Rear lights not working on Ps4 [ZX]

Question

As the title says: rear rain lights not working on any of the cars in inclement conditions or during energy harvesting on PS4 pro. Anyone else have this issue? 

Aloso the steering wheel animation goes crazy in cockpit view as soon as the car crosses the finish line every time. 

• Agree 3

On 7/2/2019 at 6:31 AM, SturmDesTodes said:

Irl, if harvest mode is selected the red backlight turns on and blinks at a faster rate, if i remember correctly that was the case in the infamous crash of Rosberg and Hamilton in Spain 2016 as well.

Also irl, during rainy weather the red backlight starts to have a increased rate of blinking when on straights and a slow rate in the corners, whereas in game both seems to be absent.

Well really this is important. Because Like @SturmDesTodes said. It will let you know when they are slowing down and when they are low on battery. Great for Online races.

Hi all,

I've merged a couple of threads together that were about the same issue. Thanks!

Posted (edited)
patch 1.04, rear lights still do not work in pr4 PRO, disappointment.

Edited by HeisenbergBBr

11 hours ago, HeisenbergBBr said:

patch 1.04, rear lights still do not work in pr4 PRO, disappointment.

Agreed.  IT looks like its only on the ps4 pro!

Can we get an update if this will be fixed in the upcoming patch?

(ps4 pro, all modes / races, all cars f1 & f2) 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Chiron said:

Can we get an update if this will be fixed in the upcoming patch?

(ps4 pro, all modes / races, all cars f1 & f2) 

The "funny" part is that if you are driving in rain (heavy rain in my case) you do see the light reflecting on the ground, but the lights itself on the car is not visible. Ps4 Pro

Edited by GioProductions
Console using added

On 7/3/2019 at 1:59 AM, Camza2011 said:

As nice as it would be to have this changed in the game I personally feel they have more important things to be coding.

As I would like to have those cosmetic gimmicks, the broken online ranking system and not working trophies should be their priority right now. And of course the whole stability of the game, but that's obvious thing. 

14 hours ago, Patricko said:

As I would like to have those cosmetic gimmicks, the broken online ranking system and not working trophies should be their priority right now. And of course the whole stability of the game, but that's obvious thing. 

I love to play offline and the lack of working rear lights are bothering me.

It is true that they also should fix the other stuff. But there are other topics for that. 

i got that problem from day one which on 28th June still waiting for it to be fixed and ERS is slow recharging other then that game is working fine really enjoying it 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Chiron said:

It seems the lights are fixed with the upcoming patch, 1.05. It will drop in 1-2 weeks. 

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/07/f1-2019-performance-updates-and-patch-1-05-notes/

Awesome! Great news, haven’t purchased the game yet and this is one of the reasons I am holding off. It’s something that would have irritated me a lot every time I played. Off topic, but it’s also welcome news to read that CM are adding the 90 year logo to the Ferrari, it won’t look so plain now.

Edited by chen255

So they seem to work now. But not correctly? The ERS modes doesn't make a difference. 

They always go on and off on the players car and the AI cars at the same places on the tracks.

1 hour ago, Chiron said:

So they seem to work now. But not correctly? The ERS modes doesn't make a difference. 

They always go on and off on the players car and the AI cars at the same places on the tracks.

I noticed this also on my Ps4 Pro with Patch 1.05.

@Faya, are you aware of this? If you need more info, please let us know

• Like 1

Really? How disappointing. I know there are quite a few things to fix but two of them that I would like are the ERS lights to deploy correctly and for the steering to show for pitbox entry and exit. I’m sticking with 2017 (skipped last years due to being unhappy with its problems) until CM sort the game out, or I won’t be buying this years either.

On 7/2/2019 at 10:13 PM, AlexTT said:

Partially true, i looked it up on FIA website.

goes back to 2014😱

Of course it's true, it cuts in when the battery deployment stops as the maximum amount of energy has been used that lap. That isn't controlled by the driver, he has his foot down and the ERS is spent. Or the car goes into a limp-mode in the ECU.

I believe the system is also activated when Race Control declares the race 'Wet' conditions, you will see the Rain symbol on on-track warning repeaters.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:20 PM, GioProductions said:

I noticed this also on my Ps4 Pro with Patch 1.05.

@Faya, are you aware of this? If you need more info, please let us know

Yep, even when I'm still full throttle the light comes on, whilst when i let my foor off the gas mid straight line it does nothing, where it should.

plus the light doesn't blink fast as it should in regen mode

Posted (edited)

So have the ers lights been sorted out yet? Do the player and ai cars ers lights still light up at exactly the same places instead of differently according to different stratagies of the player and ai?

Edited by chen255

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, chen255 said:

So have the ers lights been sorted out yet? Do the player and ai cars ers lights still light up at exactly the same places instead of differently according to different stratagies of the player and ai?

Nop..still the same. I hope Codemasters can fix this! I find this an important point to fix also, because if this work correct, it can help in racing to be aware what the cars in front of you are doing.

@Faya I think Codemasters is busy now with the Ps4 (Pro) issues on patch 1.06 but i think this is also something to have a look at, regarding how the ERS light should work instead of the way they are working in the game at this moment (Patch 1.06)

Do you agree?

Edited by GioProductions
Extra info
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I agree, absolutely. I’m glad I haven’t purchased the game yet, I’m standing by and watching to see what the patches fix and what they break. I’ll bail on buying this game if they don’t fix this and some of the other issues, as I did with last years. Some issues I can live with, some I can’t.

Personally speaking I don’t play online so whatever is going on there doesn’t affect me. Things I want sorted are to have the ers lights working properly, ers strategies to not be scripted to the player, fix the super fast helicopter and cease the silly mid season driver transfers which are a feature that have become a bug. All these things just kill the immersion for me.

One thing CM have fixed is that the drivers steering actions now work when entering and leaving the pits. So good on them for that.

Edited by chen255

Should we make a new topic regarding the ERS light not blinking the way they should be in real life?

I am afraid Codemasters isn't looking at this topic because it is about the lights not working at all on Ps4.

There is a topic about the ai ers being set to be the same as the players, perhaps the ers lights tie in with that. If that gets fixed maybe the lights will be as well.

Posted (edited)

Do we have somewere the official rules regarding the back light of the F1 cars? How it should work with ERS, Rain etc.

I could not find it. This way we can make a new topic regarding this (after patch 1.06 issues are solved?) to Codemasters.

Any information would be helpful to start a new topic regarding this issue.

Edited by GioProductions
Extra info