Multiplayer unranked not saving progression [ZX]

Question

Hi all, so I’m trying to play F1 2019 in an unranked multiplayer session but after I finish the practise,qualy and race if I stop playing the next time I load my save it puts me back to the start (aus) and I have to make the whole lobby up again. Anyone else having this issue and know what’s going on. I’m playing with ai and one online friend but it’s not saving anything. We do two races (including practise and qualy) and saved it. Went back to play the next day and all is lost and we start from Australia again. 

any advise greatly appreciated

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

Hi there @EtheHunter, thanks for posting. First thing, can you let me know what platform you are on please? Thanks!

2 hours ago, EtheHunter said:

Hi all, so I’m trying to play F1 2019 in an unranked multiplayer session but after I finish the practise,qualy and race if I stop playing the next time I load my save it puts me back to the start (aus) and I have to make the whole lobby up again. Anyone else having this issue and know what’s going on. I’m playing with ai and one online friend but it’s not saving anything. We do two races (including practise and qualy) and saved it. Went back to play the next day and all is lost and we start from Australia again. 

I hope you are playing a Online Championship as this is not what Unranked Multiplayer is. 

Not that I've ever used Unranked Multiplayer to set up multiple races; but if I did, I'd expect exactly what is happening to you to happen. Once you end / leave the session at any point, your progress in it is stopped and not saved. I've joined other people's Unranked Multiplayer and it usually selects from your track queue and then waits for the host to set another when it reaches the end.

It's not like Grand Prix mode where you save progress, you just end the session.

Hi Steve jay, thanks for the response. So sounds like I’m doing it wrong. Basically I want to play an online championship with my friend and the rest of the grid is ai. In the multiplayer  section I don’t see championships only weekly/league/ranked/unranked. So how do I set it up? Many thanks 

Sorry all, I am very much in bug hunt mode and am forgetting things.

Unranked game mode doesn’t save progress. Last year we had Saved Online Championship where progress could be saved in a multiplayer session. In F1 2019 you can set up a League to do this instead. Hope that helps! 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Faya said:

Unranked game mode doesn’t save progress. Last year we had Saved Online Championship where progress could be saved in a multiplayer session. In F1 2019 you can set up a League to do this instead. Hope that helps! 

On 6/27/2019 at 5:00 PM, Faya said:

Hello Faya,

Is it possible to change car performance to realistic in a league? Me and two of my friends played F1 2018 online championship and used different cars to level the performance.

If this can't be done then one of lads who is 64(!), will find it impossible to keep up with us. This will ruin it completely for him and us. 

It isn't an option. Online championships with realistic cars simply cannot be created. For whatever reason Codies decided to not implement probably the most popular feature in past F1 games, and instead focused on customization that nobody cares about. You cannot save progress on unranked lobbies, only the settings that were applied. And Leagues allows you to select F1 2019 cars, but on equal performance (which is completely pointless.) I love how this game is less complete than F1 2009 on the f****ng Wii

So, question I have is... how about LAN? Is it possible the lobby is saved if it is a LAN game? And if it is then how do I set one up as just knowing the IP address isnt enough to join someone's LAN game

It seems they dont care a out the casual players anymore and the ones that play with there friends for fun with the option to have different cars for different skill levels. Just means you will never be a le to level the playing field anymore. They have built the game around e-sports which is a big downside to the casual players out there. I hope they add a save game for unranked season or what's the point of it? No ones going to do a whole season in one sitting!!. 

On 6/27/2019 at 11:58 AM, EtheHunter said:

Has this been fixed yet?? Avoiding this game till they add it back. Should be a standard option instead of trying to force everyone Into league play. Definitely wont be buying again next year if this is resolved. That's what we bought it for this year and cant even do it so have not been playing it. No wonder it's on sale already. Just add save game to unranked!!!!!