Sign in to follow this  

Official hud f1 rolex 2019

I would like a more intelligent HUD. At qualifying with Sauber i am not interested in the gap to pole, but the gap to 16th place is important and i didn‘t see any option to ask Jeff about it. 

Also the sector times and colors. I would like to have against the place i need, e.g. 15th in Q1. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

they really could have invested a little more time and heart in their screens if they already claim the have implemented the official broadcast brandmark.

This is how the end result screen looks like in the game:

F1-2019-20190626232437

and this is how it looks like in a broadcast and how it should be in the game:

2B

here is a screen of how the timings look on monitor while in garage:

F1-2019-20190626232420

and this is how it should look using the official broadcast style:

F1-2019-20190626232420

Edited by AllenB2609
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Raymy said:

You said you were a racing driver. So either the racing driver, the cockpit camera and the HUD off. Only MFD on.

oh that's the answer? well I can answer like that as well.

You like the TV broadcast style? Well stop playing F1 games and watch F1 on TV. Problem solved 🙄

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

they really could have invested a little more time and heart in their screens if they already claim the have implemented the official broadcast brandmark.

This is how the end result screen looks like in the game:

F1-2019-20190626232437

and this is how it looks like in a broadcast and how it should be in the game:

2B

here is a screen of how the timings look on monitor while in garage:

F1-2019-20190626232420

and this is how it should look using the official broadcast style:

F1-2019-20190626232420

oh yes this is better but I don't have troubles with the font in the menus. OK they are ugly but I have time to look at them. The problem with the unreadable HUD stays the same even if they stop using bold fonts in the HUD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

oh that's the answer? well I can answer like that as well.

You like the TV broadcast style? Well stop playing F1 games and watch F1 on TV. Problem solved 🙄

No...we wanna play the "official" licensed f1 game! :classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, MrStef85 said:

No...we wanna play the "official" licensed f1 game! :classic_biggrin:

Play? Ruin you mean?! 🤧

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Play? Ruin you mean?! 🤧

Nope..Codemasters can make it optional. It's your opinion that they ruin the game, if they use the official broadcast hud. Other palyers have a different opinion. Don't get me wrong: It's a good game, but for an "official" licensed f1 product it's not very authentic or could be better.

Edited by MrStef85

4 minutes ago, MrStef85 said:

Nope..Codemasters can make it optional. It's your opinion that they ruin the game, if they use the official broadcast hud. Other palyers have a different opinion. Don't get me wrong: It's a good game, but for an "official" licensed f1 product it's not very authentic or could be better.

F1 2018 was already the most authentic F1 game ever released but oh the HUD did not look like what people who don't race get to see on their screens 🙄

it's not optional isn't it?! The game is ruined because of this whole TV broadcast style nonse. Even the strongest advocates for this stupid HUD confirmed they have problems reading the HUD. But who cares? it has to look like the real thing, it does not have to be useful so let's blame on the font size 🤧

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

oh, to je odpověď? dobře mohu odpovědět stejně.

Líbí se vám styl televizního vysílání? No přestaň hrát F1 hry a dívat se na F1 v televizi. Problém vyřešen 🙄

I don't mind because I have an HUD turned off in the cockpit. Only MFD on. But if I play just for fun, I have onboard TV cam and turned on the official "themed" HUD. And yes, this moment i like it.

9 hours ago, MrStef85 said:

Yes, especially after what they said to the press

• Agree 2

Are people seriously struggling to read the HUD?  Wow the HUD is so simplistic with way too little information how could it be hard to read? 

I want the authentic experience so I would love to have TV style graphics across the board.  The position indicator only showing the guy ahead and behind you is my biggest gripe...Ideally I would like the full grid but even if they can implement Pcars system of showing the top 3 and the guy in front and behind you, so 6 in total, would work wonders.  If you are placed top 4 then it shows the top 6.

again, they should just allow us to choose how many drivers we want listed in the tower and make 3 letter abbreviations optional. Permanent gaps to all other drivers would also help a lot for your race strategy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

F1 2018 was already the most authentic F1 game ever released but oh the HUD did not look like what people who don't race get to see on their screens 🙄

it's not optional isn't it?! The game is ruined because of this whole TV broadcast style nonse. Even the strongest advocates for this stupid HUD confirmed they have problems reading the HUD. But who cares? it has to look like the real thing, it does not have to be useful so let's blame on the font size 🤧

I agree it certainly isn't great in game and I advocate for the official style. However this is because Codies have implemented a bad version of the official graphics seen in races. If they actually did this correctly, it would be so much better and legible for all (if you chose to use the HUD - if you don't use the HUD then it surely doesn't matter how it looks).

Bring in the HUD customisation for consoles and I think this could help people seeing as you can resize all parts. Quite intrigued to know with this customisation if you are able to resize the flags box to the width of the entire screen and have the top half of it (with the wording i.e. Caution ahead) off screen leaving just the flag colour below the top of the screen. 

34 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

again, they should just allow us to choose how many drivers we want listed in the tower and make 3 letter abbreviations optional. Permanent gaps to all other drivers would also help a lot for your race strategy.

I think the 3 letter abbreviations should be permanent. Have this displayed along with their full name in the garage, driver line up and results screens so you can match them up but for on screen only 3 letters.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, FIE said:

F1 2019 CONCEPT INGAME OFFICIAL HUD

@Faya @jennyannem THIS IS WHAT WE WANT! PLAY!

I'd still prefer the whole list of drivers. 6 is still too few...

Edited by AllenB2609

46 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

But for the Quali sessions it would be great, because in Q1 you are mainly racing against P15. The clip shows the optimal Quali HUD for me. I like it.

Another thing. Why stays the ERS bar full during the lap?

• Agree 1