Sign in to follow this  

What we need in F1 2015

1, We need a Dirt and F1 2012 style menu where drivers can walk around the Paddock/living quarters with more depth than the two mentioned titles.
2, Formation Laps.
3, Customizable driver names on the cars and racing suits for added realism.
4, Much better helmet designs and customizable helmets.
5, Original F1 Theme song for the opening sequence.

My main gripe is the very poor online system.  Setting up 1 race at a time makes online play slow tedious and frustrating.
Why in gods name can a player not host a mini season, ie 2 ,6, 8  races of the hosts choice, rather than have to return the the main page after each race..  
It would also be good if a player could actually join in qualifying, practice or even the race and start from the pitlane.  
I hear many people say "but who actually plays f1 online?"  well not many people due to the poor menu layout and game formats.

And on a slightly different note,  If you want more players, and more media attention,  how about actually utilizing the online play and the global capability and arrange Online tournaments thay result in a few games with an actual F1 driver / drivers or even test drivers...  This could all be broadcast on youtube, Sony Tv,  streamed Live for interested fans of the game and sport 
This would bring attention to F1 "they keep harping on about needing new fans"  It would increase the profile of all participating REAL F1 drivers, It would bring F1 closer to the fans "again something the F1 management have been saying is an issue for years"

The grand prize could be the race with real f1 drivers, a years contract in a small open wheel race series, tuition from an f1 driver.    Just think of the marketing potential here guys.  all this could be broadcast.  the fact that most modern F1 drivers readily admit to playing these games from time to time just baffles me with regards to your marketing dept.  

Anyway, that is my rant over and I hope someone who thinks outside the box actually reads this

Kind regards ( feel free to contact me with regards to a marketing development role within the company,  LOL )

George Angus

Drivers for the Logitech Steering Wheels FFS!
Online open Practice/Time trial sessions with invite features
No Traction Control option online at all

Realistically speaking, F1 2015 should focus on getting the physics, AI, career and online right first and foremost since they're the most important parts. If that's all good, then that's when the focus should shift to these optional extras. It's all good having these features but if, as a result of their inclusion, the racing is poor then what's the point in them?

As much as I want most of the features mentioned in this thread (I'd even endorse things such as formation laps, more immersive career modes etc), I'm not expecting to see much new in this game and I'd also say don't be disappointed if a lot of the requested features aren't included. If the racing is good straight from the word go and it has requested features, then obviously that's excellent. Better to keep expectations realistic and be pleasantly surprised than to get the expectations too high and end up disappointed.

Today there was a Safety-car on the first lap of the first race of the 2015 Season.  If there's no SC available on the first lap in the game, I won't be buying it.

After playing project cars using the oculus rift I can't see me playing any racing game any other way, it's just mind blowing.  So if it hasn't got dk2 support I won't  be getting it.