CM, please BUFF TC, the loudest mouths are the minority

Codemasters,

I don't post here often but you need to hear me out on this.  Traction Control should not be nerfed.  The people who do the betas, post on reddit/here, and post on YouTube are the minority of players.  Look at your stats, players like me pick up and play when we can.  But now we cannot compete in online or even climb the leaderboards.  We have to deal with the drawl of YouTubers and commenters who spend so much time aligning their interests they barely even play.   For example, look how often the players with rigs moan and complain here and on reddit.  Us controller players just play.  I do not have or even want to get a rig...I can afford it but I just want to play with a controller, same reason VR hasnt picked up momentum.  

We buy this game to play on a controller, let the minority have their iRacing if they do not want to use a controller.  Our consoles ship with controllers, not Wheels and Pedals, don't isolate us out to compete with iRacing, you are not iRacing, thank god.

Either separate the leader-boards or ranked lobbies or simply just BUFF TC, at least on Medium.  13-18 year olds shouldn't spend weekends or HW time learning to drive without TC just to hang in there online or in TT.   20-50 year olds have jobs.  They don't have the time either.  Unranked is not an option.  No skin in the game for most drivers.

You are catering to a minority here, please revert the nerf.  I speak for the majority.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 28

Posted (edited)

It takes a couple of hours to learn to drive without assists on the pad. You really aren't speaking for the majority because if you were surely most of the lobby will be running with TC and therefore be as slow as you. And regarding TT if someone truly cares about being the best they should be willing to spend time to learn the game with no assists. 

Edited by Camza2011
  • Agree 10

Posted (edited)

Lower the difficulty and play with the AI. Life is not that easy when you use assist you can match pro players.

Edited by iNevik
Typo
  • Agree 1

If Codemasters listened to the minority id be the happiest forum member on here, they listen to the majority only FACT.

• Agree 2

In the past I've won the championship in pro season mode on a pad with no assists (back in 2015). Assists have been OP since the birth of the legendary Pastor Maldonado. When you play with no assists, all the fun goes straight out of the window as soon as the first assist user join to the server and is on pace with all the no assist users without breaking a sweat. 

• Agree 6

Posted (edited)

How about NOT buff assists and just put the "majority", as you call it, in their own lobbies. Problem solved. Assist users have had it sweet for a while. About time they raced as the game intended. F1 as a motorsport ditched assists over a decade ago.

Edited by SillySinStorm
Clarity.
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Nickk28 said:

Codemasters,

I don't post here often but you need to hear me out on this.  Traction Control should not be nerfed.  The people who do the betas, post on reddit/here, and post on YouTube are the minority of players.  Look at your stats, players like me pick up and play when we can.  But now we cannot compete in online or even climb the leaderboards.  We have to deal with the drawl of YouTubers and commenters who spend so much time aligning their interests they barely even play.   For example, look how often the players with rigs moan and complain here and on reddit.  Us controller players just play.  I do not have or even want to get a rig...I can afford it but I just want to play with a controller, same reason VR hasnt picked up momentum.  

We buy this game to play on a controller, let the minority have their iRacing if they do not want to use a controller.  Our consoles ship with controllers, not Wheels and Pedals, don't isolate us out to compete with iRacing, you are not iRacing, thank god.

Either separate the leader-boards or ranked lobbies or simply just BUFF TC, at least on Medium.  13-18 year olds shouldn't spend weekends or HW time learning to drive without TC just to hang in there online or in TT.   20-50 year olds have jobs.  They don't have the time either.  Unranked is not an option.  No skin in the game for most drivers.

You are catering to a minority here, please revert the nerf.  I speak for the majority.

Agree 100%

I have a great job, a lovely girlfriend, so my time is limited to enjoy F1. Its all great for the people without jobs or relationships  or the free time to spend hours honing there skills (fair play to them) but for the casual F1 and gaming fan this is just too much of a nerf, even against the AI its crazy slow so the difficulty gets lowered to ridiculous levels. If people are so against assists don't play in the mainstream, go to ranked etc. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 8

You know I want to play ranked as well but not against these robot youtubers who get the game for free and expect me to play with no assists on a controller. 

The message is clear... Buff TC ... OR ... separate the ranked lobby’s and time trials. 

• Disagree 4

2 hours ago, Nickk28 said:

Has there even been any official release that has confirmed they have in fact nerfed TC (and all other assists for that matter)? 

Maybe it's just the way the game is at the moment, this may change down the line after a few patches.

• Like 1

They will fix TC 

Lets remember that the new feature this year is "custom purchasable online items"

if the casual players are are not happy with the TC and don't play online, that means they won't be buying the new custom items...... so they will then fix it 

(here's an off the wall suggestion- how about a lobby option to force assists ON for all players?)

How about codies make 2 different games 1 for assists 1 for no assists then we wont have the same arguments every year...

• Agree 2

Well you got my vote on no assits lobbys, aslong as its genuine none assits lobbys,

Visual aids also known as assits need to be banned aswell, TV Pod, Proximinty Arrows, Distance to driver infront etc.

• Like 1

If you’re that passionate about the game to write a whole post about it, then you should just learn to drive without TC. Heck, you could’ve learned it in the same time that you spent typing this post.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

TC on controller isn't that hard to manage this game. Give it a day or two. Or keep the handbrake on.

• Agree 1

Assists shouldn’t faster. Taking the time to learn no assists should be encouraged and the only way you can do that is to make no assists faster. 

That said no assists may be faster, but it is much more difficult to be consistent. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Jajb said:

Agree 100%

I have a great job, a lovely girlfriend, so my time is limited to enjoy F1. Its all great for the people without jobs or relationships  or the free time to spend hours honing there skills (fair play to them) but for the casual F1 and gaming fan this is just too much of a nerf, even against the AI its crazy slow so the difficulty gets lowered to ridiculous levels. If people are so against assists don't play in the mainstream, go to ranked etc. 

Why do you need to insult people? You know, I have a great job, a lovely girlfriend too and still manage to play without assists.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Just seperate the lobby's and time trails. Matching the performance of assists with no assists doesn't make sense. I'm a no assist driver but i'm not very good but i'm trying try to learn it. In lobby's in f1 2018 i've to compete against drivers with all assists (medium TC) on and they are often quicker than me because of the assists. Do you know how that feels? 

It's up to CM to find something to seperate the assists vs the no assists drivers. I do agree that it has to be fun for both but's its just a completeley different game. Arcade vs semi simulation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aartstyle said:

Just seperate the lobby's and time trails. Matching the performance of assists with no assists doesn't make sense. I'm a no assist driver but i'm not very good but i'm trying try to learn it. In lobby's in f1 2018 i've to compete against drivers with all assists (medium TC) on and they are often quicker than me because of the assists. Do you know how that feels? 

It's up to CM to find something to seperate the assists vs the no assists drivers. I do agree that it has to be fun for both but's its just a completeley different game. Arcade vs semi simulation.

Just join a no assists league and you can race with people who also run without assists. 

I get it that no traction should be faster but if you look at it realistically, assists would be faster if real F1 would run it. 

Every game the same discussion. Just join a league where they run your preferences and stop ******** about being faster or slower than somebody in TT because they run or don't run assists. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Look at all you Assist users, feeling righteous that you should be able to come home from work having not practised, pick up a controller, slam around the car with assists on and win everything without even trying to. While us no-assist users should have to spend day and night perfecting the art, taking the time to learn the skill of no assists but STILL LOSE races to assist slobs. Smh.

I read someone say, if they dont un-nerf TC that no one will buy from the new shop on the game, so they WILL do it, he said it like he was royalty! Personally I will not buy from the store if they make assists any faster; from a no assist driver.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Every year the same discussion.

Using assist shouldn't be faster over a complete lap and that's in the game. If you have a different meaning, show a comparison video to proof that assist are way faster.

Why should they separate the time table for assist and no assist? It doesn't make any sense. The game should be competitive over all players. Full assist user, medium assist user and non assist user. They should all have the same chance to win a GP. Maybe you are to slow against the other driver, but it is easier to blame the assists.

For all driver who want a clean no assist rule, please join a league to race against other sim racers with no assist.

The time trial and ranked/unranked random online lobbies are for the majority. This means non assists, medium assists and full assists and they have to be equal to race against each other.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

CM should take a look at Assetto Corsa, Project Cars series or Forza series etc., those games handle assists the right way, in those games you have to go for no assists to actually be competitive.

Whereas in CM's F1 series assists always were way too close or even faster laptimewise to no assists which basically destroys any incentive to actually learn and drive no assists racing (with the exception of F1 2013).

Imo, the difference between no assists and assists should be that asissts are at least 4 seconds slower, if FULL ASSISTS are being used.

Here's a example of how that could be achieved:

Full ABS, should make one start braking at least (20 - 40 meters) earlier than no assists.

Medium ABS, which currently doesn't exist for whatever reason, should make one start braking at least (15 - 30 meters) earlier than no assists.

Low ABS, which currently doesn't exist for whatever reason, should make one start braking at least (10 - 20 meters) earlier than no assists.

Full TC, should make acceleration at least (30 - 60 kmh) slower out of corners.

Medium TC, should make acceleration at least (20 - 40 kmh) slower out of corners.

Low TC, which currently doesn't exist for whateverreason, should make acceleration at least (10 - 20kmh) slower.

Auto Gears, should always shift up at 11500 rpm.

If all this, or a similar approach to no assists vs. assists balancing, is considered and done, the game will be more "E-Sports" friendly.

Also if some bonus extra XP or ingame cash for notrunning assists was granted to no assists driving, it would give even more incentive to the players to finally make the switch and eventually forces us all to be better drivers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

This is ridicolous. You have to accept there are people, which doesn't want to learn anything. They want to have fun. Therefore there should be competitive (not faster).

Again, this is not a full sim racing game. It is for all kinds of players.

Edited by Akkan74
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Imo there are at least 3 reasons why No Assists driving should be faster by a bigger margin:

1. Irl Assists are completely forbidden in F1.

(Since 2008 only Power Steering is available for the drivers, no ABS, no Auto Gears, No TC anymore.)

2. To make E-Sports more relevant and get more people ready to be contenders for the crown.

(If No Assists driving was faster as default, it'd make most of us better drivers eventually as we could either practice and get the reward or stay casual and have some fun races at a slower pace with friends, leaguemates or the AI.)

3. Driving with No Assists is the most fun way to play a racing game.

(It is simply boring driving with assists as it takes almost no effort to be fast and consistent with it and turns the throttle and brake pedals into on/off switches, especially in wet weather conditions and or longer race distances where it gets even trickier to not make mistakes. Of course not everyone has the time to get the hang of No Assists driving due to various reasons, but equally these type of people should be ready to face the consequence of being slower.)

Assists should do what they literally stand for, assisting people to not bin it into the wall and help newcomers and casuals to get into the game with a reasonable learning curve to eventually run No Assists.

Assists should not be 0.1 - 1.0 second slower, or even faster, to No Assists driving, because at that point it is far more convenient to run Assists and not bother to go the extra mile.

Full Assists = ca. 3 - 4 seconds slower to No Assists.

Low Assists = ca. 1.5 - 2 seconds slower to No Assists.

Regardless, it is quite the sensitive topic as those using Assists certainly don't want to get a nerf and those that do run No Assists, or plan to go the extra mile, want to get the incentive and reward.

CM have the last word.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

To react to your points:

1. It is also not in real life to manualy switch DRS on and off or to change the strategy or a pad ....

2. as stated above, you can't decide for the majority what they have to do or what they want. E-Sports isn't a big thing for everyone. I haven't seen any race of it and i'm not interested.

3. Again, this is your meaning. The game is for all kind of players.

This whole discussion (same like last year) sounds like little kids, crying at night because they are not the best and the best excuse is assists.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1