Sign in to follow this  

Can I drive career without Weber and Devon when skipping F2?

Sorry if this has already been asked. I did a search and haven’t found anything. 

For me it’s important to drive the career mode with all real drivers in the other teams and not with that two chumps from F2. Is this possible when skipping the F2 introduction? If not I probably won’t buy. 

On another note. It would be great to actually tell the game before starting a career what you have achieved so far as a F1 driver. Meaning I play Career since 2010 so I don’t want to start as rookie every year when I buy the new game. So the game should treat you differently. I know this would mean more coding for interviews and stuff but maybe even not. I never played more than one season so I don’t know how the game works when you are in the 10 season and you are two times world champion. 

Anyway sorry for off topic. Hope somebody can answer my first question.

Hi, no it's not possible to drive the career mode without Weber and Butler.

To play with all the real drivers you have to go through the championship mode

It is possible to play the career mode without Devon and Weber. When you start your career mode when it asks you to select your F2 team, bottom right there will be a button prompt to skip feeder series, and then you just start in F1 with all the real drivers, like 2018, although the game does need a update because the car performance tree in R&D is the same as 2018, even down to the point where Red Bull have the same engine performance as the Renault powered cars and Torro Rosso are worse

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/27/2019 at 4:17 PM, Ronage6 said:

Thanks guys. I hope the second answer is the correct one. 

It is the correct one. I was really hyped with F2 in career mode, but extremely disappointed with Weber and Butler being there and having now way of taking them out of F2 career mode. So I've skipped the feeder series as he said and now I'm on the F1 career only with the real F1 drivers and my driver.