Cockpit Cam Halo Transparency 2019

Halo Transparency option  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Halo Transparency option in the settings.

• Yes I want this additional option in the settings.
    • I don`t care for this feature.

20 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

agree on this one, but I think before F1 2020 you will not have it...but I would sign it as well if we would have that option

From memory, we didn't have the option to turn the halo column off on release day, the option came in a later version so there is still a chance.

I play with the column on, but this can become an issue on straights where your braking reference is directly ahead or there is a car idirectly in front of you and you can't judge their braking.

• Agree 1

I play with the column on, but this can become an issue on straights where your braking reference is directly ahead or there is a car idirectly in front of you and you can't judge their braking.

same for me, normally before corners I do a little right or left to check out the guy in front of me if I do not see him through HALO

On 7/1/2019 at 12:57 PM, Worntoathread said:

This is a really good idea and I'd much prefer this to having it on/off entirely! 

Thank you man, I hope they make it. I wish FIA select the shield and Vettel don't have any problems driving with it. 🙂

On 7/1/2019 at 1:35 PM, drKotasz said:

OP did a fantastic job. The presentation of the idea is top notch.

I fully support the transparent halo!

Thank you, man! I wanted to make a very clear example and easy to understand. Writhing only text is not always very useful and sometimes the devs may interpret it in a different way.

• Agree 2

On 7/1/2019 at 3:32 PM, CarloLewis said:

From memory, we didn't have the option to turn the halo column off on release day, the option came in a later version so there is still a chance.

Yes, this is very annoying, pilots in real life don't have this issue. I don't like disabling pieces or play outside especially when I use my wheel its bizarre to float in the air on tv pod when using it or play inside and trying to see what's happening in front. CM please guys try to develop this idea in a future!

That would be great if that would be implemented. I wouldn't have to remove the center piece of the Halo. 

problem with the proposed image I find is that it brings back the column. The column itself should be even more transparant.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, akinozdemir said:

Any response from Devs?

Unfortunately not. I really hope they made this feature available for 2019 but if they can't at least consider it for 2020. If enough people request it I think they Maybe. I must create a Poll.

Edited by BiohazardBGR
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 11:37 PM, Striker_703 said:

That would be great if that would be implemented. I wouldn't have to remove the center piece of the Halo. 

Yes, but with the option to have both, some people may prefer to remove the entire column. Maybe I must wright this idea to the big F1 YouTubers and get more exposure I doubt every player read the forums 🙂

1 hour ago, BiohazardBGR said:

Yes, but with the option to have both, some people may prefer to remove the entire column. Maybe I must wright this idea to the big F1 YouTubers and get more exposure I doubt every player read the forums 🙂

If it's something that matters to them they'll read it @BiohazardBGR. How many BIG Sim-racing YouTube creators use the cockpit view in F1 2019 or past years? I know of three including myself. How many major eSports drivers use the cockpit view? None that we know of. There's a small pool of cockpit drivers/players that would enjoy that option. It's up to the @staff to relay any and all good points to the team. 

Question. BGR? "The Burger Joint"   

Until the majority of players is playing the game in different views than cockpit cam, i think there is a small interest for Codemasters to implement this option. But i really like the idea and it would be fantastic for the immersion. At the moment i switch off the halo column, but this doesn't feel right. The option for transparency would be great for all cockpit users.

• Agree 3

40 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

How many major eSports drivers use the cockpit view? None that we know of. 

I'm fairly certain Bono Huis was the only one to use  a (modified) cockpit cam last year.

8 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

I'm fairly certain Bono Huis was the only one to use  a (modified) cockpit cam last year.

I'll have to look up some video. I would really like to see what type of cockpit he was using. 

7 hours ago, akinozdemir said:

I don't understand why there is no response from Devs.

Just because the devs aren't responding, doesn't mean they aren't paying attention. 

I really hope that the option will be added to the next update @Akkan74. I've tried using the T-Cam view and it does two things for me. It keeps me looking down at the track instead of ahead of me and it's a major distraction to always look at the car. I pay more attention to the tires hitting the apex rather than driving through the apex lol. The good thing about the T-Cam are the mirrors. The bad thing about that. NO ONE USES THEM!! LOL Oh boy. 

• Agree 1

I agree, I actually tought of it myself too when playing Project Cars in helmet cam. When racing at high speeds in helmet cam, you only focus on the track, everything else gets blurred or in this case transparant. 

So yes, I’d also like to see a version of this get inplemented in F1. Adding Visor Cam as a new camera view would be a nice way to integrate this naturally. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen F1 visor cam footage, it looks spectacular. Who knows.. maybe 2020.

• Agree 1

Advanced issues found

On 7/18/2019 at 1:37 PM, StanleyGoodspeed said:

I agree, I actually tought of it myself too when playing Project Cars in helmet cam. When racing at high speeds in helmet cam, you only focus on the track, everything else gets blurred or in this case transparant. 

So yes, I’d also like to see a version of this get inplemented in F1. Adding Visor Cam as a new camera view would be a nice way to integrate this naturally. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen F1 visor cam footage, it looks spectacular. Who knows.. maybe 2020.

I was thinking to create a threat with a similar Idea. I love the helmet cam in project cars and will fit perfectly in F1, especially with the halo transparency, will be great!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The transparency of the HUD elements can already be individually adjusted. Could this be maybe extented to the halo itself?

Edited by drKotasz