Jump to content

So what do people think about the physics and ffb in F1 2019

Recommended Posts

For me this feels massively different compared to f1 2018. The 2019 cars feel quite similar to the offical 2017 f1 Ferrari in assetto corsa except it's a bit more forgiving and slides around a bit more. I find the sliding somewhat stange given that the 2009 and 2010 cars in f1 2019 feel much more on rails and the way they track just seems so much tighter and more precise. 

Overall a massive improvement over 2018 but I found that that my g29 wheel clips very easily in 2019 and I have to lower it to 50 for the 2019 f1 cars and as low as 40 for the GP 2 cars and the older classics without power steering. The clipping in the 2019 cars seems to exacerbate the slidey behaviour massively so if it's worth lowering from the default settings. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gabsn123 said:

f1 2018 was better.

Funny you should say that because that's exactly what I thought when I first played F1 2019. I've since changed my mind, mainly because the feel for the tyres is so much better in f1 2019, like they now seem to have a well-defined edge, whereas in f1 2018 they often feel very wishy washy and with seemingly undefined proportions. However, very strong ffb seems to mask that effect so you have to make sure that you're not clipping to get the most out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car feels lighter and agile on track. From F1 2015 to 2018 it felt like I was driving a boat. Handling model in 2019 reminds me a little of Assetto Corsa but of course, F1 still arcade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neomo said:

Clipping bar in game could very helpful

would be great to check telemetry in the garage. You could check your lap with pros and cons and the force feedback clipping. This would be a huge improvement, because i think many people which think FFB is spongy or inaccurate have gone over the top for their wheel and are lost in clipping.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ffigueir said:

Car feels lighter and agile on track. From F1 2015 to 2018 it felt like I was driving a boat. Handling model in 2019 reminds me a little of Assetto Corsa but of course, F1 still arcade.

There is no way I would call it arcade. It's way too detailed and nuanced in the physics and ffb departments to be called arcade. And the car behaviour is generally correct. 

The only thing that I think they've done, out of consideration for pad players I guess, is that they've made the loss of grip a  bit more progressive than it needs to be, which makes the cars feel a bit slidey and it takes away that knife edge feeling and makes it quite easy to save pretty much every slide. 

If they would just make the grip loss a bit more sudden this would be no worse than AC or Pcars in the realism department. 

  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty much "ho hum" to disappointed. Hopefully, I will find some better wheel settings.

Dirt Rally 2.0 feels incredible. I'm on Xbox One X and comparing the physics and FFB to a many years old Assetto Corsa on console with F1 cars makes F1 2019 feel pretty sub par.  

I'm using a Fanatec Formula V2 wheel and have messed with in game and wheel settings all day and it just doesnt feel right. 

Is this supposed to be sim or simcade? They obviously put a lot of time into it, but out of the box the physics dont feel sharp. 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

I am pretty much "ho hum" to disappointed. Hopefully, I will find some better wheel settings.

Dirt Rally 2.0 feels incredible. I'm on Xbox One X and comparing the physics and FFB to a many years old Assetto Corsa on console with F1 cars makes F1 2019 feel pretty sub par.  

I'm using a Fanatec Formula V2 wheel and have messed with in game and wheel settings all day and it just doesnt feel right. 

Is this supposed to be sim or simcade? They obviously put a lot of time into it, but out of the box the physics dont feel sharp. 

 

What wheel and what settings are you on? 

To me F1 2019 feels pretty good, although obviously I've never driven an f1 car of any kind so I don't know what it feels like in real life. The thing about sim games is that the steering wheel feel is never going to feel exactly the same as the steering wheel in real cars because in sim games the devs have contrive ways to communicate things that in real life you feel through your body. That's why every sim feels different as the devs have some freedom with regard to how they convey certain effects. 

In any case, compared to f1 2018, f1 2019 is a massive leap forward and as ive said earlier, if they would just make the transition from 100 grip to 0 grip a bit more sudden this would be right up there with AC Pcars, Rfactor etc. Fingers crossed we'll get that in 2020.

Edited by Schwartzwelder
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fanatec Formula V2 and Clubsport base 2.5.

I found a couple adjustments from another post that helped quite a bit. That was boosting steering Saturation and throttle to 25%.  

Yeah, I dont see myself ever being able to get behind the wheel of a real F1 car, no matter how much I beg.LOL The only open wheel I've driven was Formula Mazda.

You're spot on with transition of grip from full to none. That is a massive different between open wheel on a track compared to other cars. There is an absurd amount of grip, but when it goes, it snaps. There is really no warning. With road-going track cars, it is a lot more progressive.

So now I just need to get to the tedious process of learning a lot of tracks I dont know in this game. Ha

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All seems good, finding traction a problem coming out of slower corners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ,we run leagues for pcars2 but as of the last 6 months f1 2018 and until that game had its very last update it didn't work ,the last update changed the wet and dry much better,. Plus pad users had a advantage over wheel users ,hence wheel users were faster in the wet,

 

now f1 2019 is greatly improved pad vs wheel users is almost the same except pad users get less track cut and disallowed lap time much less then a wheel user , I've tried this and can comfirms this ,

the new game tyre physic are highly improved for us wheel users , rain and wet still want tweaking still but not much,

please codemasters don't do any updates unless they work because the game is very very good,

in the pits you can't look left to right at your pit anymore by turning your wheel ,

But overall our league want to jump straight into f1 2019 because it works in our league testing online sessions, 

overall many many good reviews and myself is delighted how good the ffb wheel feels,

 

also so note on wheel ,when racing f2 cars they don't have power steering so henc wheel feels heavier ,

so from the U .S. R. League 5 stars for codemasters , thankyou and please don't spoil  with new updates lol.

 

Sorry forgot to say we are on ps4 ,and alls sweet .

 

 

Edited by senna94f1
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

Hi ,we run leagues for pcars2 but as of the last 6 months f1 2018 and until that game had its very last update it didn't work ,the last update changed the wet and dry much better,. Plus pad users had a advantage over wheel users ,hence wheel users were faster in the wet,

 

now f1 2019 is greatly improved pad vs wheel users is almost the same except pad users get less track cut and disallowed lap time much less then a wheel user , I've tried this and can comfirms this ,

the new game tyre physic are highly improved for us wheel users , rain and wet still want tweaking still but not much,

please codemasters don't do any updates unless they work because the game is very very good,

in the pits you can't look left to right at your pit anymore by turning your wheel ,

But overall our league want to jump straight into f1 2019 because it works in our league testing online sessions, 

overall many many good reviews and myself is delighted how good the ffb wheel feels,

 

also so note on wheel ,when racing f2 cars they don't have power steering so henc wheel feels heavier ,

so from the U .S. R. League 5 stars for codemasters , thankyou and please don't spoil  with new updates lol.

 

Sorry forgot to say we are on ps4 ,and alls sweet .

 

 

Couldn't agree more. Leave the physics and ffb alone, unless you want to make the grip drop off curve a little steeper and therefore more realistic. Otherwise it's great as it is. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFB is great, Physics are very good too. 

 

The problem is the brutal lack of downforce and grip on the cars. Im waiting for the fix.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 5:08 AM, SturmDesTodes said:

It is very long indeed, but not as long as in the game.

 

Gearing ratio ingame is wrong and even longer than irl and it doesn't help that the sound of the engine is also way too low revving for what rpm it supposedly is showing on the dashboard.

 

Here are two pictures to show the exact same speed (328kmh) at different rpms, 11758 rpm irl and 11244 rpm ingame to reach 328 kmh:

 

 

 

 

Screenshot_20190627-105658_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190627-110202_YouTube.jpg

 

This is a whopping net difference of around 500 rpm and very likely one of the causes of the problem.

 

CM please fix it.

 

@Faya

 

On 6/27/2019 at 7:04 AM, Schwartzwelder said:

For me this feels massively different compared to f1 2018. The 2019 cars feel quite similar to the offical 2017 f1 Ferrari in assetto corsa except it's a bit more forgiving and slides around a bit more. I find the sliding somewhat stange given that the 2009 and 2010 cars in f1 2019 feel much more on rails and the way they track just seems so much tighter and more precise. 

Overall a massive improvement over 2018 but I found that that my g29 wheel clips very easily in 2019 and I have to lower it to 50 for the 2019 f1 cars and as low as 40 for the GP 2 cars and the older classics without power steering. The clipping in the 2019 cars seems to exacerbate the slidey behaviour massively so if it's worth lowering from the default settings. 

You hit it right on, that’s exactly what I was thinking, I know many out there will not like this handling model, as it’s less simcade, but I love it this game was made for the wheel and it’s great to see CM going this way, advice to pad players, buy a wheel.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thrustmaster TS-XW + TM open wheel rim, 
 

I’m really likings it and it’s definitely an improvement over last years but I’d love to feel more tyre slip. 
On assetto, pc2 etc.. as soon as the tyres loose slight traction you get the info in the wheel straight away so you can correct it or lift off. 
if F1 2019 did this it would be so much better. 
I’ve toned the ffB strength down over the last few days quite a bit which as helped in getting more feel but it’s still missing that tyre slip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have CSL elite with F1 rim for me the FFB is night and day with 18.

think FFB is very poor in 18 compared to 19. I get a much better idea of what the car is actually doing than before. You can tell they’ve done a lot of work on it. 

Finding it much easier to catch slides and I think there’s been an improvement on ffb in the wet. Found it undriveable almost previously. In 19 you can actually feel the limits of the grip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CSW 2.5 with Formula V2 rim, Xbox One X. Did a session last night kn Assetto Corsa with the F1 cars and it is incredible. I wanted to compare them back to back. That sim is pretty old now and it seems to me they have what should be the absolute standard on consoles for FFB. 

F1 2019 feels good, but it just isn't that close. To be fair, I'm not sure I have found the best settings yet. 2019 is still really good.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turning steering saturation up to 90 made a world of difference! Steering linearity to 25 and then basically the stock FFB settings, but adjust the overall force to where you want it. Feels like a whole new game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Turning steering saturation up to 90 made a world of difference! Steering linearity to 25 and then basically the stock FFB settings, but adjust the overall force to where you want it. Feels like a whole new game.

Interesting!!! I’ll give that a try tomorrow, thanks!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

Turning steering saturation up to 90 made a world of difference! Steering linearity to 25 and then basically the stock FFB settings, but adjust the overall force to where you want it. Feels like a whole new game.

How could saturation and linearity affect ffb? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It affects everything in the wheel.

Saturation fixed a lot with CM's other current game Dirt Rally 2.0, also. Makes a world of difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh lol thats weird. I have to try it. DaleRossi and what is your steering wheel rotation in windows?

Edited by Neomo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×