Sign in to follow this  

Camber settings

According to Lando Norris he says Camber settings are the wrong way round.

So which way to put the bar for more camber? Slider to left or to right? 

Look what they should do and think about how it should feel. Than try full left and full right and compare it. Afterwards take one as a starting point and adjust it to your liking.

The part they have messed up is that they’ve got -3.5 labeled as minimum camber and -2.0 labeled as maximum camber when really -3.5 would be the maximum about of camber, the negative denotes that the tops of the tires tires are leaning in towards the car.  I think they took a mathematical approach to it thinking -3.5 is less than -2 but who knows maybe they have the numbers switched around so moving it all the way to the right creates 3.5 degrees of  negative camber.  Maybe somebody can check a telemetry app that shows you your cars setup and determine in the wording or the numbers are wrong.

A quick look at the top TT times setups it appears everyone is running f/r camber all the way to the right and f/r toe all the way to the left on every track I’ve checked so far.  I really think the setup model needs a revamp because this doesn’t seem right. This has been the case for ‘17 and ‘18 too so maybe for the next generation of consoles.

Edited by jrod22145
Added another thought
  • Agree 2

Thanks for your help. I think they need to scrap the car setup and put in one same as project racing etc.

I think camber and toe doesn’t affect the setup really much. The fact that most of the guys run full right and full left for all tracks, proves that the adjustments are nearly senseless till 2017. 

The TT set up described above is to give maximum acceleration.  It is not the perfect setup for cornering but as long as you can set up the car through the other areas you should get good turn in and then the camber setting allow for a fast exit and maximum speed on the straight