Cockpit Cam Halo Transparency 2019

Halo Transparency option  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Halo Transparency option in the settings.

• Yes I want this additional option in the settings.
    • I don`t care for this feature.

10 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

I don't see the need for this. The current option to remove the center piece from the halo, which obstrucuts the view of cars farther down the tarmac, especially in the rain, is sufficient. I had made this same case sometime last year for an option to make the halo invisible, but it was shut down my the Codemasters, who instead opted for the removal of the center stack only.  Also, I beleive that since this is an officially sanctioned game, that the FIA has a weigh in on features of the game like this, and I'm sure they probably turned it down.   As it stands now, I'm totally comfortable with the removal of the center stack, as the remainder of the halo in that configuration doesn't bother me at all. 

Actually the option to make the halo transparent is in the game and looks great, when you are on the formation lap and slow down your halo and part of the mirrors go transparent. This option is superior then the current variant that is suboptimal. Removing the part of the car is unrealistic and looks very different on all of the cars. Some cars have more visibility other almost none even with the central column removed. The reason That I creat this tread is the current option is not a big effort from the devs and is not an optimal solution. You may be happy with the current option but more of the people are not thats why Coddies just need to add the already existent feature in the menu, very easy and fast task.

Specially registered in order to support this great idea. Thanks to the author for the excellent screenshots.

I hope it will be realized soon.

P.S. Translated by Google

• Thanks 1

I don't see the need for this. The current option to remove the center piece from the halo, which obstrucuts the view of cars farther down the tarmac, especially in the rain, is sufficient. I had made this same case sometime last year for an option to make the halo invisible, but it was shut down my the Codemasters, who instead opted for the removal of the center stack only.  Try as you may, you'll get nowhere with this request.  I'm totally comfortable with the removal of the center stack, as the remainder of the halo in that configuration doesn't bother me at all. 

Update: Also sine the game emulates physically based materials, it's impossible to make Titanium in a simulated environ, as in the real world.  Also, I believe the FIA has to sign off on this stuff and they didn't go for the transparency option. Again, the removal of the centerstack is OK for cockpit view.  

• Agree 1

On 6/27/2019 at 4:19 PM, BiohazardBGR said:

Hi guys, a couple of months ago I created a thread with a suggestion for the halo but now I created a more detailed solution and example of what I mean. The Halo is a big problem for any cockpit user and removing the central column is nice but don't look very realistic. An additional option can be added. F1 is a simulator and it`s trying to feel very realistic but the lack of geometry of the equipment make it less authentic. The halo is a part of the modern open wheel single sitters and doesn't disturb the drivers but for the players is a big issue. I was thinking why not introduce 2 sliders one for the size of a mask controlling the area of the transparent part and another one controlling the exact transparency. The eyes naturally make the front of the halo transparent when you drive and a similar effect can be achieved......

I drive with the halo, as I think it's more realistic than removing it completely (but I'd have to sit in a real F1 cockpit to be sure) so it's not true to say it's a problem for all cockpit users.

BUT I think this is a well reasoned idea - the eyes in a real cockpit will definitely cancel out a lot of the halo directly in front. So, provided this does not cause detriment to graphics (stuttering or poor performance due to extra graphic layer in some way), then why not? It would be a good option to have something similar to that Assetto Corsa version, and players could use it and adjust it, or not use it, whatever they choose. 

• Like 1

Would maybe a solution like that in Need For Speed Shift/Shift 2 Unleashed work, where the close up cockpit is blurred at higher speeds, to replicate you focussing on the horizon? Of course that'd make displays hard to read, maybe a selective blur on the halo?

• Like 1

Any chance this can be introduced in 2020? Maybe not the entire HALO, but at least the central pillar transparency adjustment would be nice to have.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The halo should be semi transparent. This is a very known optical "ilusion" you can do a simple test if you don't believe me, just put a finger in front of your face and at the same time focus on the infinite, try looking and your tv for example and you'll see the finger will look semi transparent, if you look only from one eye then yes you won't see it semi transparent. Infact if you seat on a F1 and you look and focus on infinit like the track you see it like semi transparent, that's why for F1 drivers the halo is not an issue. So to make a realistic cockpit this idea makes perfect sense.

Edited by HugoPenafort
  • Agree 1