Braking glitch on f1 2019

I have been playing the first few rounds of my career mode I did the F2 content and signed with Alfa Romeo. Once I got into the career mode however I noticed that the racing line wasn't working properly. When I would brake where the racing line would tell me too, I would carry too much speed into the corner. I started to compensate for this and was braking 50 m earlier this seemed to work. However when I got to the 4th round which is Baku, I noticed that in practice, this glitch made Baku unplayable it was impossible to take a corner at the correct speed I would either clatter into the wall because I carried too much speed or take the corner at a ridiculously slow speed. I've now started to wonder if the racing line isn't the problem and weather it could just be a glitch with the car any possible solutions? The racing line works fine on any other mode and I even started a career where I skipped F2 and then skipped all the way to Baku and the racing line was fine. Thanks in advance 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Can confirm for the most part, brakes are certainly a bit less powerful as in F1 2018 it seems, but it's great that it is far easier to lock up now.

Do you use ABS, and a Custom Car Setup? 

ABS does increase braking distance and reduces maneuverability under braking, try to turn it off.

With custom car setups you have to fiddle around with the brakes (maybe higher brake pressure with a bit of a rearward bias to counter lock ups ever so slightly) and see what fits your driving style and check your suspension settings (stiffness, and height).

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error

I thought turning ABS may work but the braking works fine in grand prix mode at Baku even with ABS turned on. I'm starting to think theres a glitch with my car in career mode

To be honest braking F1 car or any car without ABS on non loadcell pedal is so unreal and difficult

• Agree 1

There is definitely something off with braking with ABS on. On dry tires is not that bad, car feels a little bit heavier but i can decelerate before corner, when i start braking on yellow marker in racing line. But the problem start with wet tires, cuz i can't decelerate at all if i start braking on yellow marker or little before. I understand that assist should make you slower, and I'm ok with that, cuz I only play single player modes, so i can adjust difficulty level. But racing line should at least properly show me, when i must start braking with wet tires. Right now, racing on the rain is impossible, for a filthy casual like me.

52 minutes ago, Neomo said:

To be honest braking F1 car or any car without ABS on non loadcell pedal is so unreal and difficult

I run with ABS OFF and i do not have a Loadcell Pedal and I don't find any difficulty with it. I've adjusted my Brake Saturation to between 15-20% which i find helps to compensate for pressure and i have no issues with braking. I can even push my braking deeper than the suggested brake lines (which i don't use anymore as I have found them personally not really accurate).  Try it out and see what you think.

10 minutes ago, HauptmannSeba said:

There is definitely something off with braking with ABS on. On dry tires is not that bad, car feels a little bit heavier but i can decelerate before corner, when i start braking on yellow marker in racing line. But the problem start with wet tires, cuz i can't decelerate at all if i start braking on yellow marker or little before. I understand that assist should make you slower, and I'm ok with that, cuz I only play single player modes, so i can adjust difficulty level. But racing line should at least properly show me, when i must start braking with wet tires. Right now, racing on the rain is impossible, for a filthy casual like me.

Your point is demonstrated quite well in this clip --> 

In my opinion it's just a bug currently with the full wet tyres (when ABS is enabled), the inters aren't as bad. Hopefully codemasters have already realised this and will fix soon.

Yep, my braking on wet tires looks just like that. On dry tires is not that bad, some corners are more difficult for me, compared to last year F1 Game but i can work on them more or less. But racing on the rain is just a death sentence for me right now. Anyway thanks for the video, I apreciate that.

49 minutes ago, bluwaters said:

I run with ABS OFF and i do not have a Loadcell Pedal and I don't find any difficulty with it. I've adjusted my Brake Saturation to between 15-20% which i find helps to compensate for pressure and i have no issues with braking. I can even push my braking deeper than the suggested brake lines (which i don't use anymore as I have found them personally not really accurate).  Try it out and see what you think.

Iam fine with LC but thanks

• Agree 1

I noticed the braking distance in Alfa was quite poor initially, but after chassis upgrades, performance is better, so get working on that RnD

In the case of ABS it seems the change is not so much to nerf the aid but to cripple it especially in wet weather. 

An observation I've made by NOT using ABS from the 2018 game is that even if you slam the brake pedal down in the wet the car WILL lock the wheels but still slow down in a straight line and in the same distance as if you hadnt locked the wheels. The car should lock wheels AND slowly rotate in a slide but it never did for me. Once I got used to this I didn't take so much care with the braking. 

With locked wheels the car loses all benefit of gyroscopic stability and should be impossible to keep in a straight line. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the replies, I does just seem to be a mix of the Alfa being a poor car to begin with and the fact that the racing line isn't accurate while using ABS Hopefully they can patch that. I must say though that I did do the 1st race in Australia in full wet conditions and the braking seemed fine for me

Edited by CallumF

37 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

In the case of ABS it seems the change is not so much to nerf the aid but to cripple it especially in wet weather. 

An observation I've made by NOT using ABS from the 2018 game is that even if you slam the brake pedal down in the wet the car WILL lock the wheels but still slow down in a straight line and in the same distance as if you hadnt locked the wheels. The car should lock wheels AND slowly rotate in a slide but it never did for me. Once I got used to this I didn't take so much care with the braking. 

With locked wheels the car loses all benefit of gyroscopic stability and should be impossible to keep in a straight line. 

ABS has always been, to an extent "nerfed", more so this year than ever before from initial testing. However the issue at hand here is that the racing line completely does not match up with the braking points whilst ABS is enabled in full wet conditions. Where as the racing line braking points are completely fine with ABS on dry and inter conditions. I think the issue here is a tyre bug with ABS in full wet, or maybe even a racing line issue, not a nerf.

1 hour ago, jordb_ said:

ABS has always been, to an extent "nerfed", more so this year than ever before from initial testing. However the issue at hand here is that the racing line completely does not match up with the braking points whilst ABS is enabled in full wet conditions. Where as the racing line braking points are completely fine with ABS on dry and inter conditions. I think the issue here is a tyre bug with ABS in full wet, or maybe even a racing line issue, not a nerf.

Maybe the answer is that ABS is not programed to work like proper ABS but instead just dials down all your brake inputs by say like 50%. If the racing line is not affected by ABS being on it may only show the braking points the car is supposed to use with ABS OFF. That would explain this issue. Can someone do a few laps same track with abs off and then on and see if the racing line brake points are exactly the same? Because they SHOULD be slightly different as ABS is gonna be less effective than an expert driver for example. Plus also test if the braking points change in the wet at all or are they the same as in the dry? I've just got a sneaky feeling the ABS is not so much overkill but not ABS at all because otherwise it should stop faster. Hope I explained that well enough! 

I see what you are trying to say (& you could be right hehe :P) but lets say you WERE right about them dialing down the brake inputs the game it would be consistent in all conditions, and it isnt. As I said the racing line works well for both ABS on in dry and inter conditions, but in full wet the people who use the line are left guessing where to brake. Codies either have to relook at how the line works for ABS users (making braking zones longer) or make ABS stronger in full wet conditions.

It's currently hurting the casual player who plays career for example in dynamic conditions and are left a bit screwed in full wet conditions.

This isn't a debate about "how powerful ABS should be" it's rather about polishing up the game.

And you did explain it well enough, hopefully I did too with my reply!

I having same issue has any one  upgraded the brakes on rnd to see if any diffrence hopefully its just part of the rnd and car development 

23 hours ago, bluwaters said:

I cant seem to set Brake saturation right if you want 15% do you set number 15 or number 85 then. Because i tried both and brakes seem to be equally sensitive.

23 hours ago, jordb_ said:

Your point is demonstrated quite well in this clip --> 

In my opinion it's just a bug currently with the full wet tyres (when ABS is enabled), the inters aren't as bad. Hopefully codemasters have already realised this and will fix soon.

I don't see the problem, have you to tried to slow down hard in a real car  with abs?

Abs is not a guarantee you will make the stop in time it's a aid to help you stop locking up.

To many was depending on ABS to help them break late and win and not away to help them move to assist free racing.

5 minutes ago, Hygradeb said:

I don't see the problem, have you to tried to slow down hard in a real car  with abs?

Abs is not a guarantee you will make the stop in time it's a aid to help you stop locking up.

To many was depending on ABS to help them break late and win and not away to help them move to assist free racing.

You are missing the point, this is not a debate about "how ABS ON should perform". The issue is the racing line shows the incorrect braking point for ABS users in full wet conditions. 

50 minutes ago, jordb_ said:

You are missing the point, this is not a debate about "how ABS ON should perform". The issue is the racing line shows the incorrect braking point for ABS users in full wet conditions. 

The racing line is actually broken in all conditions with ABS on

https://youtu.be/U6BZGg9eTe0

4 minutes ago, c3ix said:

The racing line is actually broken in all conditions with ABS on

https://youtu.be/U6BZGg9eTe0

Oof. I haven't experienced that myself on PC at Bahrain. Have you tried running 90-100% brake pressure and 52% brake bias?

5 minutes ago, jordb_ said:

Oof. I haven't experienced that myself on PC at Bahrain. Have you tried running 90-100% brake pressure and 52% brake bias?

Yes. Problem stays the same.