Just installed F1 2018 on a windows PC with

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134)
Intel Core i7-950 @ 3.07GHz
8GB RAM
MSI RX Vega 56 Air Boost (8GB OC)

Game settings for display are the default ones

First, it was crashing while loading a track (any track, from any area -career, time trial, circuit, etc.) and now it crashes right from the beginning -while still loading the game.

Through Steam, I verified game files, have the latest game updates, even disabled cloud storage, but nothing...

11 minutes ago, vsiatr said:

Just installed F1 2018 on a windows PC with

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134)
Intel Core i7-950 @ 3.07GHz
8GB RAM
MSI RX Vega 56 Air Boost (8GB OC)

Game settings for display are the default ones

First, it was crashing while loading a track (any track, from any area -career, time trial, circuit, etc.) and now it crashes right from the beginning -while still loading the game.

Through Steam, I verified game files, have the latest game updates, even disabled cloud storage, but nothing...

Have you read the Known issues? AMD RX Vega might need the Geometry culling turned off, you edit the hardware_settings_config.xml (it's one of the last entries)? Wasn't turned on for my card (RX580) but I don't have access to the final game yet.

41 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Have you read the Known issues? AMD RX Vega might need the Geometry culling turned off, you edit the hardware_settings_config.xml (it's one of the last entries)? Wasn't turned on for my card (RX580) but I don't have access to the final game yet.

There's no such setting in hardware_settings_config (complete file attached)

Also (from the known issues) it seems that the game is not running in DX12 (in hardware_settings_info it says ...<graphics_card name="Radeon RX Vega" directx_version="11"...) and although I have MSI Afterburner installed, it is not running, so nothing from there too

I do see though that the AMD application has a ton of settings for the card and also a special profile created for the specific game (after I installed it) that also contains game settings that might get injected to the config files or I don't know where... and somehow affect the display settings

hardware_settings_config.xml

23 minutes ago, vsiatr said:

There's no such setting in hardware_settings_config (complete file attached)

Also (from the known issues) it seems that the game is not running in DX12 (in hardware_settings_info it says ...<graphics_card name="Radeon RX Vega" directx_version="11"...) and although I have MSI Afterburner installed, it is not running, so nothing from there too

I do see though that the AMD application has a ton of settings for the card and also a special profile created for the specific game (after I installed it) that also contains game settings that might get injected to the config files or I don't know where... and somehow affect the display settings

hardware_settings_config.xml

It was worth a shot, my config had cs_culling="false" towards the end. It's a pity the post doesn't give more detailed explanation of the way to correct it (I assume simply to set it to false if it is entered as true). I don't currently have any F1 game installed, but I pulled the config files for F1 2018 and another of the beta and that entry was in the beta config and not in the F1 2018 config. Edit: I see it's an option in the Advanced Setup (Graphics) early part of the video, it's possibly not an option in the DX11 version?

Anyway, it's supposed to be the dog's https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/f1-2019-pc-performance-analysis/

Edited by steviejay69