Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Thrustmaster t300rs vs old Xbox 360 wheel

Hey all, thinking about getting the Thrustmaster wheel above for the new game and was wondering what if any differences there are between the old Xbox wheel (what I've used before) and the Thrustmaster one. See I'd expect some major improvement going off the price difference but then I don't really have any experience with these things

cheers lewi

The T500RS has the shifters on the wheelbase, rather than the wheel itself, making for some odd gear shifting in turns.
I use the TX, seems to do the job.

I bought the t300 3 weeks ago and i love it, it feels amazing and you dont have the gear paddles on the base like the t500 which is awkward to use, the t300 has really good forcefeedback, the only downside is if you dont have a wheel stand and you have the pedals on the floor like me they tend to move around a bit, but put something weighted behind them and it fixes it :) i bought the thrustmaster t3pa pedals (with the clutch) and a Thrustmaster T8HA shifter, bought these for project cars

T500rs you get the f1 swap wheel
It's the same for the T300RS. The T500RS has been superseded with the T300RS. It has smoother belts, less free rotation stiffness plus the gear paddles are on the wheel, not the base. The pedals on the T300RS  are not as good but with the conical brake mod, it fixes the issue regarding the progressive brake feeling.