Jump to content Jump to content

Pitstop miskakes replicate to game

So you're telling me that if you do a 100% race and you're leading against your rivals and at your final pitstop they don't put your left rear tyre on properly and you have to DNF you'd be happy with that?
  • Codemasters Staff
My attitude to stuff like this is that it's OK for bad stuff to happen to the player, but they have to have some level of control over it. One example that we had in the past was the braking for your pit marks system in 2010, which would make your stop slower if you messed up. Stuff like that isn't out of the question, but I don't think we should ever implement anything that would ruin your race on a dice roll.
If it's a random dice roll, then perhaps being able to use a flashback to just before the incident for those who would get annoyed by this? If an AI car retires and then you flashback to before their retirement they'll most of the time then not retire. Could use the same formula for the player maybe. Or perhaps checkpoints after a certain % of the race and before pit stops so you could rewind to those points if your car randomly breaks down.
KR3 said:
So you're telling me that if you do a 100% race and you're leading against your rivals and at your final pitstop they don't put your left rear tyre on properly and you have to DNF you'd be happy with that?
If I’d flipped on the checkbox that said I’d take that chance, then sure. But agree it should be off by default, just like the rules and flags setting isn’t cranked all the way up by default in the current game.
KR3 said:
If I’d flipped on the checkbox that said I’d take that chance, then sure. But agree it should be off by default, just like the rules and flags setting isn’t cranked all the way up by default in the current game.
Agreed, options are a good thing.