance with ignorance..

Edited by DYDit
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DYDit said:

So make a video where YOU are faster with tc off or it's a lie.

I don't drive with TC, because it's the easiest assist for me to switch off. But you missed the point, i didn't start the discussion, i didn't yell for a nerf, i didn't claim that all assist users are faster and i surely didn't say they have no skills.

I don't need to proof anything. I'm not faster without TC. I drive the same times like before when I had TC on (didn't know for 2019, because it's nerfed).

Edited by Akkan74

2 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

I drive the same times like before when I had TC on (didn't know for 2019, because it's nerfed).

Let's see the video

2 minutes ago, DYDit said:

Let's see the video

Ok, i try to make one. But i think i have to make it in 2018.

Again, i'm not the one complaining that assist are faster. This goes over two years and is never confirmed. Tell me why?

I just think it's normal that using assists make the game easier but with slower times and trust me i'm not an elitist at all

• Disagree 1

Sure, and the excuse is it is because of assists only. We have this discussion since two years and i asked many times that the elite players which claim it should make some videos where they are so much faster with assists on. Never happened...

But it's way easier to blame other players or the system.

You are pretty ignorant or am I mistaking?

when you spectate... yes????

then you can select a user... yes????

then select telemetry... yes????

and when you see the throttle (it's that green line which fills up along with how much you puss the throttle) mid corner FULLOUT GREEN, the revs leds blinking and hear the TC at work... yes????

THAT'S WHEN YOU KNOW THAT PLAYER HAS NO SKILL WHATSOEVER.

YES?????? (Sarcasm mode off)

I race the F1 games long enough to see when someone is fast only because of the assists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It's interesting how passionate people are about their assists.  Learning to drive without them is substantially easier now than it was in F1 2016, that's for sure.  Now that was hard...

Though I understand people's dependance on these things, I was scared of the idea of turning off the assists as well.  My first F1 game (F1 2016) I made it a point that by the time I was able to compete against the AI at a high enough difficulty that it was time to lower the difficulty and start removing assists.  I drove like complete **** for a while, and I noticed that removing all assists at the same time wasn't the way to go as it was too many things to change with how I was driving.  Assists do cause you to drive with bad habits, the hard part isn't really driving without the assists, it's getting over bad habits.

The only way to be fair with putting assist users up against non-assist users is to slow them down some.  After all, the non-assist user is more prone to making mistakes.  They'll lose time to their mistakes.  They can miss their braking points easily, without that racing line you have to pay more attention.  They'll lock up easier, possibly crashing into a wall.  Lack of traction control can also cause them to easily spin around on corner exit.  Even after you learn to race properly without assists these mistakes will happen, assists prevent those mistakes from happening, so you wouldn't lose time making those mistakes.  

When you play with no assists long enough that really becomes the only way to play, turning them on again feels incredibly unnatural.  And that racing line distracts the hell out of me.  

Anyway, I'm glad to see traction control puts users at a disadvantage in average speed.  Maybe when I screw up and spin around exiting some corner you'd pass me without issue.  It's a fair system.  If you want the extra speed, accept the added risk of error and learn to race without the assists.  Makes the game a lot more fun and immersive.  It's easy to be discouraged though by immediately flipping the assists off and just going for it, there will be mistakes every corner.  It'll basically feel impossible.  Take it easy though, take things slow, also use the track acclimation practice programs to help learn the tracks without the racing line.  Racing line basically prevents you from learning tracks at all, I had no idea what I was doing the first time I turned that off.  Looked like I never drove on any of the tracks before, had to learn the tracks by what they look like instead of obsessively staring at an animated line.  

I see no value in buffing traction control, it allows you to drive more aggressively with less chance of messing up.  It's a stepping stone to controlling the car.  If you want to compete with no assist users learn to play the game like the no assist users.  We all had to learn at some point.  It really is fun learning at that, and feels infinitely more satisfying.  My last 'assist' I just disabled was flashbacks.  Feels great completing a 100% race with no assists, not screwing up once or crashing into anyone or anything.  

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I have to agree here, I think both TC and having ABS on is making you too slow this year.

I don't race online so I don't care how I compare to other users who drive without assists.

I'm a casual player who only plays his career and just wants to race qualifying and race every other day without spending too much time on the game.

I don't have the time or resources to practice driving without assists and I'm not good enough to ever feel comfortable driving without them anyway.

I'm fine with assists being slower, but we're at a point where the racing line is no help at all because you have to brake much earlier with ABS on and it's heavily inconsistent. The understeer in corners is also way too much. I'm personally not having the fun I had with previous iterations. Assists were always slower and I thought it was fine how it was in F1 2018. Now it seems like a chore to drive with assists and it almost feels like driving a truck so the fun is pretty much gone out the window.

• Like 1