Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

A Goodbye

Hey everyone,
I have some news and sadly it’s not related to F1 2015 (although that really isn’t too far away now).
Are you still reading? You know there’s no F1 2015 info here right? :P
So yes, sadly it’s time to announce that I’ll be leaving Codemasters tomorrow. I’ve had an amazing few years here at Codies and have loved being part of the F1 community. I have a lot of respect for you all and the passion you have for the sport and our games. 
I now leave you in the (amazing) hands of @justbiglee who’ll be taking the F1 reigns going forward.
All the best guys. I’ll miss this place, and I’ll miss you too!
Luke.

Best of luck to you, Luke.  Where are you off to?  Wouldn't it be cool to give us some F1 2015 news on the way out? :)

Layoffs, Steve Hood and many others jumping ship, plummeting sales... I think Codemasters won't renew their license after the current deal expires.

Hatta said:
Hey everyone,
I have some news and sadly it’s not related to F1 2015 (although that really isn’t too far away now).
So yes, sadly it’s time to announce that I’ll be leaving Codemasters tomorrow. I’ve had an amazing few years here at Codies and have loved being part of the F1 community. I have a lot of respect for you all and the passion you have for the sport and our games. 
I now leave you in the (amazing) hands of @justbiglee who’ll be taking the F1 reigns going forward.
Luke.
Sad to hear that @hatta.

My guess is even though you've had some stick on here, you have probably been tireless in putting forward the community viewpoint within Codemasters, and although we don't always realise it, you and the other community managers are probably the best friends/chance we have at getting what we want !

Thanks for representing us, and good luck in your new job.

Edit : I think justbiglee shoudl change his name to trulyenormouslee given his increase in scope. I've got a problem with my electricity supply at the moment - I might PM him on the off chance he's responsible for fixing that as well.

Hatta said:
Hey everyone,
Luke.

About time you go elsewhere. As a community manager you've been the less active and careless one since these new fora came online. Goodbye

Hatta said:
Luke.
You can not mean the forums you hardly bothered your arse to post anything here.

@Hatta Thanks and best of luck with whatever you do in the future.

@justbiglee I lurk on the dirt forums a fair bit and see you are quite active and interactive with the members over there so I sincerely hope you bring that to the table over here because it has been a constant problem with the F1 series to date.

I think this is as good a time as any to post this again @justbiglee now he's the lone wolf. :joy: 
Props to @RevolvingPrawn 

@justbiglee there's a quite obvious frustration and dissapointment amongst the online community for this game. 
It's fair to say that it's not just a select few who are aggrieved, and that there's a genuine problem to be addressed with this game and Codemasters communication with fans.
What can you do to change that and what are your thoughts?
Yeah I totally agree, we just kind of need to do everything better. Like I said elsewhere on the forum I do honestly believe we'll turn that around this year. The next F1 feels so good on track, it looks amazing and even in the early builds there are moments of utter brilliance. Videos, blog posts livestreams etc will never fully get that feeling of playing it across so its more a case of waiting until you have it in your hands. That said obviously we want nothing more than to be able to talk about our games, answer your questions and get an idea of what you think we're doing... I just can't do that until we actually announce and that's not my call. What is my call is how we communicate that stuff and you have my word I'll do everything I can to do it better.

I know you guys are dying for info and I'm trying not to use the word "soon"... So I won't.  ;)

Videos, blog posts livestreams etc will never fully get that feeling of playing it across so its more a case of waiting until you have it in your hands. 

Videos, blog posts and live streams confirmed!

That post already was way better than what we've got since, what, 2011? Great to have you here, Lee.

@justbiglee there's a quite obvious frustration and dissapointment amongst the online community for this game. 
It's fair to say that it's not just a select few who are aggrieved, and that there's a genuine problem to be addressed with this game and Codemasters communication with fans.
What can you do to change that and what are your thoughts?
 The next F1 feels so good on track, it looks amazing and even in the early builds there are moments of utter brilliance. Videos, blog posts livestreams etc will never fully get that feeling of playing it across so its more a case of waiting until you have it in your hands. T

That's why we have so many issues with codies, nearly every other game producer will inform their potential customs along the way of game features, publish screenshots and video's, for some unexplainable reason codies thinks it needs to be kept top secret, why is that?

You need to better engage with the customer while you are the process of building the next version, use blog posts, send out newsletters, don’t do like always the usual here it is post and then say nothing more.

I believe that a good 2015 F1 game that is free of bugs will nearly erase all the frustration that goes on in these forums once its released.  Until then, the frustration builds and most speculation about the game will be negative especially considering the lack of information thats been shared.

at least Big Lee was the only person related to codemasters to say they have been poor in terms of support for games that were bugged out to the max on release. its a start I suppose

im kinda the same, I go months without coming on here but always come back as codies are only company to make F1 games. if they lost the license I would never come here.

MS7XWDC said:
hola said:
who was Luke
http://forums.codemasters.com/profile/9/Hatta
mmpaw37 said:
yeah your right you would think so, but thats par for the course with this place, baby steps man don't expect things to change overnight

Its funny really..., I only came on here the other day just to see if my ban had been lifted, and now I feel the need to continue my association with this forum!.

Why were you banned