Manual start buggy?

Hy everyone,

So I just got the Legendary Edition of F1 2019. Besides that the DX12 game is crashing (maybe because the Nvidia Driver 430.86) and DX11 game is laggy and had a huge amount of FPS drops this can be a great game.

But! On my first manual start I experienced a very very bad start because of the clutch. 

I remember that in F1 2018 if I set the clutch button to the Gear Up button it was automatically gear up to 1st position, hold it and when I released it the car starts to moving.

Now with F1 2019 even if I set the clutch to any other button on my Logitech G29 wheel I can only shift up to 1 when the red ligths are off and I released the clutch button. So I will have nearly 1 second delay at the start because I cannot shift up to 1 and hold it with the clutch button just like in F1 2018. 

This is really frustrating issue and anyone else noticed this? Or is just me?

Edited by lewis930214
Fixing the title
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 9:53 PM, lewis930214 said:

Hy everyone,

So I just got the Legendary Edition of F1 2019. Besides that the DX12 game is crashing (maybe because the Nvidia Driver 430.86) and DX11 game is laggy and had a huge amount of FPS drops this can be a great game.

But! On my first manual start I experienced a very very bad start because of the clutch. 

I remember that in F1 2018 if I set the clutch button to the Gear Up button it was automatically gear up to 1st position, hold it and when I released it the car starts to moving.

Now with F1 2019 even if I set the clutch to any other button on my Logitech G29 wheel I can only shift up to 1 when the red ligths are off and I released the clutch button. So I will have nearly 1 second delay at the start because I cannot shift up to 1 and hold it with the clutch button just like in F1 2018. 

It shouldn’t be like you described.  I used to set it like you have (gear up also being clutch).  Firstly pressing clutch then did not automatically change me into gear 1, to get it to go into gear 1 I had to rev the engine too high for an optimal start and then slowly decrease to find the perfect RPM.  It’s the same on F1 2019 however there are times when I’m not concentrating for example that my car will not have been put on first gear because I didn’t rev it high enough to get the start procedure right.  I assume there is a reason they have set it up like this?  Maybe it is trying to simulate what real f1 drives have to do? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acerees said:

It shouldn’t be like you described.  I used to set it like you have (gear up also being clutch).  Firstly pressing clutch then did not automatically change me into gear 1, to get it to go into gear 1 I had to rev the engine too high for an optimal start and then slowly decrease to find the perfect RPM.  It’s the same on F1 2019 however there are times when I’m not concentrating for example that my car will not have been put on first gear because I didn’t rev it high enough to get the start procedure right.  I assume there is a reason they have set it up like this?  Maybe it is trying to simulate what real f1 drives have to do? 

Thank you for your reply.

I will try it what you did. But I think the real f1 drives do not need to go to the max rpm and then slowly decrease it. 

But I will give it a try if there is no crash during the game.

I was doing some ranked online yesterday and had the same problem at every start ruining my races as well as score. My Clutch and Throttle are mapped on the same Upshift button on my Logitech G29 wheel and when I press and hold the shift up button the car does not go into 1st gear automatically like in F1 2018. It does however indicate to me that the clutch is being held. Even letting the clutch go earlier than lights off, without 1st gear engaged, gave me a drive through for jump starting once.

It is really weird, I will compare my settings to F1 2018 to see if I changed something incorrectly, but if nothing is different then this is either a bug or I do not understand the starting procedure. Cars in IRL usually let you select 1st gear even without reving the engine higher. @Acerees

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/25/2019 at 10:53 PM, lewis930214 said:

Hy everyone,

I have a G29, too. I have no problem with race starts at all. If it helps, my clutch button is mapped to X on the wheel (along with DRS because the two are never needed at the same time).

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, drKotasz said:

I have a G29, too. I have no problem with race starts at all. If it helps, my clutch button is mapped to X on the wheel (along with DRS because the two are never needed at the same time).

I tried to map it also to a different button (with square and X also) and nothing changed. How do you start with the separate button? You holding the shift up and clutch button also together? Or you also going to the to max rpm then decreasing to optimal? If the last thing, then it is not really different from what others suggested unfortunatelly.

On 6/28/2019 at 12:40 PM, lewis930214 said:

I tried to map it also to a different button (with square and X also) and nothing changed. How do you start with the separate button? You holding the shift up and clutch button also together? Or you also going to the to max rpm then decreasing to optimal? If the last thing, then it is not really different from what others suggested unfortunatelly.

I don't touch the paddle. I only press the clutch. The car is in first gear. When the lights go out, I release the clutch button and the car starts moving. I only use the paddle for the first  time when I shift to 2nd gear.

Edited by drKotasz
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, lewis930214 said:

You only need to hold in the clutch, press te accelerator, and release the clutch once the lights go out. The first time you need to use the upshift, is when you need to go to 2nd gear for the first time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ho3n3r said:

You only need to hold in the clutch, press te accelerator, and release the clutch once the lights go out. The first time you need to use the upshift, is when you need to go to 2nd gear for the first time.

So I tested it and worked! I mapped the clutch button to paddle with shift up. But you should reach the max RPM before it goes to 1st gear. That's the trick. Push the throttle pedal to maximum, wait 1-2 secs and it will shift up to 1st gear. After it, you can decrease the throttle to reach the optimal rpm for the start (which is still different from F1 2018). 

I think this procedure makes the start a little bit harded because for 1-2 secs you cannot see the red lights and in optimal situation you just miss 2-3 red lights. But now it is okay and thank you very much for everyone who shared this info with me and also with the community.  

By the way, what is the best RPM for the start? I just try to hold it at 90%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea I watched a few YouTube video about it... Sounds like them matching F1 pre start routing 🤨

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem as you had earlier, but i did the changes and tried but still it won't work. What are your settings, "Manual" gears or "Manual With Clutch"? 

Nevermind. I worked it out by mapping both clutches, and having "Manual with Clutch". 

Edited by AmR64

I got the same problem, and haven`t got a clue about where to look for the answer to this.
It`s a big thing to me, can`t do any kinds of starts(formation lap, race start, start after pitstop)
The clutch doesnt work no matter what button I use as my clutch, so frustrating man.
It must be an error in the game or something??? I mean I have changed EVERYTHING, all my fanatec gear, I also switched from PS to PC,
so anybody please tell me what wrong! Are there other settings than the in game setting(manual,manual with clutch) and the controller in game controller setting
where you choose which button does what?

Best Regards,
Martin

On 10/27/2019 at 7:03 PM, knowyourphone said:

Hi everyone I am on patch 1.35 and i still have this problem and tried everything that was in here

If you use a wheel with a gear stick connected then make sure that the gear stick is in NEUTRAL and not in a gear. I fixed my starting issues that way. Not really an issue really it was just a silly mistake on my end.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2019 at 2:31 AM, MrGhostO1O said:

If you use a wheel with a gear stick connected then make sure that the gear stick is in NEUTRAL and not in a gear. I fixed my starting issues that way. Not really an issue really it was just a silly mistake on my end.

Ur literally a god

• Haha 1

I do wish the game had a skill practice area where stuff like starts can be practiced over and over without having to restart the race like now. Codies could even make it a leaderboard as long as assists were separated. It would be like a drag race format. 0-400 meters or 0-1000 meters for example. Even better if they did it for each track. Places like Monaco, Baku and Singapore it'd vital you get a good start!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, DerCico98 said:

Ur literally a god

Dude, it's been five months but thanks! 😂