Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rear lights not working on Ps4 [ZX]

As the title says: rear rain lights not working on any of the cars in inclement conditions or during energy harvesting on PS4 pro. Anyone else have this issue? 

Aloso the steering wheel animation goes crazy in cockpit view as soon as the car crosses the finish line every time. 

Come to think of it I havent seen the rear lights on wing at all xbox s hope this gets sorted as the would really come in handy for wet races especially have codies even designed them into the rear wing for got all about the cars having the lights on wing 

Can anyone confirm if this is also the case on PC? If so it might be just because it hasn't been updated or patched yet.

Hi all!

Thanks for the poke @Thefallenone5493, I've moved this over to the Tech forum so it's in the right place. 

While I have a chat with the team about this, can you all confirm the following for me:

• What platform you are on (including which type if you're on console, for example PS4 base or PS4 pro)  
  • Which cars (F1 or F2 or both) 
  • Which game modes you've seen it in.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Faya said:

Hi all!

Thanks for the poke @Thefallenone5493, I've moved this over to the Tech forum so it's in the right place. 

While I have a chat with the team about this, can you all confirm the following for me:

• What platform you are on (including which type if you're on console, for example PS4 base or PS4 pro)  

Thanks!

Thanks Faya,

I'm on the ps4 pro.

So far I've only tried the f1 cars in the wet in solo single race, but when I have time I'll try the f2 and and classics to see if the issue is present across all of the categories. 

On 6/27/2019 at 12:47 PM, Schwartzwelder said:

As the title says: rear rain lights not working on any of the cars in inclement conditions or during energy harvesting on PS4 pro. Anyone else have this issue? 

Aloso the steering wheel animation goes crazy in cockpit view as soon as the car crosses the finish line every time. 

Im same problem Ps4 pro. 

Yea not noticed any cars with the high level ERS charging/rain light working.

Also where the sound at the start of all the add-on races i.e F2

Thx @Faya

I am playing on the ps4 pro. And Its in all the sessions. Career, grand prix, F1,F2, multiplayer. In the Rain you Can see them only as reflection on the road.

I unpatched my game to version 1.0 and found that everything works as intended. So obviously the rear lights were working as intended when the game went gold and something was done in one of the patches that caused the lights to stop working. 

Ok that is strange, Hope they will fix it with a fast patch. Cause i do miss it 😞

Yes, watching a YouTuber playing a pre-release version the rear lights are working so the patch has disabled them.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:47 AM, Faya said:

Hi all!

Thanks!

@ Faya, i have tested this also and i can also confirm the rear light are not working for F1 car on Ps4 Pro with patch 1.03.

Also the Pit Light System don't turn on Yellow (or Green?) When they release you from the Pit with Red Bull team. I have tested this also on Ps4 Pro with patch 1.03.

You can see this also on the gameplay at 30:45..look at the Pit Light System.

Also the DRS LED does not light up when the DRS is available or activated on the steering wheel of that team that always finishes last, aka Williams. 

Not a huge game breaking bug, I know, but since there is a theme of lights not working properly in this game it might as well be fixed. Plus it's an easy fix, so why not. 

Anyone think the ERS light should be made to flash properly like in real life. At the moment it seems slow and not accurate. it should flash rapid when an AI or human opponent switches the ERS deployment to (none 0) and/or when they have no deployment left for that lap and/or when they run below 10% on the overall battery charge. To be most accurate, when they turn down the ERS to lower than the mode they were just on. It will allow for knowing when they are slowing down harvesting energy.

Can people let me know what they think

Actually this is bothering me for quite some time now....i dont understand why they cant get this right.

12 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

You mean the red light at the back of the cars?

If so, yes the blinking rate is totally out of sync to real life.

I don't see it hahaha

isn't it when it flashes that a driver isn't full throttle? Has nothing to do with what ers mode they are on l?

6 hours ago, AlexTT said:

I don't see it hahaha

isn't it when it flashes that a driver isn't full throttle? Has nothing to do with what ers mode they are on l?

Irl, if harvest mode is selected the red backlight turns on and blinks at a faster rate, if i remember correctly that was the case in the infamous crash of Rosberg and Hamilton in Spain 2016 as well.

Also irl, during rainy weather the red backlight starts to have a increased rate of blinking when on straights and a slow rate in the corners, whereas in game both seems to be absent.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:47 AM, Faya said:

Hi all!

Thanks!

Ps4 pro, no rear lights for every car, every track or conditions.  It's a simple, but that ended my dive. 

I'm autistic, i was watching a friend play on Ps4 slim, everything working, i was anxious.

I hope they solve it, 

best!

15 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Irl, if harvest mode is selected the red backlight turns on and blinks at a faster rate, if i remember correctly that was the case in the infamous crash of Rosberg and Hamilton in Spain 2016 as well.

Also irl, during rainy weather the red backlight starts to have a increased rate of blinking when on straights and a slow rate in the corners, whereas in game both seems to be absent.

Partially true, i looked it up on FIA website.

goes back to 2014😱

‘Lift and coast’

If the torque management system on the car decides to go into a fuel-save mode, the rear light will flash for a second to warn any driver behind. The thresholds are configurable but currently set for a car above 95 per cent throttle for more than a second, travelling faster than 180kph, that experiences a torque reduction of 120kW or more.

The warning system has been created because these events are controlled by the electronics rather than by the driver. If the driver decides to back off early then the situation is as it always has been. He has a responsibility to ensure another car is not close behind him. It’s as simple as that. One would normally expect the driver to check that it’s OK to back off. The warning light is there for situations not controlled by the driver.

source: https://www.fia.com/news/f1-race-directors-2014-technical-briefing