Sudden FPS drop F1 2019

Question

I was playing F1 2019 this morning and was comfortably getting over 60fps, now I've moved my PC to a different house with no internet currently, and when I booted it up I'm running at a maximum of 20fps.

The game is running on the same machine, the only difference is the monitor and the lack of internet.

could this be DRM capping my performance?

3 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Imexe said:

I was playing F1 2019 this morning and was comfortably getting over 60fps, now I've moved my PC to a different house with no internet currently, and when I booted it up I'm running at a maximum of 20fps.

The game is running on the same machine, the only difference is the monitor and the lack of internet.

could this be DRM capping my performance?

Update: I have since used the hotspot from my phone to go online, and now a smooth, high frame rate. I guess F1 2019 confirmed for DRM?

34 minutes ago, Imexe said:

I believe the DRM is responsible for the game's long load time on startup, but not sure about framerate. 

The Denuvo DRM is surely doing some strange things when it comes to fps from the game.

Last year, in F1 2018, I along with other people, was complaining about gamefreezes/framedrops. I also indicated it could have something to do with Denuvo, but I didn't get a complete answer on that from Codies.

Do I think there can definitely be a correlation between Denuvo and fps, although I can't confirm this.

As I haven't got F1 2019 yet, I can't really test it out.