Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can we please get usable mirrors in cockpit view?

We keep asking year over year and no one hears us. Driving a racing cars without mirrors is like eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with no taste buds.

Have you tried a clean install ? sounds like a issue with your copy of the game, I dont know if Codemasters have a technical helpline, or just the section on here,

Sorry I couldn't be more help. hope you get it sorted soon.

man this topic was talked about enough, the view you have in the cockpit is realistic, adjust the cam or use your view, otherwise you have the arrows which helps you to see where the other dude is.

I know frustrating, but it is how it is, and your view is realistic, and we all scream for realism

Mirrors cannot be seen in cockpit view unless the FOV is altered making the view extremely unrealistic.

The 'look around' function can be used to see the mirrors but is not always easy when using a wheel.

F1 cars don't have the greatest of mirrors IRL. I'd say it was realistic enough. You can use 'look behind'. Personally, I've never made much use of them but instead use the mini map and proximity arrows. If you want improvements, the mini map is an area to concentrate on, especially in multiplayer as the dot is on you and the car is nearly 2 seconds or more behind.

I end up moving my field of view so I can use them ... I slow already so I hope to improve 🤣😂🤣.

At least I can see behind me now

16 hours ago, mattb97 said:

Mirrors cannot be seen in cockpit view unless the FOV is altered making the view extremely unrealistic.

The 'look around' function can be used to see the mirrors but is not always easy when using a wheel.

Adjust horizontal cam instead of FOV

On 6/27/2019 at 2:33 PM, mattb97 said:

What do you feel is wrong with adjusting fov so you can see mirrors?