So what do people think about the physics and ffb in F1 2019

I'm on Xbox and by default, I *think* I have it at 900 and then I just adjust it in the game. That way I can use the same wheel settings for this, Assetto, and PCars. For Dirt Rally, 500 on the wheel is what I use but I don't remember off the top of my head if I set it individually in that game or not.

19 hours ago, advanceapple said:

hi, by chance do you have any suggestions for g29 on ps4?

Looking for same thing - 

13 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

It affects everything in the wheel.

Saturation fixed a lot with CM's other current game Dirt Rally 2.0, also. Makes a world of difference. 

Tried it but ffb its same ofc :).But yes now i can keep 900 degrees on windows

No complaints about the handling, it's good I feel. FFB as well. It could be better, but it's again better than 2018. For sure I notice a subtle difference, and I like it.

1 hour ago, Neomo said:

Tried it but ffb its same ofc :).But yes now i can keep 900 degrees on windows

Ha Well I mean it doesnt affect the bumps and rattles, but it does greatly affect the overall steering feel.

For every wheel user, I would try 90% sat. On Dirt Rally, the same works well. However, I had to put the linearity to -10 and this game only goes to 0.

Overall, it still feels mushy compared to F1 cars in AC.  

Should be loadcell brake linearity set to 100 in game options? 

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 6:27 PM, DaleRossi said:

Turning steering saturation up to 90 made a world of difference! Steering linearity to 25 and then basically the stock FFB settings, but adjust the overall force to where you want it. Feels like a whole new game.

This depends entirely on what you have your steering wheel's rotation set to. On PS4 my thrustmaster auto set to 360 degrees, so if I'd move the saturation to 90, I'd be full lock in-game just by turning the wheel a couple of degrees. In my case and many others' this setting is absolutely best left at 0. 

The most important and universal thing to get right here if you're aiming for realism is to get your steering angles 1 on 1. If you turn your wheel 90°, the game's wheel should be turning 90° etc. If it's not turning enough compared to you, increase the saturation until it matches.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 3

41 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

This depends entirely on what you have your steering wheel's rotation set to. On PS4 my thrustmaster auto set to 360 degrees, so if I'd move the saturation to 90, I'd be full lock in-game just by turning the wheel a couple of degrees. In my case and many others' this setting is absolutely best left at 0. 

The most important and universal thing to get right here if you're aiming for realism is to get your steering angles 1 on 1. If you turn your wheel 90°, the game's wheel should be turning 90° etc. If it's not turning enough compared to you, increase the saturation until it matches.

I have set my t300 steering saturation to 10 i believe, just to help get through the nasty corners. 

@Neomo is also adjusted my t3pa loadcell 20kg. Added some linearity to make the initial press less sensitive and prevent lockups. A bit saturation added and pretty happy. Don't go allin 100 linearity, it's mostly purposed for initial pedal press

14 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

Good point. I keep my main setting at 900 and always adjust it in game. It may make things easier for you if you play multiple games. Between 4 different games and different types of cars, I finally just did this and adjusted in game and it made things a lot simpler. So now I'm 360 in F1 and it works well. It still isnt as crisp as AC, but it is much better. 

Re: question about linearity on brakes, you'll just have to try it. I never really liked that function on pedals, so I don't use it.

I think all in all most of us are very happy, 

wheel is still too light in the rain which really is the only thing that needs tweaking , 

f2 cars are suppose to be heavy on the wheel because no power steering, great little cars ,

monaco has to be the best track for. Graphics  , especially at midnight it looks amazing, 

one of the very few sims that works straight out of the box, 

thankyou codemasters and the U. S. R.  League also thanks you,

It even rewards trying to use no assists ,  

about time codemasters you've pulled your finger out although 2 years behind assetto corsa but Atleast you done it,

5 stars from me and the boys and girls at the U. S. R. league. 

I got my copy on Sunday.  Initially hated the handling model.  Im still not sure sure that I like it but its getting easier.  Whatever you did in previous games, throw it out and start over.  I came into this weekend on a give a solid effort in learning it, and if I dont improve enough for the game to be enjoyable just trade it in and play 2018 for another year.  After banging out a good 60 laps with various setups in TT with the Ferrari, I can say Im making progress and at the very least not having the rear snap as much and setting quicker times...  Normally Id be in the top 30-40%.  Not great, but good enough to play at 90-100 AI difficulty and have realistic results based on the car.  I feel like Im having to baby the car coming out of too many corners where aero wouldnt be having that much affect on the car, so I dont think its just reduced downforce.  Im also not a heavy ballast user, 7 was my default.

• Agree 1

Well sorry to say f1 2019 on ps4 using t300 wheel ffb was brilliant before last update,

Now especially in multiplayer that ffb has changed for the worst ,

how can this happen, here we have possibly the best f1 sim game codemasters has done so far ,that somehow in latest patch or update has taken or muted that great ffb,

sim racing will eventually be all wheel users ,and I thought codemasters understood that, pad vs wheel was equal before last update,  it's not anymore ,pad users now have the advantage again,

plus this strange tyre wear performance also in last update does not work for wheel users but pad users says they feel no diffence ,

the most fraustion is having no one from codemasters anwser any bug questions on here,

the same for dirt rally 2.0 , untill I bought the two Porsche cars few days ago game worked great, since I downloaded those cars the game is not working as before,

so why should I invest or buy any more DLC until this has been addressed,

and this is how the majority will think , if u want gamers to buy your stuff then please resolve issuses that we buy and test and test for hundreds of hours, please don't turn a blind eye, 

the more gamers talk how great a game is the more that game sells, more money for codemasters ,which is a win win for everyone ,

many thanks . 

I seem to be quicker in 2019 against my league mates......so I'm liking it.  :)

To be honest it feels pretty much the same as 2018 (after the update), just that the car setups are different now.  As in if you go to 2018 and replicate a 2019 setup but place the ballast at 5-6, the handling would end up pretty much like 2019.

For me this F1 2019 game and I using a Xbox one controller it's simply awesome.. I know that this game was made for wheel users.. And I I am trying to improve my controller settings but this game for me is amazing.. I would that Codies copy the Assetto Corsa feeling of the car for example with an option in difficulty settings that would be possible to choose beetween Simulation or normal settings.. In my opinion the Assetto Corsa is the Fairway the best simracing in car behavior.. Congratulations Codemasters because this F1 is excellent 

• Agree 1

'I'm using a Logitech G29 @Schwartzwelder'

The force feedback for me is a little off and late when relaying information of what the car in a whole is doing. One area I'm struggling with is when the wheel get's light informing me which side of the car has slip or lose of traction. Due to the tires lose traction from break lock-up, lose of grip from either overload of the camber 'side wall of the tire making contact with the track' or wheel spin. One area that can be improved is the load. When the weight of the wheel 'Force' getting heavy I can tell when I'm getting close the correct camber to suspension set-up. When I feel the right load 'weight' I'll be comfortable and the times will go do down.     

Posted (edited)

I feel like the understeer enhance option overpowers the whole FFB system, you end up with no feeling of the rear end(the only one i can feel kick it in is the self aligning pull, but that's the "you F... up" force).

Why don't you turn it off them?

While it does improve the feel of the rear but i certain amount it also ends up feeling heavy and weird to me.

If i had my way we would have a couple more sliders, such ass:

Force feedback speed sensitivity/power steering factor, an adjustment for how the FFB ramps up according to the speed of the car, currently it feels too similar in strength and weight wether we are on Pouhon or the Bus Stop, i would like the chance to tune that, get lighter resistance while keeping the forces kicking aggressively.

Maybe make the understeer into a slider too instead of a on/off switch. 

The physics itself are pretty decent, the car responds to setups in the expected manner, you can change the balance pretty radically yet it doesn't break the game, speed is close enough to real life... i'm satisfied with it, just needs a couple more options to tune how it feels.

Edited by LChaves01

IMO the feed back for the backend of the car is nicer but the front end either feels like it has endless grip despite massive understeer (with understeer enhance turned off) or it feels like it understeers when it's not (with understeer enhance turned on). It would be great if this was tuneable to at least altered to be in the middle.. I also find that the rear end feel is gone if you are understeering and have understeer enhance turned on,. It's as if the enhance forgets everything else that is happening so you can miss the back end stepping out.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, LChaves01 said:

If i had my way we would have a couple more sliders, such ass:

Force feedback speed sensitivity/power steering factor, an adjustment for how the FFB ramps up according to the speed of the car, currently it feels too similar in strength and weight wether we are on Pouhon or the Bus Stop, i would like the chance to tune that, get lighter resistance while keeping the forces kicking aggressively.

Maybe make the understeer into a slider too instead of a on/off switch. 

These are some great suggestions, I agree

• Like 1

Anyone using a Thrustmaster TX with T3PA pedals on the XBox One X version?  If so, how are the FFB effects with it?  I have F1-2018 with mine and I find the effects to be just functional, at best.  I think there's plenty of room for improvement with them.

On 29 June 2019 at 3:45 PM, senna94f1 said:

Hi ,we run leagues for pcars2 but as of the last 6 months f1 2018 and until that game had its very last update it didn't work ,the last update changed the wet and dry much better,. Plus pad users had a advantage over wheel users ,hence wheel users were faster in the wet,

now f1 2019 is greatly improved pad vs wheel users is almost the same except pad users get less track cut and disallowed lap time much less then a wheel user , I've tried this and can comfirms this ,

the new game tyre physic are highly improved for us wheel users , rain and wet still want tweaking still but not much,

please codemasters don't do any updates unless they work because the game is very very good,

in the pits you can't look left to right at your pit anymore by turning your wheel ,

But overall our league want to jump straight into f1 2019 because it works in our league testing online sessions, 

overall many many good reviews and myself is delighted how good the ffb wheel feels,

also so note on wheel ,when racing f2 cars they don't have power steering so henc wheel feels heavier ,

so from the U .S. R. League 5 stars for codemasters , thankyou and please don't spoil  with new updates lol.

Sorry forgot to say we are on ps4 ,and alls sweet .

Truly gutted ,

how a month or two passes and codemasters  truly spoilt a brilliant f1 sim,

why oh why can't they leave things alone, very few bugs and brilliant ffb when I posted the post above,

i came across my post and not 1 reply from codemasters as to why in 3 patches they have almost killed this game,

sorry but the person in charge of allowing theses truly terrible updates or patches should be sacked ,sorry but you should be sacked,,

the forum was once full of praise but has gone downhill so quick that we are heading full spread into a brick wall,

Involved in 4 f1 2019 leagues so that amounts to around 60 good decent people who I convinced to buy this game,

do the maths £3300 ,some bought the Senna vs Prost £65 waste of extra £20 , and some bought the £45 edition ,

i bet the YouTubers who got free games did not get this amount people to buy the game,

rollback to patch 1.05 before it's too late,

many people have posted about ffb being muted and have explained in great detail, 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, senna94f1 said:

Truly gutted ,

how a month or two passes and codemasters  truly spoilt a brilliant f1 sim,

why oh why can't they leave things alone, very few bugs and brilliant ffb when I posted the post above,

i came across my post and not 1 reply from codemasters as to why in 3 patches they have almost killed this game,

sorry but the person in charge of allowing theses truly terrible updates or patches should be sacked ,sorry but you should be sacked,,

the forum was once full of praise but has gone downhill so quick that we are heading full spread into a brick wall,

Involved in 4 f1 2019 leagues so that amounts to around 60 good decent people who I convinced to buy this game,

do the maths £3300 ,some bought the Senna vs Prost £65 waste of extra £20 , and some bought the £45 edition ,

i bet the YouTubers who got free games did not get this amount people to buy the game,

rollback to patch 1.05 before it's too late,

many people have posted about ffb being muted and have explained in great detail, 

They also ruined the ffb in DR 2.0. It was great on release as it felt very natural and conveyed a great sense of tyre flex and surface softness and now it's just a noisy mesh of rocks all over the stages with none of the sublime tyre flex and tyres digging in as on release. 

Codemasters, if you're reading this, trust your devs' judgements a little more and stop listening to stupids. 

Edited by Salvador17
  • Agree 1

So I did about 5 races this week and it doesn't feel as though anything has changed ffb-wise, at least on the ps4 pro. I can't be bothered to unpatch the game but it feels exactly as I remember it on day one. 

The only thing that I can think of to account for people feeling a difference is if they change cars, or if they compare different sessions. For example, I drove the 2019 Ferrari and it felt kind of heavy and saturated and rubbery. But then I tried the 2019 Renault, and it felt much better, almost as if the physics and ffb has a more detailed, higher fidelity than the Ferrari. 

There is also a massive difference in feeling as the track rubbers up over the weekend. So in the early practice sessions it feels kind of floaty, but then in the race itself it always feels great,,as there is a distinct perception of the tyres grabbing onto the track surface, especially on the racing line, while going off line results in the floaty feeling, which I think is really good as it punishes inaccuracies and mistakes. 

• Agree 2