Why did codemasters remove the option to invite friends on ranked?

Let's be honest here, most of us isn't playing this game alone and in unranked lobbies you can't get CP. In 2018 you could invite friends to your ranked games now you can't, I think codies really f'd up with that one as ranked is the only way to get CP and they just made it all the more frustrating that you can't even play with friends in it anymore.

Any info on a future update about letting you actually play with your friends for 80 dollars?

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Maybe because ranked is supposed to put together people of similar skill and safety rating?

Just think about it, if people invite their friends into ranked mode, there will always be that random safety rank D guy taking everyone out, because that inexperienced or even troll fella got "invited".

Was very frustrating last year to see that over and over again, thankfully they fixed it.

Now the grids are more even.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

3 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Maybe because ranked is supposed to put together people of similar skill and safety rating?

Just think about it, if people invite their friends into ranked mode, there will always be that random safety rank D guy taking everyone out, because that inexperienced or even troll fella got "invited".

Was very frustrating last year to see that over and over again, thankfully they fixed it.

Let's be honest, it will go that way now as well. I used to play ranked alot with friends but now we can't all be bothered.

6 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Oh yes. Because one thing I haven't seen this year yet is someone with a safety rating S crashing deliberately into someone... /s

7 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

I've never seen more diverse grids in my life, people are getting lapped in 5 lapper races and there still are people who take eachother out, the only thing codies achived is that no-one from my league plays ranked cuz what's the point when you can't play with friends

• Agree 2

I am surprised that people write more often, but nowhere is there official information about disabling the "invite friends" network for ranked games.

7 hours ago, Maplelel said:

I've never seen more diverse grids in my life, people are getting lapped in 5 lapper races and there still are people who take eachother out, the only thing codies achived is that no-one from my league plays ranked cuz what's the point when you can't play with friends

Don't you think that is due to the game just been released and everyone (pro and noob) start on the same level. This should even itself out in a few weeks, I guess.

22 hours ago, Aljudifa said:

Don't you think that is due to the game just been released and everyone (pro and noob) start on the same level. This should even itself out in a few weeks, I guess.

Don't get your hopes up. Seen already alot of A and S who drive like it's a Stockcar F1 car. Same as last game. Only difference is that less people will play it including me and my friends in the league I'm in.

R.I.P ranked lobbies.

On 6/28/2019 at 7:27 PM, F1XL Roland said:

Don't get your hopes up. Seen already alot of A and S who drive like it's a Stockcar F1 car. Same as last game. Only difference is that less people will play it including me and my friends in the league I'm in.

R.I.P ranked lobbies.

Well said RIP ranked lobbies!

removing the option for us to be able to invite friends to race against online, bad move in my book and it has taken away a lot of the enjoyment from the last game where we could do this. I am loving the game otherwise so let’s just hope they add this back in to multiplayer, and quickly

• Like 1

We have no intention of boosting but I take your point. They should not spoil the enjoyment by removing the 

friends invite option, it needs to be added back in. A bigger issue than boosting would be to deal with the loonies who charge you off the track at every opportunity. I am safety rated S and my mate A, we don’t do this and want to race fairly online with other players, but in the same lobby like last time out.

13 minutes ago, breezyskells22 said:

might be due to the risk of boosting someone ranked when 2 known people are invole

Yeah but who the hell cares. Let the kids boost each other (never seen that) but dont take us a game mode we enjoined playing together.