Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Will Mclaren be available to start your career with

as they are slow and probably going to be at the back of grid, as it's normally the slowest teams, to be selectable , yes

Personally, I think it'll be Manor, Toro Rosso or Sauber

You could pick from any team in f1 2014 couldn't you? And with 2014 & 2015 cars on this years game there is no guarantee yet that career mode will only be 2015 cars

Sorry, I have not played since 2013, as I changed to next gen, I was thinking maybe career team choice stays the same way.. Of years gone by

I liked how f1ce was. U had to earn a drive for a lower range team. Instead of jumping into whatever u like as in 2014 

I liked how f1ce was. U had to earn a drive for a lower range team. Instead of jumping into whatever u like as in 2014 
I agree that's the way I prefer to do it, but you can just do that anyway. You don't need to be limited to that to actually do that

I loved the F1CE way of doing it. Although back then there wasn't a ban on testing in-season. So it made more sense to have test-driver role then it does right now. Would be cool though to be a test driver to start out with, making the choice between a race contract with tail-enders, or a test driver (doing a bunch of FP1 tests) for a high ranked team.

Personally I prefer to have the option of choosing whatever team I want. Most of the time I want a low ranked team as I want to work my way up. But in real life there are examples of drivers making their debuts for top teams (Hamilton, Magnussen (Kevin, not Jan), Grosjean). So occasionally I would like to restart the career with a top team instead of going through the same stuff again with a low ranked team.

Perhaps CM can make it so that initially career only allows low ranked teams, but once you've worked your way up and won the championship, all teams are unlocked for you to restart your career at.

APR193 said:
I agree that's the way I prefer to do it, but you can just do that anyway. You don't need to be limited to that to actually do that
so do I but in fairness all the CM games were like that too at least up to 2014anyway. On the older ones I tended to start with Caterham and worked from there but on 2014 I went with McLaren

Why can't they start career mode with test day in Barcelona, as a driver doing what a engineers have planned for you...rather than doing nothing but lap after lap trying just to go fast, as we know speed comes as testing improves

I mean basic car settings: wing angles/suspension/ride heights.. Etc.. Perhaps basic/advanced training.. All over games do it , fifa learns you skills, cod shooting skills

I like the idea of having to earn a seat with a top team but the way career works with no R@d on the players car but AI have all of them plus run assists so the advantage they have in 14 is huge! Some teams/cars are not to bad to start with but some im nearlly 3 sec off what I can do in GP mode. Wouldn't mind if just my team mate had no R@D as imo that is the first person anyone wants to beat. Id like to see sliders for difficulty levels as least that way Im not either 1-2 sec quicker than the mercs on expert or 1-2 sec slower than massa my team mate on legend.